1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KEANO1

Lennon has 3 games to prove himself.
    Thursday against Milan, Aberdeen with the game in hand and the semi final.

Something isn’t right with the team, everyone can see it. Yesterday’s result wasn’t a surprise to many of us, it was coming.

If he was to go, I don’t think the names of Eddie Howe are going to change our fortunes. He got Bournemouth relegated after spending a fortune on mediocre players.

2. Aidan O’Shea

Compared to Lennon he is. He also seems to have learnt from some proper football men behind him in the staff.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We’ve a dressing room filled with winners on the cusp of a quadruple treble, the dressing room will be fine.

bagforlife likes this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Our performances have been poor all season with the exception of a couple of games, yes we had some players missing yesterday, but there's a much bigger picture here, a blind man can see that we're sleepwalking into a disaster of a season if we continue like this.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He’s really not..:56:

bagforlife likes this.
  6. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    They didn't look like winners yesterday. Time to wake up. They cant kick their own arses just now

7. Maestro 08

Griff and Ajeti even if not at peak fitness should be able to give the team 60mins of hard graft with the knowledge they are coming off. They are professional footballers not as if they've been sitting on the sofa for weeks doing * all!

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

His win % is marginally lower than Walter Smith’s in his second spell. It’s only lower than Warburton and McCoist because they were managing in the lower tiers. So that argument is ridiculous.

They turned up yesterday and we didn’t. Is that also what happened in the previous two games against them as well then? What an unlikely coincidence.

People really need to take the blinkers off. It’s mental. If his name was Ronny Deila or Tony Mowbray, not a single fan would be blindly backing him.

9. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Sadly, he doesn't even need to be close to that just now mate. I'm clutching at anything this morning.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Gave him it stinking last night when pished bit too far but im disgusted with him still..

Utterly disgusted with how he's had us playing all season. His lack of idea's. His failure to react to situations when it's glaringly obvious it needs changing pronto..

I watched them play wee flicks round corners in midfield all day yesterday and that isn't luck. That's drilled and taking up position's. Kamara ripped the absolute * out of us in the middle. Said to my uncle that every loose ball was collected by them....again that isn't luck when it's happening constantly...it's reacting quicker/smelling danger..

Our tempo yet again was a disgrace. Our pressing is non existent and diabolical when attempted. Defensively we're wipe open. We're creating fuckall going forward. We lack creativity and real pace throughout the side. Zero tempo. So many aimless long ball's are the norm now..

You could go on all day but he couldn't even get us up for that game yesterday. The underdog. The siege mentality. You'd think he would've got us together and going again but nope....it was a horror show..

Unfathomable that he made zero change at half time. Done the same against Ferencvaros. Waited until we we went behind again and yesterday it took til they scored and went 2 up for a reaction..

This is really amateurish stuff by the way..

We don't know our best 11 whatsoever. We haven't got a clue what our best formation is or how to deploy it..

On a weekly basis you could probably pick the huns best 11 or very close to it. We haven't got a clue what's coming game by game. Usually head scratchers in all the comment's on here or twitter..

Looks so out his depth on the touchline. A heavy reliance on Kennedy to come up with answers usually..

The player's don't look like they're fighting for him at all. It's concerning..

11. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Fair point mate, but what makes this so complicated is that the squad that Lennon has inherited requires a tactical manager suited for possession football, like Rodgers was.

Actually crazy how the board offered him the job as it’s like playing a striker at central defence, because the player is a player after all.

Its as crazy as it is to let a Ronny Deila inherit a squad of defensively minded players.

Lenny took the gamble and it’s clear to see that he is trying to play high press, but that’s due to the fact he is well aware that it’s the only choice he has at his disposal

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Giving Lenny the gig full time was a retrograde step by the club, an appointment that lacked ambition and it was lazy, the Board were slavering at the chops at the prospect of the cheap option, a guy they knew would be so greatful for the job, it suited them at the time.

13. JamesM09

I agree people need to take the blinkers off. That yesterday was as bad as a 5-0.

We were losing within 10 minutes and still couldn’t make a single shot on target the whole game. At home. In a derby.

Did you ever think you would see that? Seriously?

If they needed to win that 5-0 they would have. They took it easy and played conservatively so we didn’t make any drastic changes.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

No blinkers from me, I didn't want Lenny as manager but any manager deserves a bit of patience.

Hes won everything since he came back in.

So, he deserves a bit of time. The recruitment has been good and we haven't lost any of our big hitters.

There's been some worrying performances and selections especially in Europe but we've lost one league game and haven't really clicked yet this season.

Calls for his head are premature, but not surprising from those who haven't given him a chance in the first place.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

How much time? Do we wait until we lose another couple of league games and then pray that the huns implode again?

The recruitment certainly looked good on paper but we’ve yet to see it translate on to the pitch. Barkas has been iffy, at best, Duffy has been poor and Turnbull can’t get a kick of the ball.

They’re not premature in the slightest. Again, it’s blinkered pish. He’s been tactically poor and our team has been completely outplayed in the last 3 games against the apparent * Rangers side. He’s had 3 real tests in 2020 - Copenhagen tie, Ferencvaros and yesterday. Failed miserably in all three.

Like I said, he’s getting away with it because of who he is. Because he’s showing absolutely nothing that makes me think he can turn it around. If anything, I think it’s more likely the situation gets worse.

16. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    It's not premature mate. We are * rubbish. The football is turgid this season. Should have went after the Christie debacle against the hungarians. His interviews and team selection is bonkers

17. Jeremie Frimpong

Past successes count for little this season. Rangers had won 17 major honours in the nine seasons before the 1997-98 season. I am sure that their fans would have said much the same thing back then.

As @The Prof says, we are sleepwalking into disaster.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Twisty and The Prof like this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We laugh at Gerrard when he throws his players under the bus, rightly so.
    However, we need to wake up to Lennon being just as laughable.

So far this season he has blamed the leaked team sheets, no fans, covid, the lockdown, players not being match fit. Never takes the blame himself.

The_Bhoy and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  19. Jeremie Frimpong

That is the first time that we have lost back-to-back derby games at home since 1994...

Sgt Neppers* and Officer Doofy like this.
  20. Aidan O’Shea

If he wasn’t Irish, people wouldn’t be backing him. Unpopular, but true.

thailandceltic likes this.