1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    But guys, disco lights!
    Peter gets 3.5m/year + performance bonus!
    We have the nearest thing to an average coaching staff, it's ok we can train them on the job! (Looking at you Duff, and John 'always avoid getting the sack despite being the common weak link' Kennedy)

Fans are mostly too blinded by 'just getting one over rangers' that they are forgetting the board are shafting them left right and centre, lets be honest 10 in a row has no relevance beyong getting one over THEM. Do we really care about winning the league every year when we have REGRESSED in europe, at a time where we should have been excelling in europe with the amount of money we have?

What's not to like!!??

Henke102 likes this.
  2. oh bhoy

What the * is Lennon talking about a poor tempo while playing brown instead of McGregor who can turn defence into attack about 2 touches quicker.Aye your transfer plans * joke

3. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Nchamp did alright tonight. There was a descision to make when we were 3-2 up. They were coming at us and we responded by keeping the pace of the game up, we clearly needed to slow it down and do something to our lh side and to stop them in the middle. Hindsight is a funny thing but I would have taken Brown off for Boli, and MJ who was tiring for Julien. Cal Mac on the left in front of Boli so he had experienced cover , move Ajar in to midfield where Brown was to give a bit of fight and Julien at the back. See sorted!!!!!!

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    * knows..

All I see with Morgan is a guy that get's a nose bleed in the final third..

Chokes almost every single time..

The fact he's an option is farcical on a night like tonight..

5. MattD

Wow, and some deluded folk thought he was a credible replacement for Rodgers?

An absolute pisstaker of a coach in charge. We said this would happen when he was signed, yet some just couldn’t take off their rose tinted spectacles.

I sure hope this is a shock to the system to all those parochial minded losers and that we start successor planning as soon as possible for a manager who brings this club into the modern era, not some narrow minded tactical caveman like Lennon.

There’s only one way we’re going with this man in charge and that is down.

Damage limitation exercise for the remainder of his tenure while we plan to get a real football coach in charge.

What a * farce.

Fontaine likes this.
  6. murphy88

Ntcham had a good game I thought. McGregor should have been playing in Brown's position, it should have been him that missed out.

7. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Petrescu had his number tonight,lennons tactics were * ametuer at best.
    The * must have a brass neck not taking part of the blame for that.

8. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Lenny clearly didn't think Julien was ready for the earlier games, due to not having a preseason, or he would have played him then, that has a knock on effect as others are playing and building up a rapport, while he is gaining fitness, do you just abandon that when it comes to the most important game, make another change and throw him in then? I'm not saying it was the right choice, but I see why he did it. McGregor at left back I didn't understand though.

9. murphy88

Completely agree. Morgan is nowhere near good enough.

clonbhoy and McChiellini.. like this.
  10. CountyDownFaithful

So many tactical mistakes tonight and his failure to address them after managing to turnaround the game was shocking.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You weren’t the only one.

Scotia likes this.
  12. SuperZidane

Absolutely - I could write volumes about Lawwell but this is NOT about him. This is 100% at the door of Lennon - end of.

I remember watching the horror show at Ibrox in May - where we were outplayed for 93 minutes and Lennon had no clue - no change in tactics, position for position substitutions - its a wonder we only lost 2-0. I didn't want him to get the job but I was prepared to give him a chance.

However, I'm afraid that. once the opposition goes above St Johnstone or Motherwell level - we just isn't tactically good enough.

I haven't heard any after match stuff yet - but I will be pleasantly surprised if Lennon doesn't blame all or some of the players - that's what he always used to do.

Given the way the Huns have started the season - I still think we're favourites for the League but I am a lot more worried than the previous 8 seasons.

We definitely need investment in the team which is down to DD and Lawwell but I'm not confident that Lennon is the right man to be spending it.

bhoy81, McChiellini.. and Valhalla like this.
  13. Bonobhoy

Yes he * up,but * need to calm the * down on lashing out at just him, as bad as * huns in here,may as well post yourself to through his letterbox the way some are behaving.....way outta of * line.

Maybe loads of fans didn't want him as manager,but he is, and we need to get on with it.

Im a Lenny fan and yes no excuse's for his * tonight....Hes going nowhere soon and after a few days of getting this over with we need to get back behind him and the team.

Tonight: Lennys fault in tactics/formations etc.
    Overall: The boards fault in hoping we squeeze in the backdoor on the cheap year in year out.....if anyones to be outed its them.

Sore one tonight,we will bounce back,Lenny will learn from this big time and so he should.

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    And now hes coming out as the boards messenger to say we will not be signing any * essentially.

This after the continual backtracking and contradictions for the past 2 months.

"We need 5 players"
    "Hope to have 2 in by next week"
    "3 in after Cluj"
    "We only want quality"
    "We have a few in mind and are down the line with a couple"

We are getting * all. Disgrace and anyone who defends the way we have conducted our business is delusional beyond belief.

15. clonbhoy

His wife tell you too?

Callum McGregor likes this.
  16. Lecs

Came on to make the same points.

You can't sign a 7 million pound CB and not start him in one of the biggest games of the season. To play our best midfielder out of position where his influence is greatly nullified is unacceptable.

I totally agree regarding Sinclair as well. I'm not Sinclair's biggest fan but I would have started him tonight as he is a big game player and his experience is invaluable at this kind of stage. Johnstone isn't quite ready to be a week in week out starter for me.

I'm * off at our negligence tactically, we should have subbed on another CB when we went up as well.

I'm * * off tonight, and now I doubt we will sign anybody else. * raging actually.

Xatraps, bhoy81 and callumrae1967 like this.
  17. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He has had a pre season though, he’s been here for 6 weeks, why didn’t he get more game time after Rennes? The right back has been here less time, pre season or not he was thrown in at the deep end!

If big Chris is good enough, which Is why we spent 7 million on him he should be playing like our right back.

Lennon’s decision going with rapport cost us massively, so this is why he is being criticised massively leaving two players on the bench.

I’m sorry I’m not having this ore season stuff, Boli playing in a different system when our right back came in last min with much less time with the team than the other two.

It’s Lennon’s fault for not picking Chris and playing Cal mac at left back.

18. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Wasn't a fan of him getting the job, don't get me wrong if tonight is the downside and we win the league, I'll be happy, but whilst he's the guy I would love to see us getting 9 and 10, then it'd be him from any other manager, but I just don't trust him and tonight was just a sore reminder why.

Spending £10m on two players who can't be trusted says it all for me.

Personally think Rangers ha e more chance of winning the league because he is the manager.

19. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Didn’t get one thing right tonight in my opinion.
    Was never the man to take us forward after the snake left.

20. DonnyCelt

All the managers that were available in the summer that Lawwell didn't even give the time of day to. Just appointed the cheap option, someone who wouldn't ask questions or pressure the board.

You get what you pay for and we've got that with Lennon

bhoy81 and Valhalla like this.