1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

Without Forster, Lennon is trash in Europe.

2. oh bhoy

and it's much the same domestically

3. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Forster wanted bigger £ getting him to sign has nowt to do with NL and Forster gets the £ he wanted as Southamptons 3rd choice.... goalie.....

4. StevieBhoooy!

I think the goal keeping situation has been a key indicator of the mismanagement...

FF was a great acquisition at he time.. losing him (whatever the reasons) was a critical moment. I still feel there’s more to his reluctance to stay than just money and a chance at epl glory.

At the same time Craig Gordon was frozen out and offloaded without having an adequate replacement for him or FF lined up.. The board backed Lenny with 5 mill £££ for Barkas who has so far been a rabbit in headlights...

.... meanwhile Gordon is the toast of tynecastle and being recalled to the Scotland squad.

:39:

5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The players are good enough for the champions league, at least to qualify but we were dog * in all but the 1st qualifying match.

6. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    losing him (whatever the reasons)............... he left for more £ and thats all thats too it

7. celticfife

I think the board have decision paralysis, they clearly dread making a new appointment and it getting worse but I doubt they're sitting thinking Lennon is the best choice.

I've said it before but, being worried about making the wrong choice on our next manager isn't a reason to keep the one that clearly isn't working.

If we don't go out and seek the best in our class manager then not only will we not win the league or anything else but our best players will be on the phone to their agents seeking moves and with that comes lower transfer fees for the club, if players want out it limits your negotiating power.

Here's hoping that the club see sense soon and make the move we all know they need to.

Markybhoy, King of Kings and Peej like this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The type of manager and how he coached and trains a squad is a big big thing these days.
    Rodgers being here was pretty much the * reason guys like Édouard, ntcham etc all came.
    Frimpong will even have been caught up in the aftermath of it

A guy like Lennon does not impress anyone at all.

No young talent is looking at Lennon and thinking "that's a guy who gets the best out of young talent and can help coach me to a new level

He's actually * us over in manb more ways than just bad results.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  9. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Cant believe he is still here kiss goodbye to 10

Peej likes this.
  10. john2061

Again shitebag board lawwell won't sack his boy and Desmond needs to do it but the clock is ticking and we can't afford any more dropped points in the league .

11. reillers88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    When the camera shot to Lennon in the first half the first thing I thought was * look at the bags under his eyes. Been saying it for ages now that the pressure of the ten is too much for him and he's buckling. I don't agree with people saying they are beginning to hate him though - he's a club legend and always will be but this is putting a serious dent in that status. But ultimately the needs of the club has to come first - in other words an agreement has to reached for his contract to be terminated and hopefully he agrees to his payoff being less than what he would have made if he stayed.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

To be honest, if he was still here, that set of results would suit me fine.

In fact I would be sending the reserves to the rest of the EL games and have the rest of them at Lennoxtown working on tactics and formations.

13. Keano88

Looking like he’ll be in charge this weekend then.

International break after the Motherwell game so hopefully we’ll replace him, Kennedy and Strachan.

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Pish

15. oh bhoy

Why the * is he still here ,get a proper * manager in ffs!

16. Keano88

Definitely. The campaign is a write off.

Should be used to get good minutes in the legs of Soro, Turnbull, Klimala, Connell, Henderson, Johnston and Dembele etc.

Jeremie Frimpong and Sean Daleer like this.
  17. Bighairyboss

Rodgers left in February and Neil came in and steadied the ship to get us over the line to 8iar. It shoud have ended there. The board didnt even have the foresite or dilligence to search for candidates to take over the job that summer. They had 4/5 months to get the right man in, not the cheap option and now its coming back to bite us hard. Once we knew it was lenny we all wanted him to succeed but the signs were there of indiscipline, lack of fitness, some players wanting away, others going through the motions. We have all seen it before, Brady, Macari, Barnes, Mowbray and Deila.. When you lose your ability to motivate your players and get them to buy into your methods its only a matter of time. We have the best squad of players in the country by a mile and if managed properly would win the league at a canter. So for me this is a easy fix. I would let Lenny and the backroom team go and would go for Eddie Howe.

Martybhoy53 likes this.
  18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

We really are miles off it at the moment. He's not going to get sacked unless we get beat at the weekend tho and even then he might hang on to it

19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Tbh I'm surprised he hasn't left of his own accord. He must know the strength of feeling and the growing tide of opinion against him.

20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Agree with all that. The thing I hope the board realise is that while taking no action may appear to be passive, it is very much an active choice, and they will be held accountable for that choice.

The only way he loses his job in the coming days is if we lose to Motherwell, and even then I think it's by no means a sure thing. Ultimately, you want the new manager to have time to assess the squad and at least try and put his own marker down in training. I would much rather see someone new come in before the winter break to have that time. It feels like we're just delaying the inevitable.