1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    That's one thing I noticed even from sitting at home watching it on tellybox..everytime the slightest mistake was made it was greeted with moans

Gyp Rosetti and JIMMYD1967 like this.
  2. freitassen

I live in Sweden and I have serbian friends who support Red Star. I watched the four games between them and Malmo and Red Star. Not just FCK was a team completely devoid of talent, but they completely ball less. Those teams were actually worse than FCK (K is for Copenhagen, sorry, cant help it), but the danes had no fighting spirit, no guts, were easily bullied by those teams, specially Red Star that honestly is horrible. To make things worse, several key players were missing today.

cfc_kenny likes this.
  3. Trequartista

I’m really not getting the we are what we are comment. Maybe I’m picking you up wrong but it reads to me as if we’ve just to accept that tonight because it’s what we do and where we are in comparison to other teams in Europe?

4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    We literally couldn’t have handpicked a better tie. They have hardly even started to their season either. Makes it even worse from my view.

Trequartista and cfc_kenny like this.
  5. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    And control means we were passing the ball around most of the time but we weren't creating as many chances as needed. Lennon likes to control such games but it doesn't win them. We would have the ability to roll over them but we chose to control the game to gain absolutely nothing. We more often * it up if we try to control games.

Trequartista likes this.
  6. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This team are absolutely shockin and were there for the taking, it's not as if it was an inter milan or something that I could understand not winning. Being angry at this performance, the players, and the manager isn't entitled in the slightest. It's * embarrassing getting beat 3-1 at home of this mob.

Jeannie960, elbhoydo and Lewis Kerr like this.
  7. cammy07

Copenhagen are * rotten, let's not pretend otherwise. One of their players would get into our starting 11 and that's cause their centre halves are less * than our clowns (jullien aside). We'll not get a better chance at qualifying for the last 16 of the europa than this and we totally blew it.

8. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We were crying out for a centre back in January and spent £6m on two players who didn’t even make the bench, shambles.

JML67 and JIMMYD1967 like this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep..

They had a few player's out....including their best, Fischer..

They had to make a change and their most dangerous striker went off before half time..

They still had a 34 year old lanky diddy rip us to shreds and a back up striker also do the damage. How can a side like Copenhagen miss key player's and 2 from the attack yet still have another w to ragdoll us. We haven't got that up top..

They were as good a draw as we could've got. In poor form just off a break. Dropped points to the bottom 2 in their league in the last 2 game's..

Disgusted with it all..

cammy07 and Ciaran_67 like this.
  10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

You say that mate but as a guy who comes up once or twice a year to SUPPORT the team the regulars around me were silent or groaning just as much as I was after the second Copenhagen goal all game.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  11. Keano88

We were in control, until they scored in the 50th minute and then it took another 20 mins for us to make a change.

12. Trequartista

Grim, grim reading.

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

To score the penalty and then defensively capitulate that badly is embarrassing. It should've been the moment we turned the game around but instead the players lost their heads and * it completely after 80 odd seconds.

Shambles.

14. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I don’t understand why he didn’t bring Griffiths on right after they scored the 1st goal, we have to chase the game then, let’s put on a striker and get more support for Edouard who was starved of any real service until the last few minutes of the first half.
    Pathetic game from us

15. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    It's not a contradiction the team he put out should have beat Copenhagen uncomfortably but the players let themselves down and put in as bad a performance as you'll ever see.

16. Keano88

Yep.

I would have taken off Jozo and Rogic for Frimpong and Griff before the 60 min mark at least.

Forster
    Frimpong - Jullien - Ajer - Taylor
    Brown
    Forrest ——————- Elyoun
    McGregor
    Griffiths Edouard​

Morcombe and Graeme1888 like this.
  17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I'm really not willing to fling * at Lennon for this result. We were in control of the game when Jozo decided to have a calamitous * up. The * was a nervous wreck from the first whistle.

18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Should of kept the 352 and started Griff, with the chances we had it would of been a different game. Eddy totally isolated at times.

As soon they scored Griff and Bitton should of been on, Jozo was never gonna recover from that and just got worse.

In saying that we still should of beaten them comfortably over 2 legs, not clinical enough and too many mistakes.

19. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    McG u a have explained the exact day way I would. If Lenny is going to take the plaudits for Lazio, he needs to take the criticism from Cluj and Copenhagen.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    he needs to overaul this squad come the summer. and if he doesn't get that support from Desmond and Lawell then he really should just walk away because he doesn't deserve the * he'll get if those 2 * in the board room cost us 10 in a row.

I Like Ajer but he's not a natural CB, he's done ok there and he's better than simunovic but he's a natural midfielder and the way he strolls through that midfield shows that that is where we should be playing him.
    Bitton is not a natural defender either, we have 2 natural defenders and 1 is simunovic, that is *, we need real defenders this summer. A LB is a must because Boli isn't good enough and Hayes is old and not a LB,leaving us with just Taylor as a LB.
    Brown is nearing his retirement after another season and McGregor is his natural repalcement but if we sell him to the snake then our midfield is screwed if we dont buy someone good enough to walk into the team. I dont see Ntcham or Edouard staying anymore now that we're out of europe to a poor team again, they wont see a future in us cause we cant beat Cluj or * Copenhagen at home to progress. If Rogic cant play a consistant 90 minutes at least once a week then get him to * and play someone who can or use him as a sub from now on.
    Griffiths is the only real striker we'll have next season cause Bayo has been pish so far and Klimala cant even get on the bench.
    We've wasted too much money on future projects instead of focusing on building a team that can actually get us somewhere and it will blow up in our face and by the looks of it it's going to be this summer.

Take a Stand Neil, get this squad overhauled or walk away and don't bullshit us if you do walk away tell the fans it's because of those 2 * sitting in the board laughing at Lawell's 3 million bonus while the team on the park suffers.

This is our team next season as it stands if we sell McGregor, Ntcham and Edouard, are you confident of 10 in a row and champions league football with this cause i'm * not.

for a 3-5-2
    Bain/Gordon
    Jullien
    Ajer
    Simunovic/Bitton
    El Hammad/Frimpong
    Brown
    Taylor/Hayes
    Christie/Rogic
    Forrest
    Griffiths
    Klimala/Bayo