1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SuperZidane

He said that twice last year "I've never managed in a pandemic before" - once at the AGM and once at another presser.

He came out with a lot of nonsense last year - but this comment topped the lot.

JamesM09 likes this.
  2. Al Bootyerbaws

This * still chirping away in the background every other week. He's needing to just shut the * up now it's beyond boring.

3. Maestro 08

Lennon has always had a high opinion of him self and fought his corner. When the going was good it was seen as a strength but when the * hit the fan it's viewed differently. I'm surprised people are surprised.

4. Sgt Neppers*

His comments about Eddy are baffling. Criticising him about attitude, body language and wanting away. Yet, he continued to play him constantly. What does that say about him as a manager??? He has a cheek. Lennons body language and attitude at times was appalling. Ange is doing well cause he has the backing of the fans....these the same one's you called entitled FFS.

He needs to shut the * up, stop picking at old wounds and accept his role in last seasons farcical efforts. Maybe then we can look at him in a better light. But this won't happen until he shuts up and stops talking about us at every opportunity. Walloper.

Moore likes this.
  5. john2061

It's a sad state of affairs with Lennon now still blaming everybody else but himself and he needs to shut up and move on and the football we are playing it's like night and day from last season .

6. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    He Bawz'd it and he knows it, let him rant away all he wants with his trash talk, everyone else will all find out what he's like soon enough, esp if he get's another management position. Soon no one will even remember who he is/was.
    All brought on by himself.

7. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Just wish there would be people in the media challenging him and calling him out for being a * manager.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He really needs to * up! I don’t know what’s worse the pish he’s talking or sitting laughing and joking with that cocksocket Tom English.

9. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Every interview he digs his hole a little bit deeper and makes himself that little bit more unemployable. Part of being a a professional is having the ability to assess your own performance in order to improve; his sheer lack of responsibility gives the assumption that he would continue to make the same mistakes in his next role. What team in their right mind would want a manager like that?

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The bottomline is this - it's a free world and Lennon can spout whatever the * he wants to whoever will listen.

But the reality is he knows he is finished as a football manager. Not just that he has had 2 bites at being Celtic manager - and only Billy McNeill has had that honour twice bestowed aside from NL - but as a football manager anywhere, ever.

Anyone will see is how spectacularly he failed last season. And the thing is, every club had to contend with playing without fans in the stands - but that doesnt mean that fans were not watching. Or anyone else. To beng 20-something points behind in January, to fail to get a tune out of a side that had been quadruple treble winners, nevermind 9IAR champions.

And if that was not bad enough, the man who replaces him not only has to get a team and a club that was standing still and in a complete disarray and funk, within 2 months has things turned around to the point that they are at now highlights how poorly he was as a manager and incapable, so why would any club look to hire him as a manager in future. Showing what a competant manager can do compared to an incompetant one.

So it makes sense for NL to spout whatever guff comes into his head, because it's only as a pundit that he will be able to continue to have an involvement in football.

11. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    This pretty much covers my thoughts as well. He knows he is finished as a manager and he's trying to keep his name in the public domain so he gets media/punditry roles, where I am pretty sure he will just be another Commons or Walker being controversial against us just so he keeps getting gigs.

Taz likes this.
  12. Martybhoy53

He is never to blame. Always someone else. He over stayed his time as manager and left the team in disarray. A turnip who never takes responsibility. A leg end but no legend.

13. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Which he was and is. Upturn nothing to do with a new coach with new ideas and new players who engage with a coach who knows what he's doing and doesn't turn up for work stinking of alcohol. We'd have strolled to 10IAR if only we had the fans...yep, as the stadium would have been rocking with positive energy with what was on show on the pitch last year.....

14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If he'd done that fans would forgive him soon but it's getting to the point where if he doesn't shut his cake hole soon no fan will forgive him. I used to have fond memories of him but he isn't a Celtic man, he is a Lennon man. I wish it worked out, but it didn't. He needs to admit his failures and move on. He lived off a Barcelona win for too long and thinks he is a great manager. The reality is he should have won the league a season earlier and won more cups than he did in his 1st term.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    HenriksRightBoot likes this.
  15. DonnyCelt

If this * does get the Ireland job after Kenny I'll certainly not be following international football.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Former Celtic boss Neil Lennon has emerged as shock favourite for the Ireland job as he is linked with a return to management.

Current boss Stephen Kenny is facing mounting pressure having picked up just one win since stepping into the Aviva Stadium hot seat last year.

Going into the clash with Azerbaijan the former Celtic gaffer Lennon is tipped to replace the former Dunfermline manager after this round of World Cup qualifiers.

The Northern Irishman left Parkhead in February following a disappointing defeat to Ross County that signalled the final blow to his sides 10 In A Row bid.

He has previously spoken on his desire to return to the dugout despite a nightmare end to his spell in Glasgow's east end, having lifted five Premiership crowns and five domestic cups

PaddyPower have now placed Lennon as 23/10 favourite to take over from Kenny, ahead of likes of Roy Keane and current assistant coach Keith Andrews.

Speaking in February, Lennon expressed his desire to be back in football rather than working in broadcasting.

He said: “I think I’m a better manager now than I’ve ever been. No question.

“I’m approaching ten years as a manager, I’m well over 400 games in the dugout now. I’ve got plenty of experience, I’ve learned a lot.

“I still feel I’ve got plenty to offer. At this moment I’ve got time out. But I will look for a new challenge eventually."

Mince.Charming likes this.
  17. ddub11

Stuff of nightmares

The_Bhoy likes this.
  18. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Spot on.

Add to that getting the sack at Bolton, Hibs and Celtic.

When he got the job proper the second time, my heart sank. By that time, it was obvious for all that knew only a little about football, that he wasn't a very good manager.

That his name is even mentioned in relation to a high profile job is a joke.

19. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    What's the consensus on Kenny? Seems to play good football but international game is all about doing enough to qualify. Thought Mick McCarthy was harshly treated. He knows how to win games and set up teams to avoid defeat much better than Kenny.

20. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    So after Stephen Kennys team put in their best performance since his arrival Paddy Power are trying to stimulate bets on his successor. Probably on the troll again now that England aren't playing in a tournament finals. A total nothing story