1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Everytime i think about Lennon it just makes me angry so you’re right, its best not thinking about the *.

The Phoenix and JC Anton like this.
  2. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    He was given the job iSuspect,because he was willing to allow Lawell to continue acting as a de facto director of football

3. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I am but i just can't stop i wish i could

JC Anton likes this.
  4. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Most people were pretty downbeat about it. I couldn’t believe it myself.

Except one poster who, during an admittedly good run in the Europa League, thought it wise to quote months old posts and have a go at everyone on the forum who had been critical of him. Looks even more cringe now than it was at the time, and that’s saying something.

If we don’t win the league this season he’ll be in large part to blame due to the mess he left us in at the start of the season. He’s not alone though.

5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It was the fact they knew what the reaction would be so announced it as soon as we won the cup hoping the high of winning a treble treble would let them away with it…

6. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

Not sure if many folk are the same, but I really dislike seeing anything about him, especially any footage like the 'Classic games' part on Celtic TV.

Jordann, MusselburghBhoy and AdamRS like this.
  7. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Shows you how poor a manager he was with the dross we can't unload, a good 15 million plus down the *. We'll be lucky to get 20% of that back.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon is among the early frontrunners for the vacant managerial post at Sunderland, reports claim.

Ex-Killie and Hearts man Lee Johnson was sacked earlier today after a horrendous 6-0 defeat at Bolton yesterday.

The Mackems board didn't mess about and punted Johnson this afternoon.

Lennon has been out of work since his Celtic departure last year.

And the Northern Echo put him alongside Grant McCann and Paul Cook towards the head of the running

9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Poor Paddy Roberts

10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Cook and McCann both seem like more sensible options to me as they have promoted teams from league 1 and at Sunderland you will get sacked if you don't do that.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    People say if he cared about the club he would have walked away I look at it from the start judging by Desmond’s interview with athletic months before he said lennon was back after learning from his mistakes in first stint that to me hinted to him being unprofessional now after 4 months of cause covid into our second game in second season lennon gives the whole team time off no training before Kilmarnock where we dropped our first points you look at how unfit the team was in France the guy gave the bare minimum he thought because he was manager of top side in the country he didn’t have to do a lot if he cared about Celtic he would have evolved and sat in team talks and videos he wouldn’t be looking forward to pints in Dubai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I actually think it’s the Neil Lennon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesM09 likes this.
  13. JamesM09

I see he’s bumping his gums saying he thinks supporters will regret protesting last season.

Honestly my only regret is we didn’t protest more. Imagine we had brought Ange in in October. I keep thinking back to how people defended him to the death on here and how he’s proved them all wrong since.

neilly1987, Lewis Kerr and Peej like this.
  14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby

Neil Lennon reckons Celtic fans will regret sack calls while he was at the club last season.

The former Hoops boss was on the receiving end of abuse from fans as his side slumped behind Rangers in their vital 10 in a row season.
    Protests were held outside the stadium while banners were left demanding the Northern Irishman be binned.

Lennon admitted at the time it was counterproductive and hurtful towards him.

And now he believes punters may regret their actions.

"That was at the end of a long, long unbeaten run in cup competitions," he told Four Four Two about protests following defeat to Ross County.
    There was a lot of angst in society at the time. Lockdowns had affected everyone in so many negative ways, so there was a lot of frustration out there.
    Rightly or wrongly, some of those fans showed in their own way at the time.

"I'd like to think most of them now regret that."

The manager - still on the lookout for a new job - also still feels the lockout of fans seriously hurt Celtic's chances.

"The league was called in May and we were deservedly crowned champions," he added.

"But when football came back after that long lay-off we were never the same again and that was it.

I remember when the players returned after three months off it just felt different

A few of the lads wanted to leave and there wasn't the money to go out and replace them.
    The momentum of the season just never got going.

"Having no fans inside the ground didn't help, because the support is huge for any Celtic team.

"I don't think that too many sides were affected by having to play in empty stadiums as much as us."

"Everything was flat and unfortunately there was a bit of ill-discipline with players breaking Covid protocols and stuff like that

Nothings ever your fault is it Neil

JamesM09 likes this.
  15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Imagine coming back out with that before the game last night.

This * has absolutely no respect for Celtic.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm on cloud nine after last night.

Our season has just ramped up a level and we STILL have players to return in Julien, kyogo and Rogic to bolster that side from last night.

But you know what Neil there is always a moment I can take to say, * off Neil Lennon.

Now...back to celebrating a real manager doing a real job with the players.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The guy possesses the traits of a narcissist.

He’ll be in the house dying for us to get *, so that the termination of his contract which was 5 months too late, can somehow seem unjustified.

I’ll never forgive this *. The absolute antithesis of Celtic.

What we’ve got now is what we could have had years ago.

A coherent football manager with a style of play, with a bit of knowledge on how to implement it, and who treats the fans with respect.

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Next thing we need to be doing is adding properly identifying and claiming this style of football as the Celtic way.
    We then need to add backroom staff and key positions such as a DoF that embodies this style and thus when the day comes that Ange leaves us, we are then in a position to identify the next manager who continues this and has the structure in place to help already support this style.

It would then ensure that we don't return to managers like Lennon, who think they are bigger than the club.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

rickyroma25, AdamRS and The Phoenix like this.
  19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Quite the opposite ‘Lenny’.

I live 70 miles from Celtic Park and I’m absolutely gutted I didn’t go to the ground to protest that night.

Raging with myself actually. It was selfish.

I think he is still oblivious to the fact that a guy who walked out on us in the middle of the night to run to Leicester is much more popular than him.

* doesn’t even have the decency to shut the * up after ruining us.

He must still be getting his ego boosts in the pubs from of the weirdos that adore him.

neilly1987 likes this.
  20. Pacific Ocean Blue

The only regrets with Lennon is we didn't sack him sooner or even better, he didn't get the job after the cup final.

neilly1987 likes this.