1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    We shall see,as a certain great character in Kelly's Heroes said "Less of those negative waves":60:

2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    So it wasnt their best. Which it wasnt.
    Morelos isnt in his best form, kent wasnt up to much, aribo started the season on good form until injury, helander isnt even really established in that team yet as they have been switching between him and Balogun because Katic is out, Kamara was a Juventus level player then getting panned by their fans and now he is a worldie again.
    They wernt near their best. They didnt have to be.

3. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Tweet going round saying hes away. Assume its a fake

4. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Hope its not

5. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I will literally never forgive Lennon if we don't win the league. After the business in the window, there are literally no excuses.

Gully Sands likes this.
  6. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Agreed. His interviews,team selection and demeanor are terrible now. I literally cant bare to even look at him just now. Hes is * this up monumentally

Gully Sands likes this.
  7. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Don't necessarily want him gone, just want us to stop making a * of it Vs teams we should be beating handily.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Desperate much.

9. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Oor tommy gets the backing

10. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    In Tommy we trust

11. Foley1888

Sorry if my post read like I was blaming Griff as I wasn’t, he should have started yesterday 100%.

What I was saying is Celtic had to rely on him to come in and pull us out a hole last year as the attempts to bring in players to improve us failed back then.

There was no guarantee at that point Griff would do that and as such we took a massive gamble. I am definitely not blaming Griffiths for yesterday quite the opposite.

freitassen likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We can but dream.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Lenny is here for life.

Welcome to the LennyParty

14. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    The bit that didn't fool me is the backroom staff leaving cause Kennedy is going nowhere:34:

15. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Trying to take emotion out of this and it’s pretty simple. Man for man, when you compare our squad to theirs, 90% of our squad are better. So we have the resources. There’s an expectation that the players give everything, every game so I think they should all be looking at themselves after yesterday and ask themselves if they did. Not convinced many would say they did. That said, having the resources is one thing but unless they are utilised correctly and without proper planning it doesn’t matter how good they are. That’s where Lennon comes in. His job is to take the resources he has, blend them to get the most out of them and have a defined game plan where everyone knows their role and there’s a clear understanding of who does what and when. That was glaringly absent yesterday. There was no plan, we had players in positions that don’t get the best out of them, so he got it wrong. These things happen on occasion, but the real concern here is that it’s happening repeatedly with no lessons learned. So is he capable of adapting? I’m not sure. This is a real turning point where he either stops picking players because of reputation or familiarity, picks a formation that suits what we have best and stick to it, or we are going to struggle for the rest of the season. I still can’t get my head around the fact we are a quarter of the season in and we don’t have a settled starting 11, formation or game plan.

Brian Dunphy likes this.
  16. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Great post

17. CarmunnockBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Lawwell loves Lenny like a son theres nae danger he going anywhere right now or be it sacked.

Nor is Kennedy as the board still have the sympathy vote out.

Lump it, he's here until the EOTS, minimum.

18. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Lennyball !

19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Lennon is going nowhere. He will leave or be replaced at the end of the season because of his failures in CL qualifying and for this current slump and lack of motivation and interest if his body language has anything to go by. One thing is definite this season and with 10 in a Row paramount to our success, then every player and member of coaching staff needs to sort out any issues behind the scenes or put them on Ice for this season. We bleed for those guys pulling on the shirt. We protect them as our own but one thing we can't accept is mediocrity or infighting because its the shirt and us fans who will pay for it. If you don't want to be here to play a part in this clubs history then GTF. Go tell your captain or manager that you don't want to play and then do the decent thing and defer your big pay packets. We are hurting here and really nervous that you are going to blow this for us. Might not make the slightest difference to you when you are pulling on your new Burnley, Brighton, Leeds or Southampton jerseys but remember the fans you left behind and remember how much of an imposter you are when EPL riches are your career goal. We will back this team to the heavens and back again but we want bhoys who want to wear the hoops with pride. You are keeping young lads out of the team who currently deserve a place more than you. Get this slate wiped clean and win the game in hand and show us passion and the ability we know you have. In this together Celtic.

20. James Gold Member Gold Member

Do you think if we get beat convincingly on Thursday that could be the final nail in the coffin ?