1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Birthday caird pish

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Heartbreaking to say “this guy”.

Get a * grip.

3. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

You get grip and try keeping these posts in context when you are at it!

5. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Dry yer eyes man. You're blowing it way out of proportion with all that This guy' pish :52:

6. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Underqualified people tend to * things up more often and more spectacularly.

This guy * up 10 in a row, not once but twice.

The_Bhoy and Free the Adblock like this.
  7. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

In isolation I'd agree with you but if you go through the last few pages you will get the context of it.....

8. Bonobhoy

And so did the players,you know the ones that seem to be getting plaudits for beating Livingston 6-0.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

What’s your point?

We punt the entire squad because they underperformed when they were being managed by an utter dud?

10. Bonobhoy

Most of the * players should be booted the * out of the club,they let us down as much as Lennon and Lawell have regardless of his idiotic decision making this season.

But some * just have that much of a hatred for Lennon they wont see that.

Lennon didn't tell Duffy not to head the * ball in the defenders box,Lennon didnt ask that * idiot upfront to squander the easiest chances you can have as a striker and he didnt send out players like Ntcham to make * tackles in the box or not pass the ball 3 ft in front of him without giving it away.....all basic football knowledge went out the window. If it was deliberate then * them,they cheated us i dont like my boss,hes a * * but i do my job or i get kicked the * out....if it wasn't deliberate then shame on them for calling themselves football players when you cant do the basics.

Lennon has to blame for the tactics and * subs,Lawell is to blame for the scummy way he runs this club,along with Desmond who seems to be getting away with it because there is a chance he might bring in the so called messiah in Howe.

Many many people were to blame for this downfall this season....It isn't just 1 person thats to be called out out in this but to call him out like huns would with the treatment is a * disgrace.

Hate Lennon all you want he won us many trophies and was loyal to the core,that was probably his main downfall in the end.

Double Dutch likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Stop talking complete *.

Chelsea were playing pish under Lampard. They sacked him and got a proper manager in who knows what he’s doing and look at how much they’ve improved.

Too late though. The scumbag players meant to get Lampard sacked. Punt the lot of them because they couldn’t fulfil their potential when they had an under qualified manager in charge.

Do you think this current Celtic team is the only team to have ever under performed, only to improve when the manager is punted? It happens in every league, every single season. I’ve yet to see one club decide to punt the entire playing squad in the transfer window.

It’s an absolutely laughable suggestion. You say that people are letting their hatred for Lennon get in the way. But your love for the man has you making ludicrous suggestions and accusations.

Just accept that he took over a very good squad (9IAR, quadruple treble etc etc) and was so incompetent that he had us trailing a bog standard huns side by 15-20 points. Were the players poor? For the most part, of course they were.

But throwing the baby out with the bathwater is ridiculous and unfeasible.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Also, using Duffy as an example of players being incompetent and/or deliberately throwing Lennon under the bus is a weird one.

Lennon signed him.

The_Bhoy and The Phoenix like this.
  13. Bonobhoy

So he deserves the abuse? The sickening abuse because he lost us it? From our own fans? Its * Hun like and way you look at it.

I get he * it up like many others,but again, it was not only him that started our downfall.At times i hated his mangerial issues,like subs,poor setup and lack of emotion on the sidelines

And its my own opinion on these * players,i would Keep Soro,Turnbull and Forrest because they tried everytime no matter what was going on,and Forrest was injured he wasnt an issue...No * way will i give those players plaudits because they are beating teams now...and of course a club wont get rid of a full team,i only wish it was that easy.

And If Lennon was THAT BAD a manager and an utter dud as you say, i assume he just spawed it all first time around managing us? I didnt see many complaints back then....Ohh thats right we were winning agains teams like Barca.

He was Decent manager,not a great manager.....and it falls on Lawell and Desmond to remove him earlier that they should have this season.And when the Rat * off there was * NO one out there that wasn ready to take it on with that type of pressure and 2 months left of a campaign...but at last he had the balls to do that.

I honestly couldnt give a * whether fans want to blame him solely for this or not,that issue is always going to be up for discussion....the main issue i have is the way the guy has been * treated this season.

You look after your own especially what he went through for us in his 20 years here,and especially when huns have their fangs in him as well along with the media and scummy * with cellphones hiding away in a corner or wanting to jump over barriers to attack him.No one more than him wanted to win 10IAR,but it wasnt to be and he was part of it.

He was one of many that * the 10,he is also a human * being that suffers from Mental Disorders and Drinking....and yes seeing anyone like that that gave up a lot to play for us is sad as *.

* Forbid his situation gets any worse....

14. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

* this. People need to understand, the reason the players were all so *, was because of this guy. This guy loses dressing rooms like nobody's business.
    This guy did in fact * up the start and end of the attempted 10iar.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Peej and The Phoenix like this.
  15. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    No, it isn't.

The abuse Lennon has received from the Ibrox Klanbase - and other bigots in Scottish society - has been because he's an Irish Catholic from the north of Ireland. It's led to assaults on the streets, attempted murder on the motorway and bombs and bullets in the post.

Shame on any Celtic fan that would try to equate legitimate despair because of managerial incompetence with far-right sectarian extremism.

Actually there were many complaints back then.

Only enough, not long after the game v Barca, when we lost at home to ICT and Lennon turned on the fans, claiming he would "resign" if they didn't want him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/nov/24/celtic-inverness-scottish-premier

Jesus Christ... :rolleyes:

We were the ones doing Lennon a favour, not the other way round.

He was out of a * job after being dumped by Hibs, with his career in tatters, when the biggest and richest club in the country offered him the chance to manage the most talented squad in the country that was already well on its way to another title. Wow, what a * sacrifice.

Peej likes this.
  16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yes * bless his bravery for jumping at the chance to take over as Celtic manager after being punted by Hibs.

How were we worthy of such a manager?

As Phoenix said, this warped idea that some have that Lennon was doing us a favour is embarrassing. He was given a second chance after doing absolutely nothing to deserve it.

The rest of your post is incredible. Plenty of people had complaints about his first stint and were happy enough when he left. The job he did first time around was fine. One great European season, a miserable cup record, and 3 league titles - 2 of them when we had zero competition. All in all, pretty average stuff.

“Winning against teams like Barca”. No, we beat Barca once. Phenomenal result aye. But it wasn’t par for the course like your comment would suggest. A complete freak result, that some people are still clinging to 9 years later in an attempt to convince themselves that Lennon is a good manager.

I’ve said it before but, for the life of me, I can’t understand why some people take it all so personally when it comes to Lennon. Bending over backwards to find excuses for him. I’m assuming you don’t know him and he doesn’t know you. So why the * do you love the guy so much?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  17. Mr. Slippyfist

A-*-men, Sir!!!!

:57::57:

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The trophies we didn’t win under Lennon say a lot more about his ability as a manager than the trophies we did.

Crilly, ladbroke8, Taz and 7 others like this.
  19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :58:

Geez yer song good buddy

bagforlife likes this.
  20. James Gold Member Gold Member

Without even taking his consideration any previous clubs or gigs in management to lose the 10 from the position we were in when he came in is unforgivable. He had a great squad and all the tools left by Rodgers to win 10 at a canter but totally * it. I accept the huns have had a great season but I still can't buy the notion Gerrard is a good manager his bottle cracks under pressure last season shows that but Lennon couldn't even get us in a position to challenge this year.

It is possible to respect what Lennon has done for the club in his time here but also say he is a very poor manager who hasn't changed with the times

ladbroke8 and Peej like this.