1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bonobhoy

Totally agree.

Its a * disgrace now and some people should be ashamed calling themselves Celtic fans after the * he still gets on Social Media.

And ironically for the people that still have vindictive hatred for the guy for last season,some of them want Boli in the team the guy that started the downfall last season.
    * off on holiday for a bit of * and setting us 3 games behind and never having the chance to get those games back in time,but apparently he's ok to be in this team for going forward.....because we are short.

Lennon * up along with the players and most importantly the board last season. He should have left earlier and didn't and i understand the frustration in this,even as a fan of him i began raging at him at the time and wanted him to go due to the results and his antics on holidays,his poor tactics and subs etc.

Hate the guy if it makes you feel better,but some of the * he still receives is just sad as *,talking about his mental health, his image, his teeth and his family is near * disgusting.

He put up with a lot of * in his life coming hear,his family put in danger,bullets in post,graffiti on walls of his death,attacks on the sidelines...but he stuck it out for us and himself.

And Short memories indeed....He did beat Barca,he did win cups,he did win leagues,he stood in when the rat ran....Full house for his speech that near 60000 people applauded and got behind.

If people want to hate him then fair enough,but again some of the stuff about his image,family etc is still way over the top even till this day,especially * Twitter.

Sydneysider, Mince.Charming and Wllm like this.
  2. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Ill give McDowell a bit of a bye ball as he went to university in America. No excuse for McIlroy, he's just a *. A lot of people from his town have that fake American, inflected accent.

theweeman likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil LENNON admits “it’s a bit of a mystery” that he is still without a club since departing Celtic NINE months ago.

The 50-year-old former Hoops boss, who headed for the Parkhead exit as the historic quest for a tenth successive title disintegrated in inexplicable fashion, now appears to be out in the cold.

The managerial merry-go-round has been in full spin with his former Glasgow rival Steven Gerrard quitting Ibrox for Aston Villa following the sacking of Dean Smith a week ago.

Ironically, it now looks as though the axed Midlands club’s gaffer will get the nod to take over at Norwich City from Daniel Farke who had been handed his P45 the previous day with the Carrow Road club anchored at the foot of the Premier League.

Eddie Howe, a one-time target for the Hoops as Lennon’s long-term successor, has taken over at Newcastle following his lengthy spell on the sidelines after leaving Bournemouth last summer.

In the midst of hectic dug-out activity, the Northern Irishman, however, has been largely overlooked and hasn’t even had the courtesy of a reply to some job applications.

Lennon, who won 10 honours – including five championships – as Hoops manager, admitted: “It’s frustrating.

“Some people probably assume that I’m not looking for a return to management because of the way it ended at Celtic.

“But nothing could be further from the truth.

“I’m still relatively young, as hungry as ever and believe I would bring something to any club.

“And I’d like to think my track record compares favourably to most.”

The fall-out of a colossally disappointing campaign is following Lennon since the February evening – 48 hours after an unacceptable 1-0 defeat from relegation-threatened Ross County in Dingwall – he walked out of the ground in the east end of Glasgow with John Kennedy handed the responsibility in an interim basis to see the club over the line with 10 games still to play.

Greek-Australian Ange Postecoglou, of course, arrived in June to take charge as the club went through a massive rebuild.

Following the previous summer of so much promise, plus the £13million arrivals of Swiss striker Albian Ajeti (West Ham), Greek goalkeeper Vaslis Barkas (AEK Athens) and Scotland midfielder David Turnbull (Motherwell), the team flopped spectacularly on the domestic and European fronts and completed a wretched term without silverware for the first time in 11 years.

Lennon explained: “Some players just got to the end of the road. The pandemic hit us badly, because once we returned to action, we were never the same again.

“I still look back with immense satisfaction at what I did achieve.

“But one or two people have short memories.”

Lennon, who has also managed Bolton and Hibs as well as two stints in Glasgow, now appears to be the forgotten man.

He said: “It is a bit of a mystery. I think I’ve done a decent job wherever I’ve been.”

However, the ex-Hoops captain takes encouragement from Howe’s recent appointment and St James’s Park and, speaking to the Sunday People, added: “For a long time, everyone talked about Eddie being relegated at Bournemouth and not the huge success he enjoyed previously.

“But Newcastle saw the bigger picture and Eddie’s back in the game now.

“I’d love to think that it will be similar for me.”

StevieBhoooy! and Noskeil like this.
  4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    His lack of self awareness is actually commendable.

5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He's completely delusional. I wonder if he looks in his mirror and actually see's someone else?

Noskeil likes this.
  6. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    I hate even reading quotes from him! Hear his voice and can see his face :31:

7. Damnati

Wish he would just be quiet for a few years for his own sake. Everyone will forgive and forget eventually if he would stop reminding us how delusional he is.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    * off Neil.

It isn't a mystery at all why you aren't in a managerial job, it's quite * obvious to everyone bar himself - he's a * manager with a * attitude.

Last seen whoring himself out to any club in Israel, about sums up where his stock is.
    Even at that, his pal Dudu hasn't managed to help him yet either.

Noskeil likes this.
  9. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    UFOs, The Bermuda Triangle, Big foot and Agatha Christie books, they're all mysteries. Neil son it's more a mystery how you got the Bolton job, the Hibs job and the Celtic job twice. Your toxic attitude,1990s tactics and approach to fitness or training or simply, your just quite a * manager may be the reason no club has contacted you, NOT ONE CLUB WORLDWIDE. That's not a mystery, that's a statement. Yer *.

10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    When Dudu canny sort you out, you know yer *! Lol

Peej likes this.
  11. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    How anyone can defend this * astounds me.

FrankMcCallum, Noskeil and Peej like this.
  12. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Where to even begin with that article?

Guy is a delusional fool and a complete * to boot.

Needs to put the wine down ffs.

13. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Clubs ignoring his application says it all :giggle1:

Free hint for Lenny: It was the manager's job to make sure players came back fit from lockdown. Who was our manager back then? You! We looked unfit from the first game and that's alone on the manager. If he can't keep his players fit, he is unfit for the job, as simple as that. It * basics Neil! No wonder no * wants a manager who can't even do the basics of his job. No one wants an unfit team.

Noskeil likes this.
  14. StevieBhoooy!

The Phoenix likes this.
  15. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Fair point on McDowell (or GMAC to his pals - I want to vomit). Didn't know he studied there. Still a * but :giggle1::giggle1:

16. Cringer67

Feel a bit sorry for him. Has now, effectively, brought out the begging bowl with that news article. Any potential suiters would actually be put off by it.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Slaw, Valhalla and The Phoenix like this.
  18. celtic20

Aye noticed that line myself. Embarrassing the way he's put that there. Knows exactly what he's doing.

Peej likes this.
  19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    would not suprise me if he actually has offers, but think he is so * good that he wait for a EPL club to come in for him.

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Claiming he won’t four trebles?

Honestly man he’s no shame at all…

Peej likes this.