1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    As I say, either way, both should have been fully self isolating and no training would have taken place for either.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

One literally had the virus, the other did not. There is a very clear distinction.

NL confirmed they had a treadmill sent to Christie's flat

JC Anton likes this.
  3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Interviews are predictable, after we scraped past a few teams this year it’s always the same...”we were brilliant I thought etc...” even after that Ferencvaros game ffs.

I said on here last week I was worried about the game (sat) after our performances so far and was told we were great and would be top of the league if we win our game in hand. Does Lennon and some folk on here actually think we were brilliant so far? Or can they just no admit we have been a shadow of the team since Covid? Time to start fixing the problems before it’s too late.

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    All well and good, I get that side of it as well.

But running on a treadmill and doing some weights doesn't get you match fit...remember this is Neil Lennon who deemed no striker match fit for that champions League game, after months of squad training.

Not saying ones right or wrong in the assessment of Christie or Édouard, but none of it adds up to his usual nonsense he spouts about match fitness.

5. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Peej likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    @TonyTim aye get that as well bud, and honestly would not risk edouard at all.
    But it's the secrecy Lennon claimed he needed to not admit Édouard wouldn't be ready for Saturday, then claims straight away he isn't ready at all for the next two games.

Yet Christie is, even though only back to training for two days.
    I get if edouard got it bad (comments suggest he hasn't but that's not my argument here), but how is he deemed unfit for the next 3 games at least.
    Christie has done two days team training is fit.
    But look back to the summer and guys like klimala working his * off, deemed not fit for the cl game.
    Ajeti deemed not fit for that game after two weeks of squad training.
    Griffith's deemed not fit after being declared fit a week after the France debacle.

Each player is individual, I get that, but none of this actually adds up.

If this was a one off incident of confused information, fine, but it isn't. It's months, and months of contradictory noise from Lennon.

7. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I have avoided commenting until now because I was just to angry to even type. Look the performance was abysmal. Absolutely no getting away from that. And am not going to pretend not to be concerned by the poor start to our season or even Lennon's review of such performances. What we do have to appreciate though is we are missing Julien, Forrest, Christie, Griffith's and Eduoard. All 5 of these are key players for us. Fully fit they may have even all made that starting 11 on Saturday. Missing 5 key players is not a small loss for any club. Yes, Lennon's reaction to these games is sometimes infuriating but he has also had stick for getting ripped right into a bad performance in the past. Personally I prefer when he rips into a pish poor performance but it seems most prefer a softy approach these days, my point being their is probably nothing Lennon could say after that game to make us feel any better about it. We have to trust what he says, we have to trust the quality the 5 missing players have and trust they will make all the difference over the course of the season. Tell you one thing though, the lot of them, not just the 5 mentioned, better be ready to put Saturday right though

8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Not defending NL, but surely it's intuitive that someone who has tested positive for the virus takes longer to recover and has to go through extra 'protocols and tests' before returning, compared to someone who never had the virus and was only isolating as a precaution? I don't see the issue here at all.

His 'match fit' argument is a load of pish. He's contradicted himself so many times already and we're about 3 months into the season

Seán Mac D and Peej like this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye, maybe I've been going a long way around it, but that's my point really.

He's been full of * with his comments and everything contradicts previous actions.

Honestly, I ain't surprised Édouard is out for a bit longer, that's not a doubt of mine at all.
    But weird Lennon claims it was a big secret in the first place, like anyone actually expected him to play against the Huns anyways.

Add that to the sudden Christie is match fit, that flies in the face of guys like klimala who burst his * all summer and was deemed not fit for the champions League game

10. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Comes across as the type of comment Pedro caxinha would com out with after a derby drubbing

Peej likes this.
  11. davidhannah

A few months ago however, we were all raving about the 3-5-2 formation that won the league. I don't think we even lost a game up until Christmas, and rangers pushed us all the way until they collapsed in January. Rangers are a strong rival. It's the players that have to perform to the system that Lennon puts out. He started the ten, he can finish the ten. He better show that he can gee the team up tomorrow for this game. I reckon well get a good result, they need to respond from that pathetic whimper of a performance against the huns.

12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Exactly mate how can tguys like klimala not be match fit for the likes of Motherwell yet Laxalt and Welsh who hadn’t kicked a ball were deemed match fit for A massive debut in a derby match

Peej likes this.
  13. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Going on past knowledge of the players we signed and the impact they’ve made so far, money’s the last thing I ever think about when comes to transfers.

Barkas is being unfairly compared to Forster for a start. He looked quality against us a couple of year ago, he’s made a couple of mistakes but he’ll come good, needs a settled defence in front of him.

Duffy came in under fanfare because he’s an Irish Tim for Derry. He was brought in to add steel to the defence and comes with a decent pedigree, albeit he was bombed out a bit at Brighton. He looks a warrior and dangerous in both boxes, a couple of mistakes aside as well, he’ll be an asset for us.

Ajeti was class for Basle, didn’t get a chance at West Ham, who are notorious for ruining good strikers and is now playing catch up fitness wise. He looks like he’ll be quality once fit, been compared to John Hartson of a few fans.

Laxalt I can’t really comment on, but, he gave a half decent account of himself against the huns, and was showing fight and desire when his team mates, who are supposed to understand the fixture were looking beaten well before the game was over.

I don’t really know how you could call any of them duds.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Free the Adblock likes this.
  14. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

15. MyNameIsMartin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    We have the players that can do the job of winning the league. Absolutely. No problem.

We just don't have the team.

Sydneysider likes this.
  16. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Sorry pal never really meant our new players were duds i meant in general you can pay top dollar for players
    And turn out poor we Celtic fans should know this , we have had our fair share ,the new guys yes Laxalt looked decent and played is heart out Sunday so fair play , Ajeti unfortunate he got an injury so here’s hoping and looks decent.

Barkas and Duffy am just not seeing it ,that might change if we go to a back 4

So in reality the best window and the worst start to a campaign in years means only one thing our management team are a sleep at wheel

Either way needs sorted and time will tell.

Peej, Hammy89 and Doogs. like this.
  17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Your spot on there mate.

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    True but everyone wanted Duffy. His record for Ireland and his reputation at Brighton suggests he's a decent player.

Barkas' stats are really good before he joined us. Too early to rule him out.

I think the consensus is that it was a very good window. Regardless, Lennon has nowhere to hide in that department.

Peej likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

25 minutes of Lenny in Italian

:party22:

20. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

'Neil, hai qualche tabacco da fiuto bro?'