1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I don't think we will be expected to beat Milan, but the performance will be looked at, if there's no fight or conviction then the * will hit the fan big time.

2. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    I will trust and back our manager till the end, game couldn’t have came at a worse time for us with players coming back from injuries and Covid. I would pretty much play a second string against Milan, and get as many of our big players on the park against Aberdeen at the weekend.

Mon Lenny

3. Bonobhoy

Acting like * Huns in here over the last 24 hours,shame on some of you.

Yes we in a bad place ,Yes Lennon has to blame,and Yes Lenny has caused the main issues.....but to treat him and talk about him like this is a * disgrace.

Talking about his mental health,posting pics of him and taking the * and false stories is something i would never expect to see in this thread about him.

This guy bleeds this club,has went through * and back for us and this is how its ending for him.Yes im a fan of Lenny,and again i will critisize him for this mess but to treat him like this * sickening,same goes for the * on twitter etc.

His time might have came to an end here but how sad it is to see him getting this kind of treatment from our own.

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Havnt seen any of that on here to be honest

Noskeil likes this.
  5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Not seen any of that either tbh and not sure many would allow it to be published in this forum.

I was a big advocator for NL when he was reappointed, but yesterday being the third or fourth spiritless performance in a big game, was the game that made me lose faith. I think his time is up and its sad and infuriating to see us going out in games like this without a whimper. Indefensible.

Mickmac, gazb1888 and Noskeil like this.
  6. Bonobhoy

Im infuriated about yestersday the same as many others,and i dont know if i want him to persue this like many others also,but the treatment of him is way out out of line

7. CountyDownFaithful

If there’s no improvement in the next 3 games (Europe included) in terms of performances and style of play then it’s time to go.

A serious amount of work needs to be done on the training ground to save his job.

Really hope he does turn it around but I’d like to think there is someone in the Boardroom preparing for change if it doesn’t.

I absolutely love Lennon for the legend that he is but there is no place for sentimentality when it comes to football. It’s a cut-throat business and a club like Celtic need to be prepared to make difficult decisions in tough circumstances.

8. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Said it before but the next two games are massive for him, I dont really expect us to beat Milan, but I at least want a competent performance, and we need a convincing win against the sheep.

9. Bonobhoy

Couldnt give a * about the European games tbh,and the Rat in charge would possibly loose to Milan,Lille and co....wonder if Lenny looses to them how he gets it in the neck and if it would be the same.

As for the League games,hes under more scrutiny and we need to win these now. Thats the games he is under pressure from

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What were you expecting? Everyone out buying bouquets of flower's fucksake..

Emotions will be running high. We've just been pumped easy again at our own ground back to back with no shot on target and arguably our most pathetic display in year's with no fight or fuckall...mainly from him on the bench..

Of course he's gonna get slaughtered..

11. Mr Hoopy

The manner of the defeat was an utter embarrassment. We were awful and it's not the first time we have been been outfought and outplayed by them under Lennon. To not even have a shot on target is humiliating. I expect our manager more than most as a former Celtic player and Captain to show some passion, urgency and fight from the dugout. As a player he would have dished that out on the pitch. Serious questions need to be asked of our Lenny - of course we all l9ve the guy to bits but this is one of the most important seasons in our history and so far we are making a * of it...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    ddub11 and thailandceltic like this.
  12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If we had created a number of chances against the huns then there would at least be room for some optimism, hard to draw any positives from that display.

13. oh bhoy

Almost every manager he has come up against this season have had his number . the opening game of the season aside we have been stifled every game we have played individual quality has pulled us out of the hole every time.

Mickmac likes this.
  14. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Has to go, yesterday wasn’t out of the blue and the players don’t look like they are playing for him.

The football is absolutely dross, playing 352 for almost the entirety of the match when it wasn’t working was *.

A few last minute winners have really papered over the cracks this year, it’s been turgid stuff really bar the second half of the Ross County game and the Hibs match.

Ive had enough of the bizarre team selections, square pegs in round holes, ludicrous statements and garbage football.

15. Lewis Kerr

And so he should be. Imagine this was Ronny Deila? He got an awfully hard time now come to think of it. Sutton especially was a * to him pretty much the whole time he was here.

16. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Ye canny say anything bad about lennon to some people though

Valhalla likes this.
  17. Jeremie Frimpong

Rodgers was slaughtered for poor performances in Europe. You can peddle the line that everyone is out to get Lennon all you want, but it is bollocks.

18. truedub1916

Now I’ve calmed down a little from yesterday
    And I’m not defending how poor/lacklustre we were
    But,
    If you think we were without
    Jillian
    Elhamed
    Bitton
    Christie
    Johnson
    Forest
    Eduard

if the same was to have happened to them
    And they lost the equivalent to them say
    Goldson
    Taveniere
    Kamara
    Arfield
    Barker
    Kent
    Morales

then would we have to expected to hammer them

19. Aidan O’Shea

Lennon is bad imo

20. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Lennon and the squad are going through a bad patch, but you just have to look across Europe and see there is no top team playing at their best.

To call for him to be sacked due to a slow start is madness in my eyes.

If things haven’t improved by January then I’ll start worrying.

Lenny let’s himself down sometimes when he speaks to the media and that usually creates the headlines. I’m sure he will have the squad right up for the game Thursday. I’ve no doubt the team are still behind him.
    The fact Duffy had to mention the abuse he and other players received after the game says it all.
    Until Lennon doesn’t have the highest win % of all our managers I’ll not dwell too much on a loss against the Huns.

we need to improve, but that’s not just down to Lennon, the team in general have been more disappointing to me than just Lennon. They should all be judged rather than hanging one person out to dry