1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  2. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    * says he will be rebuilding team in summer :31:

3. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He can't rebuild his reputation nevermind a team

4. saltire78

I've come to the conclusion I'm dead! And that I'm stuck in purgatory! It's the only way this * continuing on and on and on makes any sense... :31:

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  5. Sydneysider

HALF !!! * me, Id keep three. McG, Laxalt and Kenny.

Scott B can retire and the rest can * off as they obviously dont want to play for Celtic..starting with Edouard, Bitton, Rogic, Forrest ...

6. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Totally agree. Worse than Mowbray, Barnes and Macari combined.

Lennon1888 likes this.
  7. oh bhoy

* off lennon !

RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Things can change fast in football.

9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    What are you on about with Forrest. He's been out injured for ages.

Keano88 and Crilly like this.
  10. Sydneysider

I had noticed. Heart of a mouse when he does plays espec against the scum, perennially carrying a * strain (?) and in the current season a very highly paid invalid since October.

Absolutely vital that we keep this 30 yr old prospect !. Medical retirement ?

11. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    Turnbull on the left, Rogic on the right and christie at striker. what kind of a joke system was that.
    *. OFF. YOU. GINGER. *.

12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Laxalt and Kenny? Seriously

13. Crilly

30 year old prospect? What are you on about? Hahhaha you must be joking, forrest has been one of our most vital players in the last day 5 seasons with a lot of game winning goals including to get qualification in Europe. In fairness he doesn’t impress really against the huns but does for most games that he features in throughout the season. And I’m sure he doesn’t want to be out injured. Bit of a mad assessment

14. Sydneysider

Yes. Id rather have an average player who wants to be here and puts in a shift rather than some chancer who only plays when he thinks a scouts watching: or our * office furniture passengers who think they cant be shifted because they are on over-generous contracts.

15. TheHappyLoss

For the love of Celtic gtf

16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Alot of understandable doom and gloom in here today.

But I can't agree with the assessment of alot of posters.

As @G_portillo correctly asserted, things in this game can change very fast.

No Hun on the planet (deluded or otherwise) would have imagined themselves in this position during the summer. They'd have bitten your hand off just to be keeping pace with us at this stage, praying for a derby win to catch us.

Look at it now.

Also look how we were under Ronny in his last season... ffs we were finding it hard to keep Aberdeen off our * most of the season... bang, new manager, new ethos, new beginning.

Things in this game can flip on a dime, for us, it starts with Lennon walking, and a new COMPETENT manager put in place.

I do believe that the Huns have been gifted a rebirth by our incompetence, but the notion we won't see a title for long time again is foolish.

We still have the financial upper hand (for the next year and a half at least) by a good margin, we still have superior players with superior values and we still have a better stadium, training facilities et al. Slippy is still a rookie and is NOT working the miracles pundits think he is.

As soon as a new manager comes in we have all the tools there to start winning again.

It's just a matter of how deep the board are willing to dig themselves into this hole before they see the situation as urgent as we do

Keep the faith.

17. Sydneysider

If the shitebags do win the title I think gerrard will be gone to the EPL.

Cant stand the rat, but he may have done us a favour by showing us that our recruitment and squad management is pathetic.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If? They are 7 points off winning it :56: its a matter of time. However yes, I hope your right because the guys an utter *.

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I’m not trying to be all doom and gloom when I say winning the league next season is a massive, massive ask.

We see the work required to win a league as being put in over a 38 game season, but the truth is it’s often done well before kick off on the opening day. The complete collapse this season didn’t start with the first dropped points back in September - it started with missing out on easily obtainable transfer targets, signing players our previous manager clearly didn’t want, embracing nepotism when it came to recruiting staff, talented youth players being nowhere to be seen, long-standing fitness issues....I could go on an on.

The warnings signs should’ve been sounding when Sevco youths were beating our own, and fans more knowledgeable than me on the topic were on here openly stating that their youth setup was miles ahead. Again, it didn’t get there by accident.

Navigating through the CL qualifiers absolutely requires a strong and settled side. We haven’t even stopped the rot as of yet, never mind looked like building a decent side. I said after the last Sevco game that the time to sack Lennon was then and there (obviously said this for months prior too), not to salvage this season, but to save next season and I stand by it.

We haven’t just stagnated over the course of a year, we’ve written it off entirely. Things can change quickly in football, but that’s usually a product of either a) significant change in the run up to the change we see - as is the case in the Sevco turnaround, or b) a massive cash injection.

JamesM09 likes this.
  20. BigDoggyWoofWoof

It's got to the point where I just feel sorry for him now. He's clearly not capable of doing the job either tactically or emotionally, just put him out of his misery rather than embarass the man further.

SteveyNico67 likes this.