1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. green-yin

You know what baffles me? When lenny came in he talked about us getting the ball forward and into dangerous areas much quicker, and for a while we did. * happened to that? The football is so slow and pedestrian.

2. limezer

Totally agree with this, Lennon should have been able to bring his back room staff in.
    But he has allowed that to happen, maybe it’s coincidence but we have played poorly since Duff left and Strachan came in.

3. Belgian_lad

I still think he would be able to do it for a month or 8. Till the end of the season. Build up the team have some strojg team with him. However he is a very loyal man. Dont think we would do that to Lenny.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We have plenty of players who “get” Celtic. Brown, McGregor, Forrest, Jullien, Ajer, Duffy. I don’t believe they’re not trying.

Some players need a rocket up their *, and it’s the job of Lennon to provide that rocket. If we can all see that Ntcham is bringing nothing to the table, then why is he still starting games? We have enough options in midfield.

5. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I said it at the time and I will say it again. If you go for the cheap option you will get cheap solutions. At the time he took over as caretakers manager he was drawing every other game. He got appointed on the back of the cup final win. Didn't want him to come in then and I still don't want him here now.

6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I've been wondering this for a while. That style of play made a huge difference to us when Lennon first arrived but has now completely gone.

7. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    The 3-5-2 from the winter break to this is quite baffling. I just dont know what is going on

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    At the end of last season Lenny should've been thanked for his services, the Board should've been doing their job properly and seeking out the best calibre of manager we could get.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yeah the difference in our play is criminal.

Can probably put it down to a few factors. Taylor provides zero pace down the left of the team. Brown in the midfield slows everything down on and off the ball. McGregor has been covering for two players in there which restricts his game. The team is constantly chopping and changing. He’s not giving players who deserve a shot any time on the pitch.

Just a few reasons. Probably missing out some other obvious ones.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  10. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    A genuine question mate - Who do you believe has the better tactical knowledge of possession/attacking style football, Lenny or Gerard?

Not saying he’s a good manager, but He have the players suitable to his style, and have had time to build it up to this point.

Lennon has by far the better squad, but the players is the exact opposite in style to what Lennon had in his first stint here.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

11. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    He should go or be sacked. How can you defend him?

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, so nothing.

All this ‘intelligence stuff’ and they’ve won * all..

We’ve got some issues to sort out no doubt but Gerrard isn’t some sort of master technician..

bagforlife likes this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We can look at individual players but the buck stops with the manager, Lenny looks to be incapable of motivating this group of players, that has to be a concern.

If DD wasn't happy with the CL exit i wouldn't imagine he would be happy with yeterdays horror show.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We’ve lost on league game, win our game in hand and it’s only a point, very early in the season..

We had Edouard, Christie, Forrest, Elhamed, Bitton all out with Ajeti and Griff not fully fit, wonder how their squad would have coped with that..

15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Lenny is making him look like Pep ffs lol.

Twisty and Officer Doofy like this.
  16. CountyDownFaithful

Yesterday’s result and performance was coming for weeks.

Lennon’s inconsistency with with formation as well as selection has massively hindered us. Even when we’ve played 3-5-2 he’s no played 2 strikers up front.

Yes we were missing X Y and Z but if we had a set formation and style of play which was worked on week in, week out then the players stepping in would have had a much better chance.

I’d say Lennon wants his teams to play quick, direct, attacking football but I’m seeing the complete opposite. I’m seeing a team devoid of ideas, slow passing, rigid, pragmatic.

His deluded comments following our poor performances haven’t helped. He should have been coming out and slating the performances but he can’t because he won’t get it away with it after his comments post Ferenvarcos.

Mickmac and The Prof like this.
  17. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Understand what you are saying but I feel even if we had those players it would have still been a shitshow. Hes lost the dressing room and the players couldnt give a *

18. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Yep, sums it all up. Then he defended Griff and Ajeti not playing by saying there was no way they were fit. Yet Laxalt started, not having played since June. Utter nonsense!!

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Gerard has won nothing with a win % lower than other managers who’ve been sacked by the Huns...

He has a shape that’s quite effective and they turned up and we didn’t yesterday as simple as that.

Lenny deserves the criticism, absolutely..

But calls for his head are premature and replacing him now would be an unnecessary gamble, we’ve got work to do but our recruitment has been good and the squad is good..

It’s raw just now but we had a lot of players missing and 5 derby debutants and it showed.

bagforlife and joemc like this.
  20. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    Lenny is from an era when team talks and dressing room atmosphere was enough to do well, the games moved on dramatically in the last decade in terms of systems and tactics, and he's clearly miles off it. Plus the players don't even look motivated or fighting for each other, so i'm no seeing this light at the end of the tunnel with lenny that some are.

We've lost one league game aye, but been totally unconvincing. Even the Hamilton and Ross county games where we put 5 past them. we looked ropey as *, especially at the back. And in europe its been shown even the poorest of sides with a game plan can stiffle us. I'm never going to turn on lenny as a man, but his times up for me as a manager, he's been relying on the quality of the squad to deliver in games to this point.

Sydneysider likes this.