1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't necessarily blame him for the part in bold. The recruitment of these guys should have ben done before pre season started, so they can be up to speed and integrated with the squad before the qualifiers start. If they aren't they are always going to be playing catch up fitness and match sharpness wise, which is the case with Julien. That's not Lenny's fault, that's a recruitment issue.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, our recruitment should be targetted at the following season. We should be anticipting where we might lose players and get potential replacements in early, so they have a year to settle and get used to the system, get some game time through the season before they are thrown into the qualifiers, financially the most crucial games of our season. But no, as usual we wait until we lose a bunch of players then half * trying to replace them, which will likely leave us in the same * come qualifiers next season with makeshift defences.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Badly badly wrong from the get go.

He doesn't know how to change a game and it was my worry since he came back. Games like tonight is where you see the difference in quality of manager at crucial moments.

Totally dejected.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  3. ThisIsGhod

Never wanted him as manager. I fear for this season been saying it since he’s been appointed, Rangers have strengthened whereas we’re running backwards. The next Old Firm game will be interesting.

4. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I am baffled, because at least Boli is a left back. Instead we conceded 4 goals with our best creative midfielder obviously struggling at the back. It was a total waste of his talent.

It does stem from poor recruitment, but a huge portion of the blame is on Lennon for sitting £10 million of his own signings on the bench.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Shved and Jullien might as well of playing Falkirk tonight..

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sad to see so called Celtic fans taking so much enjoyment over seeing Neil Lennon have a bad result. Does it make you feel all your Neil Lennon hating has been justified now, many of you were squirming over the last 2 excellent league performances so I guess tonight is your chance to let it all out. You might as well just jump up and down shouting 'I told you so, I told you so'. Pathetic. Its a hard one to take but it wont determine whether Lennon has a successful season or not when their are still 3 trophies and a European competition to contend with.

Gabriel and Mystic Penguin like this.
  8. clonbhoy

Whatever about the board downsizing he got it all wrong tonight. His attitude going into the game seemed to be that we are leading and need to keep it tight and backfired spectacularly.
    It is a game of fine margins and the reaction after the break might have been enough to redeem himself had it not been for the two howlers, but aside of that he got too much wrong.

Tactically it was wrong, mentally it was wrong and even the bench was wrong! Brown should not have been on the pitch to concede the penalty. He was clearly having a bad night, largely because he played on Saturday.
    If Scott Sinclair is no longer better than Morgan he should have been loaned to Preston. If he has dropped below that level he is no good to us anymore. The kid is awful!
    McGregor was targeted all game and they got joy out of it too. I could see the reasoning behind it, but it was clearly not working after twenty minutes, so why wait? Why wasn’t Hayes on the bench if Boli wasn’t trusted? We could have at least gone to wing-backs then.

There was no reason we couldn’t have started the game the way we started the second half. There was no need to be so cagey and in the end that is what done for us, even if individual errors compounded it.

9. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Absolutely amatuer.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

* up you absolute *, no one is enjoying this.

11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Sorry but that’s just not true, Boli was already back at his club for Pre season already and played quite a few games until his knock, which he recovered from.

Big Chris has had plenty of time since he was signed early, people questioned why he wasn’t playing more after the Rennes friendly.

That’s down to Lennon both of them have been at the club long enough to be playing tonight.

Boli has blown hot and cold but playing our best midfielder at left back and not starting big Chris in stead of Jozo showed how exposed we where this evening.

Xatraps likes this.
  12. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aw * up

obafgkmlt likes this.
  13. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I understand that the blame lies with the board, but the ineptness tactically tonight was astounding.

He was saying the 1st half wasn't acceptable... We conceded 3 goals in the 2nd half, that's not * acceptable against Cluj.

Look what happened the last time we played Mcgregor LB at Ibrox. What sort of game is this to experiment again with that?

We resorted to just punting long balls up the pitch in the last 10 minutes and running forward franticly.

When we took the lead we could have shut up shop and frustrated them, but we actually expanded and just threw everybody up the pitch in the hope of scoring another.

Britwell bhoy and paulo123 like this.
  14. murphy88

I couldn't believe when we appointed him. Never for one second thought he would get the job permanently. Not many managers will get bombed out a Scottish team for a run of pish results and end up managing Celtic. Not Lennons fault, it comes down to the board for his appointment. The board's ambitions were set out when Lennon got the job.

Icicle likes this.
  15. northeast67

Where's Hays? Best left back at the club right now?
    Best be injured or that's dire management.

16. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    NL: NL: "We had enough chances to win the game. If we’d played anywhere near as well in the second as we did the first, we would’ve gone through"

We wouldn't of though because the 2nd half was 3-3 so they would still have went through on away goals.

17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yes, I for one am absolutely ecstatic that we just got embarrassed by some Romanian mob at home.

Happy clapper csc can go take a flying * to themselves.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  18. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    We lambasted the rat for playing mcgregor at LB. Shocking decision tonight....

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It directly affected the first goal Neil. But sound.

Callum McGregor and Marty McFly like this.
  20. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The worst part about that is he's not even a LB