1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

I appreciate your point and I do agree in principle. At the same time I feel some people are trying to play down the significance of Low backing Lennon.

It isn't just an insignificant football opinion. Lennon has been a huge part of the problem. It's because of people like Lennon abusing their privileged position in the hearts of the support that the board have been able to get away with the * that's led us to this point.

It also reeks of "Celtic Man-ism" which is the number one problem I have with the board. If the Trust cannot see that to the point where someone like that is leading the organisation then it cannot be taken seriously. Downplaying the toleration of that as, "well we can change it" while also asking for money is wrong.

It would be like backing a Republican movement that wanted to overthrow the Monarchy but the leader is pals with William so wouldn't mind seeing him in charge.

If the Trust wants to be taken seriously then remove Low now before asking for more support.

The Dude likes this.
  2. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    David lows lennons pal, he's always going to defend him. I imagine there'll be far more in the trust that disagree with him on lennons attitude and ability.

3. JamesM09

That isn't good enough. If that's the standard at the Trust for the person in charge then it needs change immediately.

4. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Catch a grip FFS.

5. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He's not actually known to staff as someone who reports members...

6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    :56:

7. Sgt Neppers*

This. Succinctly put. DoF will be in next. There's no reason for the board not to lay out their vision now.

Fear Dearg likes this.
  8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    They have a vision? But no doubt something will be rolled out soon mate, season tickets need renewed

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  9. The Dude

The only downside to his sacking is that the Lennon apologists have crawled out of the woodwork, eager to rewrite history.

The Phoenix likes this.
  10. Sgt Neppers*

Yeah no reason to hide anything now. Can release the vision, then DoF in a few weeks, then a head coach shortly after, probably around the time the huns get the trophy. Release new home top, get season tickets sold. A slow burner, but that's my two cents on it. But just communicate with us. Say what they Intend to do. If they do that, along with the correct appointments, a feel good factor will come back. People will be on board and spend money. But the basics have to be done and that's starting with better communication.

11. scootz

I wish him well.

Onto the next chapter - I hope it’s better than the last

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. Bonobhoy

No * way on earth could you stand by and watch the same abuse go towards Larsson if he * it up,hence the reason why we are going to struggle to get many people to look at this job.

Lennon leaving is far to late, and as a poster stated its like throwing the deck chairs of the Titanic.

The board have failed us and lied and need to be also removed now as nothing they said since November now has made any sense.

The players can go and * themselves as well for throwing the dummy out the pram regardless of Lennons poor management this season....if these * start now mysteriously go on an unbeaten record then shame on them.

Now we have our own Murty Parody with John Kennedy,another leech that wont leave. A board that for some reason cant tell fans whats going on but The Sun newspaper * does hours before,tinpot *.

We are in absolute * free fall now,because if people think that high class managers are going to take us on in this financial climate in this Shithole Hun ridden country,then ill smoke what they are.

Lennon you * it,The board you * it,the players you * it......none of you are getting of the hook with this.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I can understand your point to an extent.

He's obviously alluding to some nefarious things going on behind the scenes which could be giving him a different outlook.

When Dembele left on deadline day the optic was that he had done us dirty, with people calling him a rat etc. Within 6 months after Rodgers left and a few things came out, he was back to being a hero and our view on the matter was different. I think there will be a LOT that comes out in the wash this season over time.

The Trust is going through somewhat of a surge in membership with a lot of people (myself included) probably not being their standard stereotype legacy member. I think that can only be a good thing in the long-run with a plurality of thought & opinion.

Been on a few zoom calls so far and they've always been productive, respectful conversations between guys that want the best for Celtic. Their views on what that looks like all differ but they're all considered.

This might seem daft to some but I think if your views diametrically oppose that of David Low personally or the consensus of the Trust published on social media, that it's all the more reason to join. Join, put your point across, potentially persuade others and the path the Trust charts could be different.

Celtic supporters already own enough shares to have a significant say in proceedings (19%) but as they are dispersed and not put behind a single United vehicle, we are shut out from the conversation and bound to the decisions of Desmond, Bankier, Investment firms etc.

For me it's time we changed that and made sure that what has happened this season never happens again. Power should come with responsibility and accountability.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  14. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Whilst i agree and want to see an end to the “jobs for the boys” . Larsson is atleast learning management at one of the biggest clubs in the world and he’s not an ego-maniac that would hang on for dear life, if it’s not going right he’d step back.

He’s also played at a high level outside Celtic and will have worked under a tactically astute manager ( unlike Lennon, Kennedy & Brown )

In my opinion he’s did more to merit being part of our coaching team than the names I've mentioned above.

However he’s my all time favourite player and I’d hate to tarnish that. We should be aiming for the best manager we can afford.

15. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I don't know mate, Celtic is still a very attractive club and there are managers that thrieve on turning clubs fortunes around. I can see why people think it will be very difficult to get someone in through the door to manage but with the right resources, backing and plan I don't think it's impossible. Though we did lack in planning, resources and backing this year tonbe fair.

I honestly think we've a lot going for us in terms of attracting the right manager. Not based on this season mind you, but I think that there are managers out there that would happily have a crack at it.

16. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I said at the start of the month that I suspected there was a 3 months notice period in his rolling contract that meant he'd need to be told by the end of February that it was being terminated, or it would mean automatic renewal. I still don't know if that is the case but what's happened fits with that at least.

76mark likes this.
  17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yep, I'm not one for the doom and gloom like some one here, "not winning the league for years" "no manager will want the job". Nonsense..

We have had a disaster of a season but with the right appointment and strategy from the the new DOF hopefully I can erase this season from my memory.. thankfully I don't live near, see or have any dealings with Huns so I can block this season out haha.

Fresh start this summer.. but * the new regime need to hit the ground running after this seasons shitshow

76mark and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    At least anybody worried he will be here next season can breath. He's gone now and with Lawwell about to leave and Lennon gone I can try and be more positive about the future.
    I honestly think the club should announce a new manager and DOF soon, even if they take charge at the end of the season rather than this season. There will be managers who want to be at Celtic, they will see Rodgers and see what can happen if you do well

76mark likes this.
  19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Or advertising that stuff he's always chewing

20. Bonobhoy

We might be an attractive club,we have wolves in charge of it though.

Always comes down to finance,they want to keep us in the green but it comes at a price,the possibility of NO Europe and loss of League titles.

How many times over the years have we not spent in the summer to ATTEMPT to get into the CL and fail? What about 2003 after Seville? We stood still. And when the Huns died in 2012,we did * all but let a pheonix club rise.

Rodgers the rat,was one of the best and worst things to happen to us,he won us a lot,then * us in the end.He was available and wanted a ticket back down South,he used us to do that.

I hopefully want to be proven wrong, but i cant see many managers out there that want to attempt to turn us around with * buttons for money,especially when its a full new team we need,especially big known managers.

Guaranteed its gonna be Lambert/Maloney something like that.

Jeannie960 and bhoy_wonder like this.