1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Exactly.. some * bizarre comments in here tonight..

As for the banners.. this is a football club, if the manager is * up the fans have the right to voice their opinions.. if this affected the managers mental health maybe he shouldn't be in such a high profile and pressured job..

Again all this mental health is speculation, he could just be pished cause he wanted to get pished..

martin_d, Moore, seanm and 7 others like this.
  2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    All the more concerning that they deemed him fit for the position again if this was the case. Best thing the guy could do is move abroad to get away from all the bigoted scumbags, and dickheads with camera phones, and try and live a more peaceful life out of the limelight.

packybhoy and seanm like this.
  3. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom

Have a word with yourself

martin_d, AdamRS, seanm and 1 other person like this.
  4. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

If the fans had been in the stadium the abuse would have been a lot * worse than a few banners. If he’s unable to handle the negative attention which he clearly can’t, then that’s another reason why the board should have relieved him earlier in the season if he refused to stand down. His actions and comments as the season went on got more erratic and bizarre by the week - everyone outside Celtic park could see the impact this was having on his mental health. As an employer, Celtic have acted appalling here.

Rydo1888*, Moore, seanm and 4 others like this.
  5. davidhannah

There's nothing wrong with Lennon's mental health. He's got a snakey mate amongst his pals for videoing him to embarrass him. The guys had a tough year, and got pished it happens to the best of us. There's no shame or embarrassment for Lennon. He should hold his head up high. He's Neil Lennon.

He is strong to be so open about his mental health many years ago as he is now. More guys should talk about their mental heath to their GPs, families and friends, and not be apprehensive about trying anti depressants etc to reduce anxiety depression especially during this time, talking therapies as well CBT exercise. It can stop bad habits, save you jobs, help you push on, and save lives ultimately.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  6. jj81

The auld back hander , wouldn't even surprise me if you actually are David Hannah , you played as * as you post ya * gimp.

martin_d, M 67, Valhalla and 3 others like this.
  7. davidhannah

Aye whatever.

8. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yes you're right in the case of the banners his religion had nothing to do with it but when he was getting death threats, letter bombs etc his religion had everything to do with it. No matter what way you want to look at it Neil Lennon has been put through a * of a lot in his life and he deserves the support of the Celtic fans. Whether he is good or bad as a manager is irrelevant, im talking about Neil Lennon as a person.

To me he is showing the signs of someone going through mental health issues, I hope he has the support around him to get back on his feet. In my opinion despite this seasons huge disappointment, Neil Lennon remains a Celtic Legend.

Larsson 7 and seanm like this.
  9. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

You talk wan lot a * Davie boy.

martin_d, Moore, Valhalla and 3 others like this.
  10. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

:giggle1:

jj81 likes this.
  11. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Lines up with the reports that he was crying whilst drunk about not being offered the Celtic job after Brendan left. He wasn't in a fit mental state to take on this job, board really threw him under a bus.

seanm likes this.
  12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm not gonna start waxing lyrical about the guy as I can't say I'm much of a fan these days. Never great to see people look like a * while drunk, but I'm honest enough to say I'd have a right giggle if it was McCoist or something.

It's a non-story really but given the season we have just had, and the demeanour he showed, it puts more scrutiny on the guy than ever. And of course his past demons too, means folk are going to delve deeper into his state of mind, the last few pages just a snippet.

Whatever the script is, hopefully he gets a decent scran in him this morning.

13. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Can I just clarify that the banner I was referring to was the "* off Lennon" one which appeared. I have no problem with the ones above. I also did not blame the video on the banners???

The Irish Catholic comment was not connected to the banners. I meant the video on show will be pounced upon by the bigots who use any excuse to attack Lennon. I am not including any of our own support.

Some folk can change their pants now.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Only it wasn’t his mates filming him.

JML67, Gabriel, seanm and 1 other person like this.
  15. seanm

If id * up 10 iar and stayed on for money rather than standing down for the good of the club id be pished all the time.hes no chance of another managerial post.he needs more help and should know that ANYTIME your out someine will be filming you.get pished in your own house ffs.hh

AdamRS likes this.
  16. seanm

Needs help and needs to shift any hangers on from his social life. No Club will want him like this or the media for punditry.hh

17. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    * who film people when they are * are the lowest of the low. Probably one of my biggest pet hates . Can barely take a * nowadays in peace

18. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Aye that banner was the worst thing I have ever seen. A bit like the "* off Rod" banner

Over the years I have had harsher things said to me at work

Lennon has had one too many and people jumping on board about his mental health

Speaking from experience on someone who has had a minor form depression, getting absolutely steaming the odd time isn't always due to going through a dark time.

Anyone who gets steaming every now and then isn't an alcoholic or automatically seeking help

thailandceltic likes this.
  19. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I agree with you. I was trying to highlight the fact that because he was drunk doesn't necessarily mean it is connected to mental health. I was saying he'd likely be more affected by banners etc. I think the whole post has been taken out of context.

The Irish Catholic comment was to say people who hate him for that reason will use the video to batter him with.

Yoshi likes this.
  20. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Seen a few huns taking great delight over this. Strange bunch. Think they have forgot about a certain Mr Gascoigne

Just to make it clear, I am not suggesting they are on the same level.

Be thousands of people in this state over the coming months whilst coming out of lockdown, myself included no doubt