1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    He gone yet?

Couldn't watch the club I love doing this on my watch.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  2. Markybhoy

Gotcha.

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Lennon is trying to out do Trump tonight for delusional ramblings...

4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    This guys had more chances of redemption than * Lazarus....... there really can’t be “another chance” how many last chances can someone get? This isn’t 1 or 2 results, this has been months in the making, * football, * tactics, truly baffling press interviews, attacking players in the media, there has to be a point where enough is enough, for me sadly that was after being pumped by them, but surely now that has to be it?

Morcombe likes this.
  5. oh bhoy

several of the games this season have been contenders for the worst ive ever seen .we have played well in 2 games its nowhere near good enough .lennon has got to go right now

thailandceltic likes this.
  6. john2061

Only way he's leaving just now if he resigns the board are shitebags and won't do it even though that was the worst display in years getting beat off a reserve side .
    We are not winning the league if he stays till the end of the season the team looks disorganised he doesn't know what subs or tactics to use in games and his back room team are worse than him .

Noskeil likes this.
  7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He’s went worse than Barnes theirs no way he is staying on after that tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He did limp over the line.

We only extended our lead because the huns completely collapsed. Rodgers won his last 7 league games after the winter break and we were cruising in them.

Lennon took over and we drew 3 (all 0-0, with two at Celtic Park) and lost 1 in the next 11 matches. That’s not even mentioning needing last minute winners to beat Dundee and Hearts.

Like I said, our performances were woeful in his interim spell. The huns dropping points to Hibs and Killie twice is what took it from 8 points to 9. Not us improving.

Valhalla, Twisty, Yoshi and 6 others like this.
  9. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I'm off to bed and hoping when I wake up he will have done the decent thing and walked away.. if not not Lawwell has sacked him..

Unfortunately I dont expect either....sad times

10. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    See from that, * are they getting 4 full days of rest? They’re professional athletes! Tonight was a big game and required preparation. The lack of professionalism under Lenny (not just this spell but the first one at times too) has been appalling. Part of that “culture change” is you Neil.

11. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    The Huns losing and drawing was what gave Rodgers the 8 points gap also, and the football we played before Rodgers left was no better than the football Lennon s team played in the run in that season

Sydneysider likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Pish. The football post winter break was great. Our goal difference in those 7 games was 18-1. The 11 games under Lennon 13-5.

Much of the football in Rodgers’ last 18 months was *, aye. But our form dropped off a cliff when he left. We had come back from Dubai refreshed and playing good stuff - just like we did earlier this year. Lennon took over for the last 11 matches and the football was eye bleeding.

He should have been thanked for his efforts then and we should have moved on.

13. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Under Rodgers there was professionalism from the training pitch to the interview after the game. It’s no coincidence that that has almost disappeared the longer NL has had the job, same as his first stint, same at Bolton, same at Hibs, funnily enough it’s happening again here, the worrying thing with that is how deep is the rot? Can you salvage anything from his system in the short term to win the 10 or is this going to be a massive systematic rebuild of the entire back room, training, etc what BR initially had to do?

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

A culture change? What does that even mean?

I can understand a new manager fresh in the door calling for a “culture change” but not the man who has been in the job for 2 * years.

If it’s not your culture after 2 years Neil then when will it ever be yours?

Breaks my heart to see him like this but nobody is bigger than the club.

That was horrendous tonight and I don’t want to hear from the manager that he thinks a change of culture is needed 2 years into his reign. If you haven’t fostered your own culture by now then maybe it is time for a change of culture, in the form of a new coaching staff.

15. JamesM09

We’re obviously on a severe downward trajectory now as a club under Lennon. The professionalism Rodgers brought in should’ve been maintained, but Lennon has all but eroded it now. We clearly don’t do match prep in any meaningful way.

It’s so disappointing it wasn’t maintained. I reckon the first season it was kept up, but once Lennon established himself with league and cup wins his old ways came back. Combine that with bringing Strachan boy (Peterborough assistant) to coach the team and here we are.

*, our players look so lost and unfit. I miss the well-drilled, super fit days of that snakey *.

Noskeil likes this.
  16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Delving a little deeper into the “culture change” comment. You could very easily attribute that to him admitting that players aren’t on board with his “culture” whatever it may be.

I just think admitting after 2 years in the job that it’s not tactics that is the problem but an actual culture problem is grounds for the sack.

Could Lenny be working his ticket with that chat? I’m guessing he will be richer if he gets sacked than if he walked

17. Bazza Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Its a grand old team to play for
    Phil Mac reporting that 2 English based managers have been contacted for exploratory talks. Apparently Desmond was in Glasgow for the game.

I think now is a good time to pull the trigger, have Kennedy take the team for the Motherwell game and bed a new manager in over the international break.

It has to be an appointment of similar stature to Rodgers. Otherwise the season is gone.

18. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’d have Kennedy go fetch the dubbin for the boots and that’s about it! iPad man can simply go back to the football backwaters of a Peterborough.

I said in the match thread that Laxalt, who has barely kicked a ball in the last year, looks twice as fit as the rest of the team. Is this The Tennents Bar Sunday League 11 approach from Lenny?

If ever there was a time for the club captain to step up to the plate, this is it. These guys are still getting paid to represent us. A once in a lifetime opportunity for hero status and immortality. Despite my opinion that the standards of today are second rate, these are the chosen ones. This is their time. Once in a lifetime.

If we blow this then, in truth, I’ll never see it again in my lifetime, I’ll probably be dead by the time a shot at another 10 would be available.

Being beaten to the glory of 10 by a superior side whilst having bust a gut to get there (like 1996 despite Tommy’s inability to get a result at Kilmarnock or The Debt Star) is acceptable. Knowing the guys that wear our colours have run through brick walls for us is something we could live with.

What will haunt me though is the fact that most of them look like they don’t care. Why should Ntcham give a * about how many times I’ve been asked what school I went to at job interviews? Why should Ely care or understand that I’ve been called a dirty * B at every away ground I’ve visited in this country? You know what? They shouldn’t need to, all of them should have enough professional pride in themselves to block out the emotion and work their best for their handsome wages. If they don’t understand the people and cause they represent then the very least they should do is work themselves to the bone to earn their salary.

Our manager, this manager of all people, shouldn’t need a tactics ipad for the basics of drumming into them for whom they play and why they must be at their best.

The players do need proper coaching though, and the fitness levels look poor. Laxalt looks as though he’s taking Asterix’s magic potion compared to the rest of them.

Christie looks like the Under 13’s player of the year candidate that I always thought he was. Capable of flashes of sublime touches and goals, the rest of the time he’s an Aberdeen player, no more no less. We can all see the positional awareness is zero, the hitting of the first man with almost every cross (Taylor got pelters for that), the slack passing, the Hollywood attempts that rarely come off. With the right coaching we would see more of peak Christie. With the right coaching we’d see more peak of the whole squad.

The reliance on a four foot midget in defence against big strong guys is insane. The thought process can only be that he’s great going forward though and he’s so enthusiastic so that outweighs his defensive flaws that put even more pressure on an already flustered and unsettled central defence? In the right system young Frimpong would be immense when utilised correctly, but just now it’s an obvious gaping hole in the defence.

I have singled out a few individuals only as part of a rant. I am not specifically blaming them for our current woes. They are only a few examples of what could be and should be a superior team, but they look disorganised and we are not getting the best out of them.

The board have backed Lenny big time this year despite the usual insane formations and line ups in the CL qualifiers and our usual capitulation. Not to mention the financial hammering due to Covid. He got to keep his squad and add to it. It’s too late to say he needs to get more from them.

I would take grinding out 1-0 wins this year just to get to 10. I would take it if we fought tooth and nail in every game. The thing is, if we did battle to the best of our abilities in the scrappy games we would win the war of attrition more often than not and then go on to turn on the style. We just don’t look up for the fight.

I never thought I’d ever say that about any Celtic team. The worst I saw was a Scottish Cup defeat at Fir Park in the early 90’s, that team just chucked it that day.

People are saying the team miss the fans and they are also feeling the pressure. They can’t have it both ways because if we were there we would be letting them know that we are not happy with their overall effort this season. That would be pressure.

I think it’s too late to say get the finger out Lenny. He looks bemused, alone, lost and almost disinterested.

Everybody at Celtic Park represent us. Our hopes, our dreams and aspirations. It’s about time they all * realised it and gave more of a * about their professional performance.

I think if we don’t get a result this weekend then it’s game over for Lenny. Sad to say it, but true.
    That’s pressure for him, so he has to get the team to raise their game for this one and keep it there.

19. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Lenny has clearly lost the dressing room and it is time for the whole management team to be pushed out the door now and a new manager installed immediately before this season is lost .

SuperZidane likes this.
  20. Bunk Moreland

I like Phil but would take his, like most bloggers info with a grain of salt.