1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Funny how it looked a month or so back that Rogic would be gone for good. Glad he's still here as he's definitely making a difference.

GreenLeanMean, Wee Baldy and Hammy89 like this.
  2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    His subs really frustrate me at times but he looks to have us playing well again.

Was extremely confident before the game today and am for Thursday too, been a while since I could say I was for two games in a row. Big ones too.

thailandceltic likes this.
  3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Subs are my biggest criticism on him. It was the same with MON and WGS, the biggest influences on him as a manager that.

4. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We’d lost a grip of the midfield for the first 15 mins of the second half today, thought it was crying out for Ntcham to come on. Failing that even Turnbull.

Couldn’t see the point in bringing Griff and Ajeti on when we were struggling to string even 5 passes together in their half.

Similarly on Thursday, I couldn’t understand why it took him so long to take Ntcham off, when he was clearly out on his feet. Was pulling my hair out watching him give the ball away three or four times in a row because he was too knackered to do anything with it.

GreenLeanMean and JC Anton like this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The frustration is that being able to utilise 5 subs should benefit us the most.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Mostly because Rogic and Eddy were knackered. They both should have pushed onto their two centre backs and get us further up the pitch. They didn’t though they were very disjointed.

Ntcham on Thursday defo

7. wulliebad

Sorry my bad, i meant three games this season not three in a row,should have worded it better.(killie 2 points)

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Definitely not on current form Ntcham doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near the starting 11

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  9. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Think he means Ntcham was out on his feet last Thurs and should have been off sooner...

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I was agreeing with his point on Ntcham against Lille

11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think our starting lineups are starting to finally improve, was a real issue at the start of the season, but his use of substitutes are still really poor. We need to start making subs within the 55 to 65 minute, and if there's clear issues with the lineup at half time he needs to make changes for the second.

I still feel like Brown shouldn't be starting everygame, but Ntcham has been pretty poor recently so I can maybe see why Lenny has him back in, we really do need to be playing Turnbull and Soro a lot more.

12. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I don’t deny my sentiments of the past week in wanting Lenny gone, I am however pleased that it APPEARS we have turned a corner and all power to Lenny, perhaps claims he has lost certain sections of the dressing room were unfounded after all. I maintain, however, that Lenny still has a penchant to make stupid decisions before or during games and it’s something that is going to continue to worry me throughout the season.

13. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I stated that i wanted him to win the semi final and then win all domestic games in Nov. I'm prepared to give him the opportunity to turn it around, but it must be a massive swing in performances and team attitude.

With our game schedule filling up the gap is likely to grow even if we win all our games. November we need to show what we are about and see how the league looks on Dec 1st

Breathnach67 likes this.
  14. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Delighted for him today.

I’m one of his biggest critics but it hurts to actually criticise him. The same reason I don’t and never wanted Larsson as manager.

I’ve seen people on here accuse others of having something personal against Lennon when criticising him.

But it couldn’t be further from the truth. You meet any Celtic fan, it’s unanimous in the support of Neil Lennon for what he’s done for our club over the years, he’s synonymous with the club.

Having said that it still doesn’t make him the right choice to take us forward. The ideal scenario is we win the league and he walks with his head held high.

But it was a solid performance today, a well needed clean sheet, delighted for the manager in particular.

King of Kings likes this.
  15. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    And the pendulum on here swings again :56:

Have we turned the corner ?
    Certainly will know in the next 4 games.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON hailed his Celtic side for ending their winless run — and showing why he backed them.

Lenny’s Hoops booked their place in the Scottish Cup final with a 2-0 Win over Aberdeen .

Ryan Christie and Mohamed Elyounoussi scored to set up a clash with Hearts at Hampden on December 20.

Celtic are 90 minutes away from their FOURTH successive treble.

And Lennon beamed: “I’ve had no problem with the players’ character or their form.

"I thought we were outstanding on Thursday night and we followed it up with a really good performance today.

It’s not that they needed confidence, they just needed to get that win again I suppose.

“I’m not saying it will be plain sailing from here on in, there will be challenges as we go along.

But the important thing was to get through to the final and we’ve done that comfortably.

“We now have another big day to look forward to. I thought we were outstanding — it was a stunning first half performance in particular.

“We were going into the game off a tough European tie last week against a good side.

Because of that there was a bit of fatigue in the second half, which was understandable.

But I thought we were in control and now have a cup final to look forward to.

“It says a lot about the mentality of the players. The quality of the two goals was top class.

“The first was magnificent after we’d been unlucky not to score earlier through Odsonne Edouard.

"But Ryan then came up with an absolute pearler. That set us up and I thought we were vibrant after that.

We played a lot of good football and the second goal came from a beautiful set-up from Tom Rogic.

"Moi is in fantastic form at the minute and he was in the right place to finish it off.

“That gave us a cushion in the game and after that we were very comfortable.

"I would have liked it if we could have tried to get a few more goals but the players are giving us everything and there have been some good signs in the last week or so.

“I’m not saying we’ve turned the corner completely because I think we can get better still.

“But it’s another victory in a cup tie where the players have shown magnificent consistency.

“It’s just a question now of trying to keep the squad fresh and healthy for the volume of games we have coming up.

“But they can be really happy with today. They are on the cusp of another treble, with is unheard of.

“I think it’s magnificent for the players and for the fans. Physically we looked strong.

“We dealt with crosses and set plays a lot better, that was something we touched on the last couple of days.

I thought Scott Bain looked very assured with the ball at his feet or hands and we dealt with anything Aberdeen threw at us very competently.

“It was a really good performance, a really good result and we move on now.”

Rogic was involved in Celtic’s two goals with Lennon delighted with the Aussie midfielder’s display.

He added: “He has always played well against Aberdeen and his vision and quality on the ball, his football intelligence just gives you a different dimension to the way you want to play.

“He is just a class football player and we just want to keep him motivated and injury free if we can. He is such a massive player for us.”

Dannybhoy81, Metrobhoy and honda like this.
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

4 trebles :56: that's fuckig disgustingly brilliant and a thing I'd never thought possible

18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Whole thing has made me realise how uncomfortable it can be having an ex-player, and club idol, as manager.

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Glad larsson never got the job. I'd just stare at him and miss the games :56:

20. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    He's got this.