1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

Of course there problems and it's needed sorted quickly and any player not trying needs to be sold in the January window as these players know how important this season is to the fans .
    I want Lennon to stay on but if it can't be sorted then the board have a decision to make .

2. freitassen

His insistence in players from England is really weird. He was prepared to fork out an absurd sum on Toney, by all extents a league one player, while refusing to give Bayo a chance and taking more time than needed to play Klimala. I think calling it xenophobia without knowing what is actually behind it might be harsh (might even be xenophobia indeed but who knows) but doesn't make any * sense. By the way, when is Soro getting a game?

MattD and ede like this.
  3. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It is so bad now that for the sake of 10IAR He has to go. He has * up so often and the board doesn’t seem to care. He * up in the Champions League qualifying (again) and * up against the huns in every game he’s played them. I really don’t understand why the board still stick with him after so much rubbish.
    Hate his excuses which are not even truthful. He is so deluded and full of *. After Ferencvaros he was spewing all kinds of nonsense and was blaming his players believing he was at no fault. Well that * came around again against the huns. * tactically, no passion and we are so static it scares me. Then in the post match interview he blames the mole and then the players. Again he think he is a tactical genius and the players lost it and not him. For * sake, any decent manager would have put his hand up and said sorry to the fans.

I don’t know how long this can go on. I think if we leave it too late then 10IAR might be out of reach by then. This hun team is no where near as good as ours but they are still probably the best they’ve been since the came back up. What worries me is that they are in form and we are not. If we leave it too late, then the gap could be too big by then.

Aberdeen is now a must win and I don’t trust Lennon to be able to win that game

Smithy and Martybhoy53 like this.
  4. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It is the same as his last spell. He has his favourite and they are always guaranteed a game irrespective of form. So playerd like Brown, McGregor and Forrest will always play. He has little or no grasp as to which is his best eleven. He just play his favs. Then will say the other players are not fit

5. john2061

The difference is we have better players but sevco are better organised on the pitch each player knows what to do and our players are running abou not knowing what the * to do .
    It been said on TV and radio stations on Saturday what was our * game plan on Saturday as I couldn't see one .

6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Lennons a busted flush and anyone that cant see that isnt watching us play or listening to his interviews..

Martybhoy53 likes this.
  7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Sell players in January? This summer was the longest transfer window ever and if we didnt get it right then what chance have we in January...

8. Martybhoy53

Did Cluj, Copenhagen, Ferencvaros have bettter players than us? No. But they had better organization and were better coached. Same on Saturday.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The thing that annoys me the most - quite often we haven't had the personnel available for the system he wants to utilise, he plays players out of position or inexperienced in the role to try and make it work..

Look at the plsyers available and then pick a system that works..

He looks terrified to change it. Which is unacceptable.

He deserves some time to sort it, but we need that reaction quickly.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    With how this season has been so far, I find myself being a cynical * and giving it a high probability that this is merely going through the motions.
    2 hours early is nice, but he needs someone to kick him in the balls as well. He needs to kick the players up the *. He needs to be drilling in to them all what it is he is actually trying to do.
    He needs to see each and every one of them pratically spewing at the side of the pitch because the training was that * brutal.

Alas, I am so far * * off at the * poor and casual nature of this season that I merely reckon they came in at 8am instead of 10am and had their breakfast and a yarn in that time rather than anyone actually * manning up here.

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Agreed. The full coaching set up needs to change when we do replace NL. We've been down this road of putting staff in place for a manager and it doesn't work. Whoever comes in needs to bring in all their own staff.

Unless their name is Lee Congerton.

12. Dazman1988

Fav Celtic Player:
    Cal Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I’ve been a big fan of Lennon (and not just because he was an ex player) due to his record domestically Atleast, which has been impressive on the whole. However, the last 3 performances against the Huns have been nothing short of pathetic which is worrying along with our general performances so far this season. First and foremost we need a settled side. The proof will be in the pudding this next week or so to see what sort of reaction we give after the shambles at the weekend, that will confirm whether or not the players are playing for the manager or not, and if we get a couple of decent performances - hopefully it will lift our spirits as I’m scunnered at the moment to be honest, and I’m normally a pretty balanced guy all things considered but that performance at the weekend was worrying.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Spot on..

He could easily have played a more convincing side just by changing formation..

Barkas

Frimpong
    Duffy
    Ajer
    Laxalt

Broony
    Turnbull (someone extremely comfortable next to Broony)

Mo (played on the right and across the 3 before)
    Ntcham
    McGregor (played left before)

Griff (for a half at least)

That change from a 3 at the back means we don't throw a kid in at the back. Aren't expecting our wingbacks to do it all alone on the wing's and be outnumbered both way's. Our midfield has a bit more to it in term's of player's comfortable enough in their position's. A nuisance and threat up top..

It's time we changed a few thing's and also get some other player's coming in to the fold more. Soro. Turnbull. Connell. Rogic as well as the new boys and injured boys getting up to match speed..

packybhoy and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

As soon as I seen the team, I would have taken a draw.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I never want to see player's shoehorned in again..

This 2 up that isn't a 2 up at all but a winger playing off.....nah. It doesn't work..

16. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Its not really tho. Lennon was appointed on account of his previous successes with the club.

Deila had no connection with the club.
    You would have no issue with his links to the club if we were top and had beaten them.
    Trying a bit too hard to find something that isnt there.

17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Lennon doesnt have control of the transfers. Toney was a decent target and he has been scoring for Brentford.
    You have to trust what they are seeing day in and day out in training.

freitassen likes this.
  18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Yawn mate. Away and take your heid for a *.

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The more you analyse it the worse it gets...

We're in a precarious situation in that he's clearly not the man to take us forward in the future, but if we do manage to get over the line and secure the 10, how do you get rid of a manager whos secured the 10...

But, it's some gamble getting in a new boss at this stage of the season..

Needs a big reaction, quickly

20. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Would have to be a Rodgers like appointment. Massive name for it not to be a terrifying prospect.
    Note: though it would only be terrifying because it means so much this season. Not even a top level gaffer just decent would be able to do the job on paper. We have it all there. We have the best and biggest squad by miles.

CountyDownFaithful, JC Anton and ede like this.