1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Absolutely what will happen imo.

He’ll be sacked when we’re miles behind in the league. Kennedy will take over on an interim basis.

2. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    If lennon is still in charge come the motherwell game we need 2 things to maybe motivate him, a speaker blasting abuse at him and a machine that lobs loose change towards the dugout. That's about the only time that there's any fire in him. In the months between March and August he lost all ability as a coach to keep players motivated and driven as well as himself.

It was superb football after dubai, but then he's played stupid teams with players out of position, slagged half the squad, stuck with underperforming players, shown a complete reluctance to change things that are aren't working and been generally inept.

He did great things in the past, buts that's it. The past. We need the now and I can't see it bring lennon and would dish he could leave with dignity, if he becomes the one that * this year all his achievements are forgotten and he's the * that lost the 10

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    That's why it has to be done now.. today...if it isnt Lawwell needs punted too

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  4. Tomas

Simply continuing to pick Shane Duffy is a sacking offence. I've watched Celtic for over 50 years and he's as bad as I've seen, definitely as slow as I can remember and there have been some toppers.
    Neil Lennon has been great for us as a player and has had success as our manager, but this season cannot be allowed to fizzle out without our winning the league.
    We have a must win game on Sunday, regardless of that result, Lawell and the board must act to bring in a manager who can get the job done.

5. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    He's benefitting from no fans being in the stadiums as much as the huns this season. Fans would've gathered outside the stadium, before now. His post match interview, like after the ferencvaros game, is just aimless blaming. Just alluding the things here and there without really saying anything, and will probably backtrack on it before motherwell.

There's a real lack of motivation, hunger, passion and leadership in the squad, that comes from lenny, and its been on the wall for a while.. and the same things can be said for the suits above him.

Peej likes this.
  6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Any rumours floating about other than mad Phil Mcwhatever about a replacement?

7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Would love to see it being done today, but it won’t be. I’m 99% sure at least.

Lawwell will go at the end of the season regardless of the outcome imo.

thailandceltic likes this.
  8. Jeremie Frimpong

I live and breathe Celtic, but I have been disengaged for much of this season. That is, in part, because of the strange circumstances around this season, but it is also because I have known for some time where this path leads.

If we bite the bullet, and sack Lennon immediately (he is too arrogant to leave), we might be able to salvage this season, although I fear we may have left it too late.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. Jeremie Frimpong

He knows nothing. He is a narcissist and a fantasist.

scootz likes this.
  10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I said the same thing last night after the game, the whole club needs gutted top to bottom. The years of neglect and just doing enough to stay ahead of the huns is starting to show, in this season of all seasons aswell.

11. RiquelmeCSC

He has to go, it’s as simple as that. Otherwise I will be led to believe Lennon and the board have never ever wanted us to win the ten. There can be no other excuse for the continued * we are seeing on the park.

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Stubborn maybe if he was arrogant he would actually take better care of himself and be more professional like Rodgers but I get what you are meaning probably pride more than anything else he think Celtic job is his by birthright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    That's why I said anyone other than him

14. Jeremie Frimpong

Despite starting in the fourth tier just eight and a half years ago, and being a basket case, they are now firmly established title challengers. The 'natural order' has been restored, and Scottish football is once more a two-horse race: if not this season, they will win the league in the near future.

How have we squandered such a monumental head start on them, both on and off the field? It is criminal!

15. Jeremie Frimpong

I was restating the sentiment, not disagreeing with you.

16. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Seriously some of them look like they're going into the game half hearted, like they've downed tools. I agree their play is unacceptable and as professionals they should be doing it. I can't help but look at a player like Duffy though who's so slow that milk would turn quicker. The guy has nothing about him that really gives me confidence. Broony just doesn't look like the same cocky full of bravado and smiley guy who constantly drives folk forward.

This is Lenny's team now and he must see what's glaringly obvious to the rest of us. Players like Eddy, Cham and Rogic are continually bummed up to the eyeballs to such an extent we should be flying with such sooperdooper stars in our team. The players who go out there and fight their individual battles like Griff, Frim, Laxalt, Christie and McGregor have their contribution barely given a mention or are heavily criticised, along with the rest, to the extent that I think Christie and McGregor seem to be affected by it. Mc Gregor really needs a rest and Christie needs to have people around him that * turn up and are up to the speed of the game. He needs to work on his passing I agree. What's happening with the bench players like Turnbull and Soro?

I couldn't believe Suttons rant about Griff last night and if I were Griff I would wonder if Sutton had the ear of the manager. It seemed so personal and inaccurate of late. He kept going on about how overweight and out of condition Griff was and that was why he always started on the bench. I felt like he was pulling up ready made excuses for Lenny not playing him than actually looking at Griff! Yes he let everyone down at the start of the season but anyone with half an eye can see he's serious about really trying now and he doesn't look overweight or unfit!

No the more I think on it I'm still raging at last night and I want Lennon out. He's been getting lessons from Slippy on how to throw his players under a bus and has been bringing his allies on board with him to help him do it. Not so long ago we were all laughing at Sevco saying Slippy must stay..........well the boots well and truly on the other foot now!

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's a joke how quickly we went backwards with this appointment.

We dominated Scottish football like nothing seen before, Rodgers got turned and the team became stale, but we still had the fitness and the drive.

Queue Lennon to * it all up and suddenly the Huns are actual title challengers and look like it's a matter of time before they win something.

We really need to go spend £3million a year on a manager that takes modern day football * serious.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Gyp Rosetti and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He knows this is by far the best job he’ll ever get in management. That’s why I’ll be stunned if he walks.

Bolton was the best he could get last time. I doubt any English Championship club would go near him this time.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  19. StevieBhoooy!

Id get him signed up first before he sees them and does a runner..

20. StevieBhoooy!

It’s that 1% chance that we can cling onto.

King of Kings likes this.