1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    You said if we can get our * together. Weve been saying that for 3 months.

Lennon isnt learning from his mistakes. It's not my job to suggest solutions. But what we have currently isnt working.

Gerrard has his number. That was the worst performance at home from a celtic side in a derby game I can recall.

"If we can get our * together" is as good as saying if it can come good. We have a tough run of fixtures coming up.

I'm not particularly having a go at you, I'm just saying these are things we have been saying for months and we havent seen ANY improvement at all.

King of Kings likes this.
  3. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Lenny knew which players would be out today. He had a week to prepare the team for that game. The performance was totally unacceptable. Probably the worst game v the huns I’ve ever seen.
    To watch him just sitting there looking completely calm made me sick tbh. * has happened to him?

lespaul and Rendog like this.
  4. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think times have changed since Lenny was a player. Trying to get the likes of Ntcham to understand how much it means to beat the huns and win 10 in a row looks like an impossible task when you consider the way Ntcham wanders around pitch without care in the world trying to decide whether he is actually going to bother his * to put in a performance or not.

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Lennon comes out and says players arent wanting to play for the club after the CL knockout, that team was;
    Barkas, Elhamed, Julien, Ajer, Taylor, Brown, McGregor, Christie, Ely, Forrest, Ajeti, Ntcham, Frimpong.

Why is it, 2 months later we are still playing the vast majority of these players? In fact all of them still play weekly, minus the ones out for Covid reasons and an injury.

I asked this a month ago, but seriously, who was he meaning in those comments? The safe option is Ajer and Ntcham, maybe Christie and Edouard (who did not play). So why are these players still playing to this very day?
    What * signal does that send out?
    To the players who hinted to, does that tell them they are undroppable regardless what they do or the effort they put in? What sort of motivation is that?
    To the rest of the squad, what does that say to them? That no matter what Lennon is gonna just play people for the sake of it and that passion, desire and hunger to be here means for * all? What sort of motivation is that to those players?

He was either full of * after the CL game, or he is full of * since then and till this day!
    And either way, he has not got control over that squad or able to motivate them at all.

The issue here is Lennon.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Then the manager should have the balls not to play him and instead get guys like Turnbull in the side.
    It's extremely * poor man management from Lennon in this regards.

We all know Ntcham can be a talent, but we all know fine well he never tries his * for us anymore, so stop * playing him.

I'd rather get beat playing younger lads who want to make a name for themselves and do well for the club, than guys like Ntcham coast around doing * all.

Keano88 and Britwell bhoy like this.
  7. Pearse67*

Said the same thing to my da, this was the worst ive seen celtic versus them *.

Mr Shelby and Cringer67 like this.
  8. Cringer67

Yes , but I still dont get your point? I made the point that the Huns are , for the first time in ten years, favourites to win the league. I dont care if you have pointed out, quite correctly, that the pricing is skewed a little. The fact That they are now favourites should be a massive wake up call to everyone involved at our club. I still, genuinely, don’t get what point you are trying to make

9. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    he's playing to rigid a system, this 3 at the back isn't working and you can see how uncomfortable the players are.
    our midfield players are reluctant to push to far forward incase it leaves us exposed at the back and that in turn leaves our attackers very little support.
    he'll need to change this set up quickly, or the club will be forced to change him.
    in one of our most important seasons in our history, this isn't a time for experiments.

Connolly08 likes this.
  10. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    So whats your solution?

11. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    When have they shown bottle this season

12. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Personally I would have also played Turnbull instead of Ntcham. Ntcham cant be trusted to put in shift, which is the very least he should be doing.

lennon11 and Peej like this.
  13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    That’s why I’m not really understanding the close for optimism among some. I’m not going to slate them, because my gut tells me will will eventually start playing better, but it’s hardly backed by any evidence whatsoever.

We’re not playing any better than we were a month ago. There’s nothing to say we’ll be playing any better a month from now.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  14. oh bhoy

Bottle!! where's the bottle in playing in playing 6 midfielders at home ,he shat it in the champions league qualifiers too with no * strikers in fact any big game we play he does something * ridiculous

15. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I agree his tacticts are awful but i would still want the players i did send out not to bottle eveey fkn challenge

oh bhoy likes this.
  16. DonnyCelt

Said we created numerous chances, which was absolutely bullshit considering we didn't register a single shot on target and no clear cut chances other than the one Moi missed

stew37 and Britwell bhoy like this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

What’s that meant to mean.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t blame Lenny for today.

19. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Its like Rio defending Ole. You can only try and convince the fans for so long.
    That was farcical today, no getting away from it. If he is a winner, how has he allowed that to happen again? Meaningless words.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Pretty much hard to disagree.