1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not sure we’ll collapse, but I can see us dropping more points in the near future. Yes we were unbeaten until yesterday, but we could barely have asked for a better set of fixtures so far. Let’s be honest.

Yet to play Aberdeen, home games against Hibs, Motherwell and Rangers. Not played away at Livi where we continually struggle.

Our biggest tests domestically thus far have been yesterday, Hibs at home (to an extent) and away at Killie. 4 points from 9 in those games.

2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Theres always a chance it happens, just as there’s a chance that we go on an unbeaten run from now until the season ends, or that we collapse entirely with the league being effectively over by Christmas.

We should never be counting on these freak occurrences though, particularly when there’s no evidence that an outcome is likely to occur. The idea that something is likely to happen again just because it’s happened before is flawed.

trackebhoy and seanm like this.
  3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

These players in this situation doesn’t. Played the same way we’ve played all season with the missing players.

seanm likes this.
  4. StevieBhoooy!

They ‘imploded’ (or lost form) after the winter breaks which obviously (plus whatever factors) affected their consistency to that point...

There is no winter break this season .... something which - just like not having fans - will be a positive for them.

seanm likes this.
  5. joemc

I'm not saying anything like wot u have read it to be , I'm saying that move worked out and was proved the year after , so in effect it was the answer to rodgers leaving .
    Rangers have got better under gerrard , they are playing well in Europe and playing the same style against us and its working , but when they come up against a much better team in Europe they got battered
    We have sold or lost our better players and replaced with players not at the same level , our main threats wer not playing and many players we used are new to the Derby , no fans either , so many reasons, maybe some players can't take direct criticism wen playing bad , something maybe br would not do .
    But the big issue is we defended poorly and have for a while , and simply put if you are chasing the game its much much harder .

seanm likes this.
  6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Normally after a we lose a game the scatter gun comes out and the players get it, but it's no surprise to anyone that all the focus is on Lenny, the same as it was after our CL exit.

Might be madness changing our manager at this point, but i think it's a risk we should take, because much as it pains me to say it, Lenny looks a beaten man.

7. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Fair point yeah, we haven’t been good enough even with them this season for whatever reason. But put Christie and Eddy even close to full form in our team yesterday and it would change the whole dynamic.

There’s a lot of talk about tactics, shape, formations etc but I really think Lennon’s biggest task is as simple as getting those two firing again. It will make a massive difference.

bagforlife likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Further to my point there to Philly, I think that’s what makes it all the worse. When the fixtures were released a few months back, I thought we had a great start whereas the huns would struggle.

In their first 11 games they had away games to us, Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Livi. Whereas our toughest away games in that period were Killie and Aberdeen (yet to play).

We’ve had quite an easy run of it, fixtures wise, and still find ourselves behind.

9. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If we continue playing the way we are then I’d say you’re probably right tbf. Next few weeks are crucial.

seanm likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No one knows..

We don't press well or at all
    We have no real drilled patterns of play
    We aren't defensively compact as a unit

I saw so many aimless long ball's yesterday it was frightening. Devoid of idea's..

There's nothing in our play where you can see we're being drilled at on the training ground..

So much talent and quality no being utilised correctly..

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Even if the huns were to drop points, they know that slippy has the measure of lenny anyway, i'd say the way we're playing we are more likely to drop points than the huns.

12. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Dont necessarily disagree, however who do we get?

I'm guessing were looking at jack ross, Alex neil type manager rather than another Brendan Rodgers type.

Would that be enough to turn it round!

seanm likes this.
  13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Also if you are playing 3 at the back you need three exceptionally good footballers.. Ajer, Duffy and Welsh couldn't pass wind...

In 3 months we have played well twice. Hibs and Hamilton..

Sentiment my * too. Lennon had no problem leaving last time to go south. And he didnt step in to save us after Rodgers, league was won and hed just been sacked by Hibs..

If lennon starts with 3-6-1 against Milan he should be sacked before he gets up the tunnel.

The_Bhoy and seanm like this.
  14. leeso-ardoyne

Is that right, go over this thread since after the game. Our mood and mindset is rock bottom! We've been playing * terrible all season and for me, Lenny is one loss away from the boot and deservedly so. Weve all invested in our teams these last few years and deserve better. We should be strolling this league again this year but somehow the players just can't seem to put in the performances we deserve.

seanm likes this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I honestly don't know mate, but if it aint working with Lenny then we'll have to do something, no disrespect tae Lenny but i don't believe for a minute he's the best we can do as manager.

Sgt Neppers*, seanm and Peej like this.
  16. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I’ve defended Lennon all the way through but as * as the result was, looking at it in the cold light of day, my biggest concern is the absolute lack of a game plan. Can anyone tell me what we were trying to do yesterday? Our 3 CBs had the most touches in the game, so the usual aimless pedestrian passing at the back. We don’t really press from what I’ve seen, we don’t have any patterns of play. We seem to be waiting for teams to make mistakes rather than impose ourselves on games. At this point in the season, I would have expected a concrete game plan, style and lineup but I don’t think we have any of that.

Stevie6767, seanm and The67Sound like this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Sleeping on it has made it even worse for me. Sick of feeling this way after such massive games.

Sgt Neppers*, charlietully and seanm like this.
  18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Yeah I was gonna say it makes you wonder what is happening on the training ground on a weekly basis.

seanm and McChiellini.. like this.
  19. Maestro 08

Their midfield players and full backs were able to collect balls from their own half and run 30 plus yards in to our half unopposed.

Tavernier collected a pass in his own half strolled forward, not kidding 50 yards and pumped a cross in to our box near enough on the edge of our box, not one tackle or Celtic player pressuring him up the pitch. Frimpong gets the ball and he had 3 men pining him in. Happened all over the park. Wee one/two's by them and no one tracking runners. Their 2nd goal...two wee wall passes an we are split open as if they were playing against amateurs. Absolutely infuriating.

20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail