1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s a nothing statement. “Born winner”. He’s lost a lot of games and titles too. He can motivate the players all he wants, if he doesn’t pick the correct team or set the team up correctly then it doesn’t matter.

It’s not one result. There’s 3 instances of this in the last year.

Happens all the time.

2. SuperZidane

Yep - I was annoyed at the result but much more annoyed when I saw that interview. He has always had a tendency to throw players under the bus but that was a disgrace - a blatant attempt to cover up his own tactical balls up. Nothing is ever his fault.

I wouldn't fault any of the players for their effort - it was because the formation and tactics were ****. If some of them did consider moving on rather than have their professionalism questioned, I wouldn't be angry at them - it's on Lennon for making those comments.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I can’t get over the fact we never started a striker.

In 30 years I’ll be sitting in silence, staring into space and my Mrs will ask what I’m thinking about. I’ll say nothing, but I’ll be thinking about that.

4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    EPL fanboy. :56:

5. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Agreed and I believe in the press conference he took responsibility!

6. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Realistically with the money we've had pouring in compared with that lot we should be light years ahead, in terms of our squad we still are but at the moment that's not translating into performances or results.

For such a big season I'd hoped the brake would have been taken off on spending, so far I'm not happy with what's been brought in but I will pass judgement until the window closes

7. jambo_cfc

Question for everyone, who do you bring in ?

i for one think change is better sooner rather than later , think we look so much better 352 and even racent games we have looked better when we have switched to that , how lennon cant see that is beyond me !!

8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Ferencvaros played us like a fiddle last night and deserve all the credit. They had obviously watched our inept displays at Killie and United as they dropped back with two lines of defence when we were trying to attack. To try that with no strikers was suicide. We done ourselves and sold the fans short again. The Hungarians were very well organised and left us with no ideas. We allowed a team to come to Celtic Pk and play basic break out tactics and we couldn’t handle it. It’s a * disgrace that we appear to be so naive at the minute.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Valhalla and thailandceltic like this.
  9. fourleafclover

In hindsight he should never of been given the full time gig. We helped him out after getting punted from hibs and he helped us after rodgers leaving us high and dry.
    So we didnt owe him anything. Even more so when you consider some of the real disappointing performances - sevco at home wi 10 men , ibrox away etc.

We had the perfect opportunity to say thanks very much and go and hire a young modern football manager that would continue to progress the club in the same way that rodgers had.

It now feels like we a returning to the days under ronny at an alarming rate.

Was first worried when i heard lennon in an interview after recently taking over from rodgers say that alot had changed behind the scenes since the last time he had been at the club. Sports science, analysis etc and we would need to get used to it. Found this very worrying

Also not that its our biggest problem at the current point in time but i also worry about replacing duff with strachan as first team coach.
    I am aware that you dont need to be a great player to be a great coach.
    However strachan never played anywhere near the level our club is at and more importantly he has never coached anywhere near that level either.
    Duff on the other hand spent the majority of his career at the level. He knew what was required.

Tactics decisions and subs last night were baffling. Lennon needs to take the blame for it. However his assistant and coaches need to take some aswell.
    If nobody around him can convince him that what was served up last night was wrong or wasnt going to work then we are in a bad place.
    Every fan watching that could see it before , during and after.

Somthing major will need to change one way or the other .

ladbroke8 and Lewis Kerr like this.
  10. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    His remit will now be :
    Stability , keep his best assets happy.
    Qualify for Europa
    Start a run in the league

He's made it difficult for himself.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  11. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    And another thing, Rodgers may have been self serving but we know he left as a middle finger to the board due to the fact he was challenging lawell more often than he should. Mcginn saga for one.

Lennon doesn't challenge the board as he plays it safe.

Venomspawn82 likes this.
  12. mayo

I’ll be straight back shoving this right down your throat when Lennon lifts the ten and your still wanking into a sock

13. freitassen

This is not a clear suggestion but the guy from Cluj, who handed Lennon's * in a plate in several occasions last year, openly offered himself to manage Celtic one day. We will really need to look beyond Britain for this one.

14. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    And that is the problem, the height of your ambition is a league title against teams inferior to us in every sense of the word. Small minded thinking.

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Wanking into a sock. What?

You’re blinded by 10. Small minded mentality that drags our club down.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This is so true.

Except I'll be sitting alone. Without a mrs. Because my thoughts of that moment have driven me into a deep dark depression which in turn made me unloveable to any woman.

Rydo1888*, The_Bhoy, Keano88 and 5 others like this.
  17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’ll still have failed to make the CL two years in a row. Failed to even make the play off round, both times, in fact.

Great win the 10. Is that the height of our ambition? To stick it to the huns? After the 10, if we get it, the usual suspects will just be saying “let’s go for 55 now!”

It’s small minded and embarrassing. Our club has went from qualifying for the CL last 16, to finishing 3rd and going into the EL, to finishing bottom of our CL group, to now not even able to get close to the group stage.

We’re a Europa League club with a Europa League mindset, from within the club and from a large chunk of fans who only care about being better than the huns.

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Still fuming

Sunday can't come quick enough

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  19. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Actually has a very good record with the clubs he’s been at.....won the league in a few different countries and has a good level of English from his time at Tottenham. We could do worse. We talk about tapping into the Eastern European leagues for players, why not for managers?

obviously I’m just being speculative.

paulo123 likes this.
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Disagree the whole playing with out a striker was toys out the Pram *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk