1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

Relieved it has finally happened, but hard to feel any joy considering this should have been done at the very LATEST in November.

We probably would have won the league. Our decline has been staggering to watch under Lennon. A complete shadow of the side we were a few years ago. He's taken us back to Mowbray levels of pish.

2. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    There is no question that Neil Lennon * up by not seeing and accepting what was obvious to us all long ago. But what is done is done now and I am going to say while he * me off this season not seeing the reality so much earlier I cannot hold any grudges against a man who has given so much to this club over the last 20 odd years as a player and a manager. In time we will hopefully find out all the ins and outs of what the * happened to put us in the stinking pile we are in right now but I will forever say thank you to Neil Lennon for accomplishing so much and standing up for and giving so much to our club for so long.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

This you and @Sean Daleer on your tea break?

seanm likes this.
  4. seanm

Lol same here pal.HH

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Scott Brown has been an integral part of every success that Neil Lennon enjoyed in both of his spells as Celtic manager, and the captain knows how much the Irishman will be hurting after resigning his position today (Wednesday).

It was Neil Lennon who maintained Brown’s position as captain when he first took over as Hoops boss back in 2010, with the team going on to win three league titles and two Scottish Cups before he stepped down as managed in 2014.

Returning to the club midway through the 2018/19 season following the sudden departure of Brendan Rodgers to Leicester City, Neil Lennon was reunited with Scott Brown, and helped bring further success to the club in the shape of two more domestic trebles and securing nine league titles in a row.

And the Celtic captain will always appreciate that success and the part Neil Lennon has played in his career.

Speaking to the official Celtic website, Scott Brown said: “It’s been a difficult season in a lot of ways, so you’ve got to feel sorry for the manager. We’ve got to take responsibility. It’s a sad day to see him leave but it’s because we’ve not been playing as well as we can on the park.

“Even after he left Celtic as manager the first time, we kept in contact all the way through, and it was great to see him come back.

'He was fantastic for me the first time around. He kept me on as captain, he gave me a lot of confidence. The second time he came in, I was a little bit older, and he continued to play me.'

“It’s obviously a hard decision for him as well to leave the club that he loves and that he wants to do well. He always wanted Celtic to win week in, week out, whether he was manager or not.”

This season, unprecedented in so many ways, with the campaign unfolding behind closed doors due to the coronavirus pandemic, has not panned out the way anyone connected with Celtic would have wanted.

There were some highlights – most notably the Scottish Cup triumph over Hearts at Hampden in December which secured the Quadruple Treble. But there was also an exit from the League Cup at the hands of Ross County and an inconsistency in the league campaign, which sees the team currently 18 points behind in the league with eight games remaining.

“It’s not been a great season to go down in our history books, but it’s one that we’ve got to take on the chin," said the Hoops skipper.

"We’ve got to start performing as well as we can for the remainder of the season. We keep saying that, but we need to try and get it done. We need to get back to winning ways, bring back the fans and bring back the pride in Celtic as well.

“Neil won another treble for us – he won the Quadruple Treble, which we picked up against Hearts, and he’s got great passion for the club.

“He’s supported Celtic his whole life and he wanted to play for this club – he won a treble as a player, as well as a manager. He’s given 15-20 years to this club and he deserves respect, and also praise for what he’s done for the club and the success he brought us.

“I probably wouldn’t still be captain at Celtic if it wasn’t for Neil Lennon. He kept me on after Tony Mowbray left, and he was a breath of fresh air when he came in. He was great with the lads, and we were fighting for him because we wanted him to get the job, and eventually he did get it.

'He was the one who started the nine-in-a-row, and he was the one who got us the nine as well.'

While the news of Neil Lennon’s resignation was being processed by the players, with John Kennedy stepping into the role of interim manager, preparations are also continuing ahead of this weekend’s game at Celtic Park against Aberdeen.

“One good thing about football is that there’s always another game around the corner,” Scott Brown said. “We need to get better, get back to winning ways and start making Celtic Park a fortress again.

“We’ve just got to take it one game at a time, and concentrate on Saturday’s game against Aberdeen. John’s done well over the years with the manager, with Brendan and with Ronny as well, and while I know it’s not the circumstances he would have wanted, he’ll take it in his stride.”

6. seanm

*.HH

7. Mr. Slippyfist

My * that is * embarrassing :99::99::99::99:

The Phoenix and King of Kings like this.
  8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    * :56::56::56:

The Phoenix likes this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You do on a regular basis pal, you just don't have the awareness to recognise that you're almost universally disliked on here.

I'll leave it there so as not to digress from the main point of this thread :50:

10. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

DEAR * ALMIGHTY!

Two villages are missing their idiots.

AdamRS and Keano88 like this.
  11. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    We've got this sir! Power awaits us..Game of Thrones Mark 2!

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

When you have time you'll need to highlight how I've made an * about what I have pointed out about the trust and fee's especially, just pop it in that thread, seeing as you seem to think you are the face of it on here.
    In the meantime I'll consider reinventing myself like some have done eh .. oh wait naw I won't as I find the ability to be honest and to not make up up anything about folk to be of real value when it comes to being taken seriously "pal"
    Apart from that you have really hurt my feelings, self awareness indeed lol. :56:

15. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Just goes to show that theres no-one thats really “in the know” apart from the people that make the decisions

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You are tragic. Enjoy your evening :50:

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

@TransferBhoy being the only exception of course

18. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I knew you couldn't back it up with anything.

I certainly will :bye1:

19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    * it feels satisfying seeing this thread in ex-players :100:

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Discerning eyes will see it; condescending blowhards.... apparently not.

I'd rather spend my time speaking to people that want to engage in civil conversation rather than tragic individuals who come on a football forum to project their unhappiness by 'dunking' on others.