1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We could still get Moyes. :yeah:

:fear:

2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Vauxhall this about then?

3. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    No ikia mate

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    This thread wid Drive ye crazy, you guys been oan the Gear ? :42:

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Van pun.

Up the RA

6. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

:lenny2:

7. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Done nothing wrong today thats the team most of us wanted cant make them grow a pair

Sonic Reducer and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  8. Trequartista

The team we all wanted indeed but what was the tactics? Looked void of any to me.

9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

We should be always looking to add quality each window, even before this result we should have been adding this window regardless now it’s needed more than anything for me.

If we get this window right we will secure 9 in a row, I honestly think we bottled it today and if we keep the same team without adding there is a chance it could happen again at the midden.

Any injury to Eddy we are *.

10. SuperZidane

Spot on - I’m afraid that on this forum, there are a lot of people who take any criticism of Lennon as a personal attack and respond in kind. I don’t rate Lennon’s tactical ability that highly and today confirmed it. Three weeks ago Gerrard tactically outdone him ( if it hadn’t been for big FF we would have been well beaten). Today showed that Lennon has not learned anything. They were the better team for the vast majority of the game and Lennon was not able to change our shape or do anything tactically to counter that. Frankly we were lucky to only lose 2 - 1 and the missed penalty is papering over the cracks. I saw the summary after the game where Lennon said that we did not deserve to lose the game. That’s just total BS and if he really believes that - then that really is a worry. We can bring in new players but if Lennon wants to persist with tactics against the Huns that obviously don’t work - it’s not going to make a difference.

11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Arrogance? Seriously? Who’s been arrogant and what about? Complacency within the team? I will accept we have twice been complacent against Poundland Select. Definitely but not consistently considering we have a trophy under our belt. An excellent table topping European competition so far and just off a ten consecutive victories in the League. Otherwise complacent against the huns.
    I am annoyed and only slightly. I was able to go about the rest of my day very content and happy to get on about things. Since this Protestant Reformation tribute act have came along I have never been nervous about these games where as before I couldn’t eat, shook with nerves and couldn’t focus. Maybe it’s our fans arrogance and I will concede to that but that comes along with being the best team in Scotland by country mile and a half. We are arrogant because the history books states that Celtic F.C. are on a current run of 8 titles in a row. 10 consecutive trophies in 3 years and all these we diddy teams wetting their pants after getting a life changing 3 points off The Champions.
    Sorry I’m rambling on but will cut it here and say our club has given us the success that allows the support grow in confidence which is usually mixed with a huge tinge of arrogance. Show me an arrogant football fan and I will show you a fan who supports a highly successful team. At the end of the day James I’d say through it all the bottom line is the huns are absolutely seething with jealousy and I find that very comforting and gives me the joy that as you’d say “it will give them a wee lift” but reality for the filth is they are only another 90 minutes away from another Celtic hammering. I’m goin for a slice of humble pie but it will be with a dollop of cream. So nothing gained or lost. 3 points.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Some people get a wee bit obsessed and hang on every word. I honestly don’t see us papering over cracks. Just a few adjustments needed. Gerrard does not hold a hoodoo over Lennon. What’s the stats on that? I’d be sure if that’s the case Gerrard has done an exemplary job at keeping it hidden for the other Hun skelpings? When was the last time Gerrard won the league? Primary 7? Your head may be down tonight me aul mucker but these huns will be in hiding again when this wee act will go to the wall. King rat has announced his early getaway. Gerrard will not hang around and Morelos is a *. I’m sure you’d agree you would hate to be a hun with all these lies they tell and mark my words they will write a book about this and hold protests at public libraries to have it moved from sports to Supper * hillbilly history books section. Right next to King William of Orange autobiography.... “I’d like to toot your flute.”

StPauli1916 and Sean Daleer like this.
  13. Pearse67*

Needs to change that 4-2-3-1 pish, it isnt working.

No need for 2 mids sitting so deep it just invites pressure, sometimes brown is sitting like a sweeper between centre halfs ffs.

Could of matched the huns with mcgregor, ntcham and rogic, a strong trio.

If our wingers arent firing then it is basically eddie up by himself cutting a very isolated figure.

Isnt just personnel needs freshening!

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  14. cammy07

Can be blamed for not making changes earlier when it clearly wasn't working.

Ntcham clearly needed to come on at half time for either Johnston or Christie, instead he waited far too long and we were already behind and chasing the game again. It wasn't even an immediate reaction to their goal either, he left in another 10 minutes at least.

That's twice now he's been absolutely schooled by that * who's a rookie, not good enough.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Are you advocating dropping Brown? He was our best player today.

Sydneysider likes this.
  16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

McGregor Ntcham and Rogic actually sounds like a weaker 3 than we had today.

17. Pearse67*

No im simply saying that we dont need 2 defensive midfielders.

Go mcgregor, brown, christie then.
    Im hoping another centre mid is brought in though.

18. Pearse67*

Btw that is a matter of opinion. Was frimpong for me, neither here nor there though.

19. Jeremie Frimpong

He did. Clearly.

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I've seen loads of people saying Frimpong was the best player.

I must be one of the only people who thought he chose today to have his worst game for us. I literally do not remember taking a player on in the final third until about 75 minutes. Got the ball moved 20 yards with it then passed it back to Ajer.

More experienced players have froze in this fixture though so I won't hold it against him.

Scotia, celticfan01 and Sonic Reducer like this.