1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. obafgkmlt The Unseen Fenian American SpaceTeuchter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Jules
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Put your ridiculous victim complex back up your shitehole if you think any of us are enjoying this. Apologies if some of the support have ambition.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye I'm ecstatic.

Get a grip.

3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Enjoyment? You * kidding on? He * it and he will be criticised and * rightly so.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  4. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Satisfied the happy clappers on here anyway mate.

Valhalla likes this.
  5. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Oh ffs. Actually * off with this *.

He was tactically poor and shouldn't be immune to criticism. End of.

charlietully and Callum McGregor like this.
  6. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If he thinks playing our most influential mid fielder out of position, in a position that is no where near being his natural, and in a position that he has shown that he is unable to play in, had no affect on this game. Then I really fear for this season.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  7. DonnyCelt

McGregor at left back didn't affect the result says Lennon. Is this * on something. You sign a left back and instead play your best midfielder there and yet that doesn't affect the result.

Defence has to play better- BUY SOME * DEFENDERS AND PLAY THEM!!

Lennon making himself look a proper * tonight

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Who’s enjoying it? I’m * devastated.

Xatraps, charlietully and Keano88 like this.
  9. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Lenny picked the team and set the team up, he takes the rap for it. Firstly he acted on media pish and social media pressure by dropping Boli. Taking Cal Mac out of midfield and putting him at left back was a shocker, they constantly targeted that area but failed to act on it. Broony was getting caught out in midfield and over run, failed to act it. When we went 3-2 up it was crying out to slow the game down, better game management was needed, again failed to act on it. £10m of new defenders sat on the bench but what does he do? Takes Mikey J off for Morgan, fecking Morgan. Not Celtic quality. But equally the board, particularly Lawell must take some of the blame. Failing to get players in before the qualifiers again has cost us. It shows lack of ambition and trying to get through on the cheap, supporters are being taken for mugs. Maybe next season nobody renews season tickets until we bring quality players in, supporters have pushed change before. That's if there is a next year for CL qualifiers, on tonight's showing the league is not a given, especially if the best we can muster is the Morgan's, and Taylor's an any other SPL dross that has had 1 decent game!!!

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Again, this might be me overreacting and letting my emotions get the better of me, but the next 5 games could absolutely make or break our season

The fact Jullien hasn't been incorporated into the squad yet is a * farce, i get he's not fully match fit but he should have started Kalju and Sarajevo at home, both comfortable games

Secondly, we've known for months Tierney was going, even if he somehow stayed we should have brought in a temp replacement while he gets fit, a 6 month loan of somebody perhaps? Yet it's painfully clear we haven't been properly scouting his replacement, the Birger melling links are a load of rubbish, Gumny "might" happen if we get the europa groups. There's a very real chance we replace our 25 million full back with Greg Taylor

I expect us to beat Dunfermline and Hearts comfortably, not worried about these results, anything less than comfortable wins is not good enough.

The AIK and huns games are absolutely massive for him now. AIK are pish but let's be honest, we said the exact same about Cluj, any team can get at our defence currently. Going out of the CL is a disaster, but imagine a year without europe in general? There's a real chance here if we don't go to sweden with a two goal lead, and there's absolutely no chance we bring anybody in before then, maybe Greg Taylor lol

If he loses the AIK tie, i honestly think he'll have a real chance of getting sacked, and the huns game could confirm it..

Obviously this isn't all on lenny, the board completely * us last year, and even if we have a brilliant end to this window they've practically * us this year.

As i said, at the moment i'm probably overreacting, we've played some good football before this game. Get to the europa groups and beat the huns and he'll have the fans behind him 100%

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He takes a massive, massive, chunk of blame for tonight.

The game was there to be won regardless but we’d have had a far better chance if McGregor was in his actual position, we had Sinclair in the squad and the £10 million+ of defenders purchased this Window were deemed reliable enough to play.

neilly1987 and Keano88 like this.
  12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The one thing I will say is that he cant prepare for Brown or Bain having mares.

Brown especially. That moment was utterly utterly idiotic.

obafgkmlt, Icicle, Gabriel and 2 others like this.
  13. DonnyCelt

This. Cracking post

14. northeast67

Correct but he's been much better than the last 2 efforts from boli and mcgregor who looked clueless out of position.
    They new KT was going why put ourselves in this position, even the guy from Kilmarnock could have been here, how hard can it be to sign players who are injured are fit and actually play the position their been bought to play.
    Madness, squandered champions league cash so now the excuse will be we don't have the money and it's hard trying to sign players when we aren't in the champions league!
    Same every year to little to late and now a knock on effect.

cfc_kenny likes this.
  15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Doubt started to creep in when Lennon backtracked over transfers, now alarm bells are ringing after the comments he has just made.

Sorry Neil but you are at fault here, if he came out and said listen, sorry I’ve * this for us, most fans would take that and say aye thanks for being honest now let’s get behind him m, but I can’t, I really * canny after that!

Fare too many red flags already and our season has barely begun as well.

* sick

ThisIsGhod and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  16. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    He can’t, but that doesn’t diminish his culpability at all for me.

17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Bolingoli did a preseason with different players, playing a different style and using a different system (3-5-2). Julien didn't have a pre season and has been struggling for fitness. Throwing someone that isn't ready into important games is a risk, both to the outcome and also of the player pickng up injuries. I said before the Motherwell game I was hoping Brown would be rested and Julien play CB with Ajer as they hadn't played together there before and if they didn't lenny would likely go with Jozo instead, as he and Ajer have played together there.

I didn't say playing McGregor at LB wasn't a mistake, Hayes would have been a better choice and he wasn't even on the bench. I'm just saying I understand why he wasn't willing to throw Julien into this match, but it is easy to say in hindsight he should have risked playing him and Bolingoli.

18. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Will be interesting to see what happens if rangers beat us in a couple of weeks, he’ll be under mega pressure.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I honestly don't give a * about AIK and the Europa right now mate..

If he loses at the Huns after tonight that'll be his two biggest game's he's flopped in..

Let's hope that doesn't happen, because if it does....it'll get toxic..

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member