1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I dont doubt our players ability or commitment it was great tonight.. I question our managers ability to get 90 minutes out of them and to manage a game for 90 minutes...

2. Jeremie Frimpong

The vast majority of supporters have given him credit for the first-half performance tonight. How much praise is enough?

I see people peddling the line that fans are reluctant to give him credit after every win or draw these days, even when the thread is littered with people doing just that.

I cannot recall people complaining that Deila failed to receive praise for a win against St. Johnstone. It is bizarre.

3. Big C

Totally agree, a bit * off. We loose such scrappy goals every week.

4. Big C

My worry was always how we’d react when we lost a goal, which was inevitable with how we’re playing. The defending is amateurish at best but we need to at least get a shot on target when we break on them.

5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Thought that the first half performance was great.

Wish he was more proactive rather than reactive when it comes to making subs though. We were on the ropes for most of the second half and it was clear we needed to make a change or two. Midfield was changed when it was 2-2 when we could have done with that earlier when they started to dominate.

It was a good point though but feels very disappointing to throw away a two goal lead after such a fantastic first half performance.

Sunday was always more important for me so here’s hoping we can crack on then and for the rest of the season.

Keano88 likes this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You must be reading a different thread because the whole tone of the thread is critical rather that offering any praise.

A lot of posters who are the most critical never venture into the thread after a postive result. And tend to praise the players more.

It's definitely unbalanced and that's not even a debate.

PaulM1888 and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  7. JamesM09

This is exactly how I feel. The standard has been lowered so much that people are happy we’re set up well for one half now.

When the opposition adapts, our management is clueless how to react.

But how Ntcham was allowed to wander about that pitch with zero effort for so long is criminal. How is anyone defending that? I’m not even asking for anything exceptional here, just recognise a player is doing * all and whip him off. Basic stuff once again.

thailandceltic likes this.
  8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Exactly mate, we play * in first half v Ac Milan and we get absolutely slated, play well in the second half and it’s because Milan were in second gear

Get an away draw v a team everybody on here said we would lose too , noo suddenly they aren’t that good, granted we were 2-0 up, same as Rennes last season, any team that finish 3rd and 4th in the French league are good teams and to get a score draw against either away from home 2 up or not deserve praise

9. Markybhoy

If you look at the first half performance, or the result in isolation, then it was a good night's work and there were some things to feel optimistic about.

You can't do that though. You have to look at the whole picture. Lennon has been in the papers the last couple of days talking about the defence and how it needs to get it's act together. Well it didn't. It was rubbish again tonight. What is he doing with them on the training field? Whatever it is, it's not working. And it will cost him his job if he doesn't rectify it shortly.

joemc likes this.
  10. Big C

It’s sheer frustration for everyone at not being able to see it out and the manner in which we are losing goals every week.

11. CountyDownFaithful

Definitely positives for him to take from tonight. He can be pleased with the reaction of the players, they looked more hungry and I thought we were brilliant from start to finish in the first half. It's a good result against tough opposition but I can understand the disappointment given the scoreline at half-time.

There is still some question marks around his game management. Not sure if the plan was to sit back second half (I can sort of understand that if it was) but we really should have got fresh legs on sooner. Ajer going off definitely didn't help.

12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Exactly... their manager brought on players and totally changed the game...Lennon waited until the game had changed to do anything.. AGAIN..

Everyone on the match thread could see it so why cant he?

As you said some people want Lennon so badly they are delighted to get a good 45 minutes..its not acceptable to me 3 months into a season...

First half great second half embarrassing

JamesM09 likes this.
  13. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Watching Dundalk nearly hold Arsenal to 0-0 at half time. They look better organised at the back than us. Panic stations every time we concede a corner.

14. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Just defend set pieces better. Its embarrassing the goals we lose from corners and never have a threat from our own. Even under Rodgers this was a problem. Actually the problem is Kennedy. What does he actually do?

15. JamesM09

This is loser talk mate. This isn’t Deila’s shoestring budget squad. Single half performances and repeating the same mistakes over and over again aren’t good enough.

The game management of the coaches is holding this team back. We’re Celtic and haven’t won in 4 games. Forgive me if I don’t think throwing a 2-0 lead away isn’t praise worthy.

thailandceltic and Skelleto like this.
  16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    No one is doubting the players Neil... its * you...

We have a very talented squad that is being mismanaged...

17. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    This. Well fought from the players, if our tactics were right in the first half or Lille had wrong, hard to tell.

But Lille had enough competent personnel to come back from that, after analysing and completely change the game. It happens over and over, simple to see.

Positive thing is that we do have quality players, and I can’t wait for to see experts getting the best out of them :50:

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

18. Lewis Kerr

Weird game

Good first half, capitulation in the second.

Elyounoussi could've put the game to bed but they hit the bar, missed a penalty etc. I wouldn't call it a good performance by any means.

My opinion on Lenny hasn't changed but it was nice to see us a bit more organised and resolute.

Why are we so unfit?

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  19. joemc

This is exactly the issue , our defence has got worse we have lost many key players injured and moved on and the changes have weakened us for sure , jullien and elhamed would help a lot but I still feel ff was a big loss, and had a big affect on lenny and our defence .

20. JamesM09

We are managed unprofessionally.

Sgt Neppers* and thailandceltic like this.