1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    No because of the pure * scumbag way you expressed this view.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye. That's the thing for me.

The fact we have been here before and not learned a single thing. You expect it now, but it doesnt make it any easier to take.

I dont think we are a champions league team. Far from it. But we need the financial package it brings for a whole host of reasons.

I could maybe accept going out at the play off to a good side having played well...but for that to happen last night. Disgusted tbh. We supposedly prepare constantly for these games and we know exactly what to expect...so why does this keep happening? 2nd * round ffs. We only managed to beat a team of electricians!

The minute we even play someone with fhe ability to counter and take a chance we crumble. They were bang average on the whole.

I dont really kbow where you begin or what to say that hasnt already been said. Naivety, incompetence etc.

Just completely disillusioned with celtic once again. And the manager had made it 10x worse with his comments about the players.

3. romeo9535

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Alan Thompson, John Hartson, Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover, Willy Malley
    Does Klimala come on here and read my posts? Didn't realise I was abusing him with personal insults because he dared to offer an opinion

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Thing is Lennon should have had him off before that happened anyway with his Yellow card.
    If he brings him down he is off and we are down to 10 men, dammed if he did and damned if he didn’t but for me Lennon should have had him off the pitch by that point anyway.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    littlekennie likes this.
  5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You'll see it in our next game if you missed it last season, no doubt. Unfortunately FF isn't here to bail us out this time.

6. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

You’ve not got a leg to stand on. You’re happy to insult fans who plough their own money into the club year after year. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion especially those who support the club financially. To wet the bed when someone shares a differing opinion is wee man stuff. Put on your big boy pants and grow up. If you can’t see the issues at hand then there’s no hope for some of the support. We’ve got a right to voice concern when things aren’t going well.

Boruc17 and littlekennie like this.
  7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    You said we couldn't beat them. Yet we beat them 2/3 times. So that's just pish mate.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    A major concern for me is Lenny's inability to change things during a game, he takes forever to make a change even when everyone can see it's not working, last night several chances fell to Christie, the type of chances that a proper striker may have put away.

This was Lewis Morgan Mark 2 , a total managerial disaster, made all the worse with Lenny's comments after the game.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Think you might want to read my posts today and get back to me.

Take your time.

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    By calling a guy who let the club down an * yeh no bother mate away to * behind your green tinted specs theirs no defending Lennon after last night end of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Do you honestly believe they are going to beat us in the next game?

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. scootz

Really disappointed with the personal abuse being aimed at NL. Yes, his management of the match is up for discussion, but there’s no need for some of the insults.

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Watch out prof people will label you a scumbag for having that view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Parroting some pish about being offered the job in the showers is not offering a constructive opinion. It just reeks of desperation and having nothing to offer. If you want to be taken seriously then discuss team selection, lack of subs, tactics etc. If not then you get nothing more than you deserve.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Doubt it.

16. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don’t believe he’s played a full 90 minutes so what are you basing your assessment on?

Sean Daleer likes this.
  17. john2061

Good thing is the international break is coming up and that will give us a bit of space to try and sort things .
    Lenny saying there's players here who want out so get them out then and any money we get find replacements .
    I fear after Lenny comments last night he might have lost some of the dressing room so drastic action might be needed .
    We need to get that * defence sorted two big centre halfs and a left back and get Turnbull in and stop playing brown and ntcham in the same midfield would help .

18. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Would it surprise you if they did ?

I'm certainly not confident going in to games against them after last season. Especially without FF.

19. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    There`s only 1 man to blame for last night ands that`s the manager picking that formation. If he knows that when Edouard is out injured or suspended etc, hes openly admitting that he has no other option to play that role in the squad. He has to change the formation by bringing in another midfielder. He was around when we signed Klimala, and Ajeiti. Its easy to say they are both different styles of strikers. But that isn`t an excuse to play a CM instead up there. Who knows what he would have done if MJ was fit.
    And yes SB is a legend at CP, but last night wasn`t his stage. We bought Soro as a natural replacement, and in what Ive seen so far, having played European football previously, is a far better option ATM. Breaking up the play is one thing, but when Soro does it, he`s looking forward. All SB seems to concentrate on is passing the simple ball to retain possession, allowing the opposition to get behind the ball again in numbers.
    We`ll never know now if Klimalas movement, and workrate would have worked any better last night, but I`m sorry Neil this has happened too often on your watch, and now`s the time for a change.
    Who to come in, well that`s the million dollar question. If it wasn`t for the ten looming, I`m all for European progression. But this is a momentous season for us, and the decision to keep, sack, or replace is one that Peter Lawwell is going to earn his money.

20. romeo9535

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Alan Thompson, John Hartson, Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover, Willy Malley
    I'd say everytime I've seen him, he never seems in control of the ball. The ball seems to bounce off him more than anything else.

He also never seems to strike the ball cleanly so his technique is off the level we need.