1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Alot of understandable doom and gloom in here today.

But I can't agree with the assessment of alot of posters.

As @G_portillo correctly asserted, things in this game can change very fast.

No Hun on the planet (deluded or otherwise) would have imagined themselves in this position during the summer. They'd have bitten your hand off just to be keeping pace with us at this stage, praying for a derby win to catch us.

Look at it now.

Also look how we were under Ronny in his last season... ffs we were finding it hard to keep Aberdeen off our * most of the season... bang, new manager, new ethos, new beginning.

Things in this game can flip on a dime, for us, it starts with Lennon walking, and a new COMPETENT manager put in place.

I do believe that the Huns have been gifted a rebirth by our incompetence, but the notion we won't see a title for long time again is foolish.

We still have the financial upper hand (for the next year and a half at least) by a good margin, we still have superior players with superior values and we still have a better stadium, training facilities et al. Slippy is still a rookie and is NOT working the miracles pundits think he is.

As soon as a new manager comes in we have all the tools there to start winning again.

It's just a matter of how deep the board are willing to dig themselves into this hole before they see the situation as urgent as we do

Keep the faith.

2. Sydneysider

If the shitebags do win the title I think gerrard will be gone to the EPL.

Cant stand the rat, but he may have done us a favour by showing us that our recruitment and squad management is pathetic.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. honda

If? They are 7 points off winning it :56: its a matter of time. However yes, I hope your right because the guys an utter *.

4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I’m not trying to be all doom and gloom when I say winning the league next season is a massive, massive ask.

We see the work required to win a league as being put in over a 38 game season, but the truth is it’s often done well before kick off on the opening day. The complete collapse this season didn’t start with the first dropped points back in September - it started with missing out on easily obtainable transfer targets, signing players our previous manager clearly didn’t want, embracing nepotism when it came to recruiting staff, talented youth players being nowhere to be seen, long-standing fitness issues....I could go on an on.

The warnings signs should’ve been sounding when Sevco youths were beating our own, and fans more knowledgeable than me on the topic were on here openly stating that their youth setup was miles ahead. Again, it didn’t get there by accident.

Navigating through the CL qualifiers absolutely requires a strong and settled side. We haven’t even stopped the rot as of yet, never mind looked like building a decent side. I said after the last Sevco game that the time to sack Lennon was then and there (obviously said this for months prior too), not to salvage this season, but to save next season and I stand by it.

We haven’t just stagnated over the course of a year, we’ve written it off entirely. Things can change quickly in football, but that’s usually a product of either a) significant change in the run up to the change we see - as is the case in the Sevco turnaround, or b) a massive cash injection.

JamesM09 likes this.
  5. BigDoggyWoofWoof

It's got to the point where I just feel sorry for him now. He's clearly not capable of doing the job either tactically or emotionally, just put him out of his misery rather than embarass the man further.

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  6. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Duffy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Logged in just to call you a *

Keano88 likes this.
  7. Celticbhoy97

The current buns are set up to stop the 10 at Celtic park in March with just a draw am genuinely praying someone does us in our next two games just to avoid that.

8. ladbroke8

For a guy who's been at the club since 2000, player and manager for about 16 years of that needs gavin Strachan and his * Ipad to make basic decisions then to stand smirking post match as if he'd put on a masterclass but been outdone. Its a * take. Guy needs shown the door ASAP. Legacy tarnished beyond repair now

9. ladbroke8

Honestly no one is there mate, no one will remember it. No one will remeber Liverpool winning the EPL, Everton winning at anfield, sevco winning first title and so on. Its the no fans title. Not like its a big deal what empty stadium they win it at

10. celtic warrior

Just * off already.

Pandemic or not, he's a rotten manager and our boards inaction will kill fan attendance next season.

11. Sydneysider

Well you would know. " Favourite player ..." Brilliant...

Take your medication and STFU

12. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Wonder how many Celtic supporters will watch the scum on Sky clinching the title at Celtic Park.
    I wont.
    Hate saying this but now hope Celtic lose the next 2 matches so they * dont receive the so called honor guard from our useless team.

13. john2061

The image of Lennon putting his feet up and relaxing after we went a goal behind had the steam coming out my ears and he should have been on the touchline shouting at the players for their pish performance .
    The board got us in this mess by appointing Lennon and they need to get us out of it by firstly sacking him now and let any * take charge for the last few games as leaving him in the post would be unacceptable to the support .

14. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

The "collaspe" did not start this season, the warning signs were there for the most of last season. Beat the Huns In a cup final against the odds then plays exactly the same way the following week and got beat. Things got better at the turn of the year last season but I pit thay down to the players changing things after lennons so called heart to heart in Dubai. The board backed Lennon this season but he keeps playing players out of position to satisfy his own ego of selecting favourites. Last season papered over a lot of cracks, this season has just highlighted them

Dublin Celt likes this.
  15. john2061

I remember we won the league the game before we played sevco a few years back and sevco didn't give us a guard of honour .
    They even wheeled out ex captain Ferguson to say it not going to happen and it didn't .

16. Heb Celt

He could lose the rest of our games on us for the rest of the season and still be in the job and the crazy thing Is none of us would be that surprised any more.What a shambles.

17. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    The worst part of last night was that when Ross county scored I didn't even feel anything. In fact I was nearly happy as this little run he had gone on was just giving the board some opportunity to stick with this madness into next season. Good teams make their own luck and Lennon has us on the cusp of being turned over even in games where we are dominating. He has completely turned the club upside down. Squad full of players who don't want to be there, a youth academy turned to mush and absolute no rhyme or reason to who he is going to pick, what formation he is going to play. A good Celtic manager should pay his own wages with player development and European money. the cheap option has put the club back 15 years.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

18. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The worst thing about last night was knowing after Christie's sitter that Ross County would score and was just waiting until they did before turning off.

19. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Fully agree the inability to tactically break teams down (Cluj at home) has been going on for two years and was for me the cause of everything else (defending/ player form/ tactics etc). We didn't lose last night because we conceded a goal we lost because we have zero cutting edge and we should have been 3 nil up after an hour

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    That’s what I’m saying.

Wether it’s a collapse or a sudden turnaround, it rarely happens overnight, particularly when we’re likely to lose a number of key players this summer.