1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanm

*.* him.HH

2. seanm

Jesus.

3. leeso-ardoyne

Am I kidding. NO! Are you * kidding!!

Here we have some * who is clearly baiting Neil. Neil pauses and answers him without agreeing with him. We have some * writing out on twitter words he didn't speak, and all you * are creaming over it! Listen to him ffs. He's been asked a question live on air, he pauses for a split second and processing it as quickly as he can and probably doesn't want to make a * out of the person asking the question and answers it without agreeing with him. That's the facts of it! I can't believe yous can't see this!
    That twitter * changing lenny's words has you thick * all cuming in your panties wanting to hear what that * wrote. I can't believe how low our supporter's have fallen falling for this * with Lenny. Call a spade a spade ffs and stop letting some * fool you on the internet ffs. Fs look at the comment's above about Lenny from our own supporters here and the fact is, he never said those words. If you want, I'll type them out word for word in black and white and put them beside what that * wrote on Twitter. 2 completely different things said and wrote!

Now behave yourselves and see it for what it is! * reporting or some * baiting Lenny into saying something he didn't!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  4. leeso-ardoyne

Very good side! No mugs was his initial response after pausing. Not Yeah they where excellent, really hungry! It's crazy how yous can't see this! But I guess I suppose it's the sign of the times. I bet most yous sending that all over social media for your split second dopamine hit jumping on the band wagon slate everything Neil does!

Times like this we all need to have a real good look at yourselves and your own characters. The leagues over, GONE! And yes Neil should shoulder some of the blame but we dust ourselves and move on and put it behind us and prepare for the coming season.

With all that said, good to see Neil out of the house and moving on with his life. Of course he'll be hurting just like the rest of us but time to put it behind us all and push forward. It's what builds us into being a better club and better people! It's only football at the end of the day and while I'm * devastated at this season, I would never lower myself to jump on this bandwagon if slating Neil at every opportunity possible. We as a support are better than that or should I say I thought we were.

StPauli1916 and Mystic Penguin like this.
  5. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    It's daft of him but the guy told him they were in his group and getting man city and man United mixed up two of the biggest teams in the world right now is a bit different from getting two Prague teams mixed up. People are just wanting to get their pants in a twist about every little thing he does.

Mince.Charming and JC Anton like this.
  6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    People still defending him

GBNL csc

7. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    No it isn’t it’s symptomatic of not having a clue what your talking about.

It’s just another small example of not knowing the little details, the small details which can make or break a season.

We literally got absolutely pumped off of Sparta Prague, how that isn’t ingrained into him I don’t know as it gave the rest of us nightmares. It’s just genuinely embarrassing.

8. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Nuts and bolts

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It might seem semantic but that just shows how little prep work was being done by the club.

You'd have thought some research of the League (which would've shown up Slavia were Champions) would have been done.

This alongside the revelations of Kelvin Wilson & Marvin Bartley don't paint a very good picture at all and it's little wonder why smaller teams like Cluj, Copenhagen, Ferencvaros, Sparta Prague, got the better of us.

JamesM09 likes this.
  10. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

I could believe that he didn’t want to embarrass the person asking the question.

He got interviewed about 9iar and the interviewer mentioned it being Celtic finally matching Rangers 9iar. A minute later the interviewer says “I just got told about Celtic doing 9iar already, sorry”

Lennon replied “yeh I knew that I just didn’t want to embarrass you about it” and laughed it off.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  11. JamesM09

Sure, we can give him the benefit of the doubt..

But the issue is many of us said during the Sparta Prague games the problem was we hadn't done any serious research or preparation on them. It's been a problem throughout Lennon's time and you don't need to be a football genius to see it. Cluj, Ferencvaros, Sparta Prague.. all grossly underprepared for and all massive losses. It's been sheer laziness and arrogance.

Listening to it it seems to me Lennon thought it was Sparta Prague he played but wasn't 100% sure so didn't say anything. That sums it up for me. He's not a stupid man so he knows it was probably different, but he was far too lazy, arrogant and unprofessional in his approach to be totally sure.

12. JamesM09

It's no wonder at all. You can literally see it in the games. When we get the upper hand or make a sub their coaches clearly execute pre-planned changes to react.

Their coaches know all our players and our tactics, I'm fairly sure at no time Lennon could've named any of those clubs starting 11s.

There's an article out there with quotes from Chris Davies on the pre-match work that goes on under Rodgers and it's very impressive.

From memory Rodgers would have Chris Davies prepare a document for each match and hand it out to every player. I'm sure I also read they'd be quizzed randomly on their opposing number and if he's injured, who the back up would be and any extra instructions they had for the upcoming match. If they couldn't answer the questions they'd risk being dropped.

From watching us in these European games and the bemusement on Lennon's face when the opposition changes something, there's absolutely no way this was going on.

Honestly, this is why we need a DOF. Preparing these types of pre-match preparations should actually be above the manager's head. If he chooses to ignore them or whatever then that's fine but having an opposition scouting network and producing reports should be a permanent infrastructure job at a club like Celtic, much like cleaning the lobby floor each evening.

It should actually go a step further and we should be scouting these clubs fairly consistently even when we're not playing them. These clubs are our peers more so than Motherwell and Hibs. We should know them inside out and we're richer too, we should constantly be pinching their players and staff.

13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Well he should be pulling him / them up about their mistakes... important part of our history and they're not doing their job .

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm with @leeso-ardoyne on this.

I think the pause tells me he didn't want to embarrass the guy, and the live nature of the broadcast meant he then just went with the very good and hungry story. He is obviously looking for gigs and doesn't want to upset people, at all.

That * on twitter misquoting his words is an idiot.

None of the above condones his horrendous management and planning of course.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

One quite innocuous comment from Gary Neville of all places made me think about how unprofessional we've been under Lennon. He was talking about the United v Chelsea game (0-0) and how it was a 'good game for coaches' and lots of positives in terms of how the game plan was carried out.

He went on to talk about "the lads will be in for the video analysis as they would for every game..." and my mind just switched to Lennon's comment after that Prague game about rarely doing it.

We weren't/aren't doing the absolute basics of modern football training & preparation. That comment was so telling when he made it but still retained his duty until March!!! This is why we need a director of football for anyone wondering - no * on our board took notice of this lack of professionalism happening right under their roof. That level of negligence can't be allowed to continue...

The Phoenix, Keano88, seanm and 2 others like this.
  16. KevMan

One of the early favourites for the Sheffield United job...

17. Lewis Kerr

LOL

The best he could get is Scottish Championship/English League One

18. The Dude

I would be astonished if he were even considered for a job as big as that.

seanm likes this.
  19. StevieBhoooy!

Shows you how disconnected they are about what goes on in Scottish football.

seanm likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member