1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Smithy

Fact of the matter is the players clearly don't want to play for him anymore. McGregor has confirmed this by twice saying that the players don't understand his tactics.

This is modern football, the players have the power not the manager, whether you like that or not.

If we want to have any chance at the 10 then he has to go. Now.

Gyp Rosetti and Whoflungdung like this.
  2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The ‘at least he’ll stop us getting humiliated in Europe’ brigade are pretty quiet these days.

3. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Must be quiet behind the wood work today. They're all out. Good fun trying to spot them out cover their tracks!!

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Have zero evidence like everyone else, and this is entirely conjecture, but I can't see him being very inspiring behind the scenes at all these days. There are no tactically astute vibes at all.

Just has an old school feel about everything just now and that is why we have seen this change in "culture". Too much of the hard work of the last few years has been undone in the last 18 months for me. I can picture him giving half-arsed training sessions. Kennedy just standing about with a whistle and a stopwatch. And * knows what Strachan gets up to. Just laziness and expecting players to just get the job done.

I'm beginning to dislike him now too, which is sad, but he is a stubborn so-and-so.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

You just watch the turn around.

Hail Hail brother.

Valhalla and dmccourt95 like this.
  6. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    The thing is we have the best group of players in Scotland by some distance, what we need is a manager who knows his best system and stick with it. I keep saying it but Stevie clark has already shown with kilmarnock and Scotland how to get a team playing to their strengths. He'll make us hard to beat and with the guys we've got going forward we'll definitely score, right now we can't keep * all out our net, that needs addressed now.

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    So, so disappointed hes still here

neilly1987 likes this.
  8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He did a * good job of that last season. It's pretty clear something's wrong at the moment, but that doesn't negate everything he has done up till now.

Sean Daleer, Gabriel and Liam Scales like this.
  9. Sevcoslayer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Not sure. There’s been money on him today as he’s come in to 20’s from nowhere.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Slept on it and I want him gone and it isn’t dependent on the Motherwell result on Sunday. There are too many red flags this season. I can’t say for certain but from the outside it looks like he’s lost the dressing room.

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He could win Sunday 7-0 for all I care, he still needs to go.

Too many bad performances and bad results now. A great result at the weekend will be the fluke in it all.

6 weeks ago I was okay to let him see out the season and call it time after the ten, but it's clear as day he is either just completely * at the job or has completely lost the players. Either way the manager goes.
    And he goes now...the fact it has not been announced yet is a big worry though

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

12. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I am sure he said before he was less of a hands on coach when it came to the training and left that to the coaches. That leaves Kennedy and Straxhan. Kennedy turned down the job at Hibs, don't know much about Straxhan other then he is an ex managers son and won * all in the game. Since Duff left things have got worse. If Lennon does stay for the duration we have to seriously look at bringingbsomebody alongside him that the players will respect and understand.

Marty McFly likes this.
  13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Do we * have the best players in Scotland...what fukin planet are you on ?

The best players have a will to win along with skill and a professional attitude....

We have none of this from the boardroom right down to the players on the pitch last night.

It's an absolute fuking shambles.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We’ve went from being humiliated in the CL to being humiliated in the Europa League.

Progress.

Valhalla, neilly1987 and Breathnach67 like this.
  15. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Every minute he’s still here is a minute lost forever

16. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Conceding 4 at home to Cluj and 3 at home to Copenhagen was humiliating.

Some other very good results, granted, but the humiliations are far too frequent and as the past two seasons have shown he’s just not capable of making us solid in Europe on a consistent basis.

I would be like yourself in that I have been desperate for him to succeed and was even hoping we’d turned a corner. But if we’re being honest and looking at his reign as a whole (and not just the highs), then he hasn’t done well enough.

Added to the fact it’s so blatantly obvious by the players’ body language that something isn’t right behind the scenes I think it’s time for him to go.

17. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    So who has the best players in Scotland? and seeing as you enjoy swearing I'm on the same * planet as you. I'll agree were lacking in mental strength with a will to win but we definitely have the biggest and best squad of players in Scotland.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  18. stew37

Said something similar a while back. Regardless of what happens now I don't feel he's the man for taking us forward. We can't keep on turning so called corners and then put in a display like last night. The good performances at the moment are the exception to the rule.

You hope he completely turns it around but it's been getting gradually poorer for a while.

Sgt Neppers* and Peej like this.
  19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I kind of agree with this. I see a lot of people mentioning us having the best players in Scotland, or that only a handful (at best) Sevco players would get into our squad though.

I don’t agree that you’re only as good as your last game, but at the same time you can rest on past achievements forever. Ultimately, we find ourselves 9 points behind, albeit with a couple of games in hand, have conceded defeat at home vs Sevco without even threatening them, abs are getting trounced in the Europa League. If the tables were turned and they were saying they had the best players in the league, I would be saying talk is cheap.

20. Lewis Kerr

Its not a CL level squad but should be good enough to challenge as group winners of the EL, not get slapped around by third rate mobs at home.