1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Aidan O’Shea

Notably, any time the ball was delivered into our box.

Doogs. and jocksteinupper like this.
  2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Brilliant result. Huge 3 points.

Player’s tails will be up after that. I really hope the board seize the initiative here and now. Use the international break wisely and do what’s best for this club

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I wasn’t trying to be witty. I was deadly serious.

In fact I reined it in a bit because it’s before the watershed.

Have a word with yourself ffs

Free the Adblock likes this.
  4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    A good win no doubt, part of me still wants him gone as all it takes is a poor result at hibs and we're back to square 1 with him.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  5. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Got me.

6. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Spot on!! It actually is that bad.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Today doesn't change how I feel about him not being the right man for the job.

8. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    All I mean is that if we look back in a month or so, or after the New Years game and he’s sacked then and it’s far too late. Surely now would’ve been a much more opportune moment to get rid of him whilst the league can still be salvaged. In spite of the result today, I have no reason to believe that there isn’t another embarrassment coming our way soon enough. It wasn’t a want for Celtic to lose but rather I was pondering if we were to lose and he simply had no option but to go, would that not be better than another few false dawns or “corners turned” followed up by * like that on Thursday or a couple of weeks ago.

9. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

The last 4/5 games, our work rate and press goes completely off a cliff at the 60 minute mark. Literally to the minute.

We just sit it out and wait for something to happen. Then start making changes. It’s baffling. Surely our management team can see this??

10. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Any decent team scores 3 against us today. I’m amazed no subs were made sooner in midfield when it was obvious we were getting overrun in that area. We’re lucky we have individuals with a lot of quality to bail out our tactically inept manager.

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

This.

12. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    The board aren't going to sack a manager that's won as much as he has whilst we're only 3 points behind, our domestic results would need to plummet.

crazy-horse1977 and Saul Goodman like this.
  13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Still has to go. That Motherwell team are * and we still managed to get into a dangerous situation and make them look better than they are. Shame it's came to this but that's the chance he took coming back.

Artorias likes this.
  14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah pretty much agree. Motherwells best spell in the game came when we started to flag a wee bit and it felt like there was no organisation when we weren't on the front foot. Today was better, but the issues are still there. I think Lennon got a reaction today but the signs are there that we're still not that well-organised or controlled.

I still feel like there are some 'quick fixes' that we've not really addressed. We've consistently looked vulnerable from set pieces and counter-attacks but we don't seem to have addressed it. When we're attacking, it feels like we just encourage players to get forward and hope they work it out themselves. Doesn't ever feel like there's much of a pattern.

At our best under Rodgers, we'd attack and keep teams penned in because we were well-organised to pick up second balls. We were more patient then and we'd keep the ball moving quickly and go side-to-side to open things up. It never really feels like we have sustained attacks under Lennon. It feels to me like we chuck players forward and go for it, and it feels like every attack against an organised defence ends with a hopefull cross or shot. If it breaks down we're having to rush back to defend a counter-attack. That just seems to be how Lennon wants things done, and it'll work most of the time against your Motherwells or St Johnstone's, but its risky and, as we've seen, better teams can really punish you.

Keano88 and McChiellini.. like this.
  15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yep. Just unfolds like clockwork before our eyes.

16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I remember when Heckingbottom went to hibs and they asked couple of players the difference in the set up, they said straight away about how much more thorough and tactical he was. Then you have ex players talking about lenny's coaching and even him himself saying he doesn't do tactics.
    It isn't good.

King of Kings likes this.
  17. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    My thinking too.

Best case scenario for me is he can see us over the line in the league this season, and then we part ways. We won’t improve in Europe under him.

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I've felt that for several games in a row and several of my mates have said the same.

Just Kieran likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon isn't a daft guy.

He's acutely aware of the feeling of supporters at the moment, he's spent the last 6 - 8 weeks telling us that's it's hysteria and that we're over-reacting to results/performances.

Following that we've then had a capitulation against Sparta Prague at home and he's said he didn't know where that performance came from, when the rest of us could see it coming and he's been downplaying it.

The reverse should be true. A manager of a club like Celtic should be seeing issues or possible issues long before we do and they should be making tweaks behind the scenes to avoid those issues resulting in some of the horrendous results & performances we've seen this season.

I'd be interested to hear his expansion on the not doing analysis comments as they don't appear ambiguous in any way to me. It seems pretty clear that he's saying he hasn't went through a game in a long period of time with the players, which given some of the horrendous results and performances we've seen has rightly caused ire among supporters.

He must know that when the black clouds are hanging over us, that his words will be under the microscope more than they would in other times.

Supporters want to hear acknowledgement of problems and how those problems are going to be solved. Which isn't what we're hearing or seeing and why some are doubting his ability to fix things and win the 10.

20. StevieBhoooy!

We won today due to a couple of key players being up for it and fully switched on...

This was in spite of poor setup, formation and game tactics/substitutions.... not because of them.

The players are screaming out for a decent coaching team.

A chance to part company with a win.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.