1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    We’d be as well going 442 if we’re looking to play 2 strikers. This 352 with wingbacks is regressive and encouraging us to go sideways and backwards as we don’t have the personnel or management for it.

seanm likes this.
  2. Trequartista

I know we play Milan on Thursday but for me, how we go about our business on Sunday will be the real indication regarding how we try and move on from that absolute disaster on Saturday.

Our record at Pittodrie has been pretty good in recent years and we seem to blow them away first half. They’ll try and boot us up and down the park, especially with McCrorie and Ferguson in the centre. I just hope that Lennon and the players are hurting as much as we all are but I highly doubt it.

If we don’t play or apply ourself in the correct manner and/or drop points then we’re in for a bumpy road. I’d take a * performance if it came with three points but I really want to see some form of system or tactics that make us look like a team and not a group of half-arsed individuals.

seanm likes this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We've hardly played 3-5-2 tho, it's been 3-5-1-1 dying to see Edouard and Ajeti as a pairing and Laxalt could make the difference on that side too.. With a dynamic 3 behind those front two.

Barkas
    Elhamed Duffy Ajer
    Frimpong McGregor Christie Laxalt
    Turnbull
    Ajeti Edouard

4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Personally back of my mind thinks * happened in the back round and he’s maybe been wee bit over handed with a couple of players on pre season and is refusing to back down to save face and possibly annoyed other players really put himself in a bad position I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL

6. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Taylor is murder has been aw season- bhoy Laxalt should be well ahead of him - won’t happen but would like to see turnbull Rogic mcgregor Christie with Griffiths n Eddy up top

Metrobhoy and Lennon1888 like this.
  7. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    An extra centre back in the SPL is regressive for me. Our fullbacks in a back 4 should be very well pushed up at that level anyway. Their fullbacks at the weekend were further forward than ours.

thailandceltic likes this.
  8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Not when it's Ajer and Elhamed both are excellent at coming forward.

9. Lennon1888

Can't believe that guy is even in the team tbh (Taylor) We should have much better.

10. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Time will tell who's the better option. Taylor has been playing out of position. Like your other suggestions.

11. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer enjoys coming forward with the ball as part of a 4 as well though and usually Brown just drops in. Brown won’t be dropped (rightly or wrongly) so I’m incorporating him in my potential team.

I think we ideally swap a CB for a CAM for me.

I’d like to see us line up in the SPL with a 4-3-1-2 when we can get everyone up and running (which should’ve been long before now). With this we have fullbacks with an engine who can keep the width.

Bain

Frimpong
    Duffy
    Ajer
    Laxalt

Christie
    Brown
    McGregor

Rogic

Edouard
    Griffiths

With Turnbull, Ajeti and Elyonoussi coming in as the natural subs.

Fontaine likes this.
  12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A lot of people saying Rodgers got it easy first 2 seasons with a pish ranjurs team that had just came up and probably a lot of truth in that

probably get slated for this but that Huns team, foderingham, Halliday, Tavernier, Jason holt, windass and all, as pish as they were a genuinely think with way we are set up at the moment and way we are playing individually and as a team they would genuinely give us a run for our money at present over 90 minutes

13. Foley1888

Well they beat Delia’s team on penalties the season before they came up an that performance was probably about our worst since that game in terms of showing no heart.

I am pretty confident the Rodgers team of

—————-Gordon
    Lustig—-Jozo—-Eric/Boyata—-Tierney

————-Brown—Armstrong

Forrest/—Rogic/McGregor—Sinclair
    Roberts
    ——————-Dembele

That team playing a high press would have too much for the current Rangers team tactics or not. Tavernier and whoever was in front of him wouldn’t get out their half for a start. Brown and Armstrong at the time would have ran over there midfield and Dembele would have destroyed their CBs. All academic I know but it is scary how much we have regressed. The CB was the only area we really needed improvement in and latterly the GK.

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    When we beat them at ibrox last year we played 4411 and worked a charm because they play quite narrow slippy like to play 3 central mids with hardly any width in his side except Kent

seanm likes this.
  15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    El hamed has sown more creativity than frimpong recently when he’s been playing

seanm likes this.
  16. MyNameIsMartin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    We've seen the last three old firm games where NL looks like he's trapped in a maze. He hasn't got the tactical nous to change the game. SG has. So, as much as I love NL, I love Glasgow Celtic more. NL and his coaching team has to go. I appreciated NL stepping in when Rodgers left, but he was never my first choice. We won the first old firm, Gerrard adapted to a way of playing that appears to be beyond our coaching teams capabilities.

Enough is enough. Yes, we won the league last year but NL and coaches need to leave now, asap. A new coaching team need to be brought in. It's so obvious that it almost looks deliberate.

It works for NL (severance package/pay) and works for us actually having a fighting chance at the 10IAR. If NL is struggling with his mental health I hope he gets the help he deserves and comes back healthy and happy. He's a hall of famer anyway that will never change. He's a Celtic legend.

The quicker we re-engage with a cohesive footballing strategy, the better our chances will become.

But it must happen now.

17. James Gold Member Gold Member

I can't see him starting Griffiths or Ajeti on Thursday he's backed himself in to a corner with his comments.

18. Jeremie Frimpong

What's he been saying now?

19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Cant remember Verbatim but I think he said the reason they didn't start was fitness. Coincidentally the exact same reasoning when we lost to Ferancvaros.

20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Ajeti is understandable. Just back from a hamstring. Definitely an injury we need to be careful about. Griffiths should have started though

Markybhoy likes this.