1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    Hearing rumours that the plan was for John Kennedy to be handed the job at the end of the season after the 10 was wrapped up.

Apparently Lennon and his agent have been telling anyone who will listen that JK was foisted upon him and he's only there to pick up the pieces should Lennon fail, also that Lennon doesn't trust him.

Shocking if true but I could quite believe it. I think Lennons hit the bottle as well, not hard to see.

2. oh bhoy

this is already a salvage job theres no * way lennon can be allowed to let us fall further behind in the league

Jeannie960 likes this.
  3. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    He'll be given the game on Sunday. Really pains me to say it, but if it takes a defeat to get him off the books then I'd take it.

4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Wouldn't surprise me. From one cheap option to another even cheaper option.

Artorias, Bazza Bhoy and Jeannie960 like this.
  5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not convinced people will buy in again for season books if that's the case.

People won't fall for the Kennedy on an interim basis then a bigger appointment to some fanfare next season to try get fans onside again.

If the 10 is lost then people will rightly want an autopsy done on how we failed to clinch it from our position of financial strength and a free run at Champions League money, that we failed on more occasions that not to bank.

This runs deeper than Lennon. We are sub-standard all over the shop and there needs to be accountability for that.

6. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I agree. If I were Desmond I'd be taking the responsibility of picking a manager, dealing with transfers etc out of Lawwells hands. I think he's very good at the business and networking side of things, and he should concentrate on that. Appoint an executive, director of football, whatever you want to call it, that reports to Lawwell, but has full control of the football side of things. All Lawwell should be doing is setting the budget for them, they use it how they think best, they hire new managers, deal with all aspects of transfers and the manager reports directly to them.

It's blatantly clear that Lawwell, with his "I didn't bother reading the other applications" spiel should not be dealing with that side of things for me, as that is a very real dereliction of duty. Even if it were a lie, and he did actually read them, but was saying that for the cameras, it's still an incredibly unprofessional appearance it gives.

JML67 likes this.
  7. Cringer67

Couldnt agree more. We need to win these games in hand to even have a chance now. I take no pleasure in wanting a club legend gone but if he stays I can honestly see the huns winning this league by 10+ points.

8. StevieBhoooy!

We can’t afford that!

A 12 point gap will be insurmountable ...

... no matter how many games in hand.

It’s a lose-lose match. If the team win comfortably (nothing would surprise) then it’ll be a ‘great comeback’, ‘corner being turned ‘ still... ‘Lennon bringing it back’ etcetc

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  9. RiquelmeCSC

See when you look at other clubs and they have sport scientists, fitness coaches etc. We literally have Lennon, Kennedy and Strachan. It’s actually depressing.

10. Sin

Where's the posters that a few days ago were calling people on here a disgrace for wanting Lennon sacked? They seem to have went very quiet very quickly!

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

So depressing

RiquelmeCSC likes this.
  12. TheHappyLoss

Slept on it and he sadly has to go. The squad we have should not be performing as badly as it has for most of the season. Don’t think he will go though

Gyp Rosetti and Jeannie960 like this.
  13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    No one is taking any pleasure in this. It takes a lot for most of us to admit his time is up. The man has taken so much abuse for being the manager of Celtic so it's no surprise that feelings are running high. I'm gutted that I feel so strongly that he should move on and I take no pleasure in it. There are others though outside of the Celtic family who will be taking great pleasure in it and we want to give them nothing and no further grist to their mill. We will defend Neil Lennon the man but as a manager his position has been indefensible of late.

14. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    O
    I'd rather he went now so the Huns can't abuse him for losing the 10.

Love the man and the legend but as manager his time is sadly up.

We as a club owe it to him to support him after he goes, knowing his past mental health issues and any other issues he is having.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    SuperZidane and Jeannie960 like this.
  15. TheHappyLoss

100%, the guy is a legend, but it’s clearly a mess. It’s not about sides we all support Celtic on here, bar a few suspicious *. It’s what’s best for the team and I don’t think that’s Lenny now

16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Mental how first time Lennon's defence was rock solid. Now he cant keep a drip out in a storm shelter.

17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No one did that. What was disgraceful was the abusive nature of some comments.

Sean Daleer and TheHappyLoss like this.
  18. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

It’s one thing being a sub standard manager, there’s loads of those about and it’s not a crime.

But I’m amazed he’s still there. I’ll start to lose respect for him if he doesn’t walk away.

The damage he is doing is irreversible and if he’s as big a Celtic man as we like to think then he should be able to see this.

19. oh bhoy

i wouldnt describe his previous defence as rock solid by any strech of the imagination

20. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    The “old bhoys and sons of old bhoys” act. It’s embarrassing actually, it’s like a rag tag 1970s set up.