1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

Yes I'm that type of *.

But can we seriously * off now with this patter that Lennon is good in Europe or in fact better than Rodgers.

He's not, he's * garbage.

He's last season with us were we also happened to get scudded off the likes of AC Milan and the likes was evidence of this, as a manager overall he's seriously regressed since first taking the position of celtic manager

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We need a proper professional management team in place, we're supposed to be a big club, everything about us under Lenny has been amateurish.

The Board thought they could save money when they gave Lenny the job, but really in the long run it has cost the club so much more.

The most important man at a football club is the manager, get that right and everything else falls into place, get it wrong and it all starts to go * up.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Two words Fraser Forster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. john2061

A blind man can see that theirs big problems with alot of players and the manager and something needs to give .
    Do the board stick with Lennon till the transfer window opens and get rid of the ones who don't want to be there but by that time we could be 10 points behind the zombies .
    If we get rid of Lennon just now who going to take over it could take weeks to find a replacement and needs to be somebody who's got a good track record in tactics and game management and someone unemployed at the moment .
    Knowing this board I can see them letting Lennon carry on for at least the next couple of league games .

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

1 word.

Ambrose.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Now, we probably don't perform the way we did last night with fans in, but can you imagine we did. It would have been very ugly indeed and Lenny wouldn't have survived..

He's fortunate in that respect and it also allows the board to bury their heads in the sand. Much to our detriment..

I mean, I've given a fair crack to turn it around but come on its clear it's riskier keeping him in the job.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  7. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Can't see him being replaced during the season and I'm not convinced he'll even be replaced at the end of it should we lose the league. Don't expect he'll resign either. The board like and trust Lennon and he can point to much domestic success during two separate periods. He can also claim some notable successes in Europe(Barca, Lazio, CL qualification, Qualifying from EL group) to balance against the failures. Taking into account the current financial situation(significant money would be required to end his contract and also to bring a new man in) and also the scarcity of obvious replacements, these are the reason I don't see him leaving. It does seem rather disloyal to be talking about binning a guy who has done so much for the club as a player and manager but I just don't see the team learning from it's mistakes or making any real progress and the players body language is terrible. Neil Lennon has done more for this club than pretty much all those players in our squad but, as we know, you can't sack all the players so it's the coach who cops it.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’ve read some * on here but this pile of guff is definitely up there.

9. Martybhoy53

Our next 6 games:
    Motherwell (a)
    Hibs (a)
    Sparta Prague (a)
    AC Milan (a)
    St. Johnstone (h)
    Lille (h)

10. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    If he’s not out after dropping points at Hibs at the very most, it’ll be nigh on criminal from the board.

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Win
    Win
    Humped
    Humiliated
    Win
    Humped.

12. green-yin

Is the presser for motherwell today? If we dont hear today that hes leaving then he will be in the dugout come sunday.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'd take that. :56:

14. Henke102

Want him to go, along with Kennedy and Strachan, none of this * that Kennedy will stay for "transition" purposes, when it is clear he is the eyes and ears for PL in the dressing room under RD, BR and NL.

Don't trust that PL will make this decision unless we go X amount of points down to huns and Lennons position is extremely untenable (in that the league is nearly gone).

Think the board have got complacent, 17k waiting list fully sold out even when fans not allowed back in, but accounts are not as healthy as previous years, even though the UCL this year and last has gifted us a very generous path to tens of millions.

Clearly we work better under a BR type with current batch of players, this rules out MON and Strachan, any other options are bound to be costly in the short term. Worst case scenario the huns win league, and given they are decent in Europe they get that big pay day, and it keeps them going.

ciaran72, Gyp Rosetti and Marty McFly like this.
  15. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

He's gotta go man, we've got a CL level squad and has been well backed yet continues to make us worse than the sum of our parts and look like a competitive top 4 spfl team rather than the dominant force we should be and have been for almost a decade.

16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Duffy cannot play in a team with a high line is constantly exposed when Brown plays because he cannot cover the defence like he used to. He can't defend and can't drive the team forward anymore, all he is doing is holding us back, when McGregor dropped into his position when he was subbed off he looked far better, to the point where I think when he plays next to Brown he is having to do a lot of Browns work which is affecting his game.

Confidence is as low as it has been for a long time in the team, probably the lowest for majority of the squad. Something needs to change, obviously getting beat by the huns, Milan and throwing away a lead at the sheep wasn't enough of a boot up the * for them.

Sutton is a petulant * when he wants to be, singling out Griff like that was pathetic and to me he doesn't look unfit at all, he's not played enough games so of course his match fitness isn't up to * scratch. Griff should be starting every game just now, Eddy is still struggling for fitness and Ajeti doesn't look a lone striker.

Lenny wont go unless there is a serious disaster at the weekend and he loses the dressing room. Thing is he was praising the players after * performances start of the season, that's the issue. He accepted mediocrity early in the season instead of being Lenny of old and calling out the pish performances before they got worse. He's not throwing them under the bus every week like slippy, he's calling them out for what was a pathetic display and deservedly so.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  17. Henke102

For balance sheet men like Lawwell, I cannot see how they would like and trust him (although I do agree that they do seem to support him). We had 2 easy paths into the UCL last year and this year which we * up badly in both. Going from BR to Lennon without interviewing anyone when you are in a position of strength off and on the pitch, and ending up where we are now, is ridiculous. It also lies at Lawells door.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Aye.

Europa league campaign is basically over, which is frustrating after a good result in France.

Hand on heart though, I don’t see us winning the next 3 league games. In fact I’m 50/50 on us winning the game this weekend.

19. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

you know what it seems like, it seems like he cant manage a big squad

20. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Take your hand off for that right now mate!!

Sean Daleer and johnboy19 like this.