1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Hopefully the support have moved on from that way of thinking and won’t accept it.

Professional management team or they can * off. No more 2010 * *. Fed up getting left behind by other European clubs because we refuse to progress with modern football.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Faithful through and through, unlike half you lot. GBNL

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Jesus * :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is proper toe curling. Take the whisky off him and tuck him in bed..

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

@Sean Daleer's loyalty to Lenny knows no bounds.

5. green-yin

Lack of money shouldnt be an issue. Desmond should be topping up the funds for our rebuild. Them * across the city have put in plenty of their own cash to give them their best chance of stopping the 10. I might be wrong but i think desmond will have a big part in steering us back in the right direction in the summer. If we get things right in the summer we will be top dogs again. Plus whoever wins the league next season gains automatic entry into the CL. Time to speculate to accumulate

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Insulting. I have a much better singing voice than that.

bagforlife and Seán Mac D like this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye he's deffo @moravcik1888 100%..

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That top is in more of a crisis than the club is.

NomDePlum likes this.
  9. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    You lot would all be singing out of tune as well if you couldn’t breathe coz you’re wearing your 12 year old sons top.

10. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Anyone else hear Derek McInnes’s interview after their defeat to Hibs at the weekend? Not a fan of his by any stretch, but listening to him take responsibility for his side’s poor form, and saying it wasn’t just the players, it reminded me that this is the sort of patter managers are supposed to say - stepping up and admitting mistakes for the good of the players, the fans and the club in general - and that we haven’t heard any of that from Lenny in a long time, if ever in this second spell.
    The least we should be expecting of him is that he drops the childish excuse-making and buck-passing. Utter coward.

seanm and Markos1972 like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. broonieboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song

seanm likes this.
  13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Why would anyone post that, * * :giggle1: and the Neil Francis Lennon patter is cringy as *.

seanm likes this.
  14. SuperZidane

100% agree. Desmond is above all a businessman - he clearly isn't interested in what the fans think but he is interested in them spending money on the club.

I'm sure that he realises that, as you say, keeping Lennon or appointing Kennedy would cause ST (and probably merchandise) sales to drop off a cliff.

I honestly have no idea what the "plan" is for Lennon over the next 14/15 weeks but, for whatever reason, I think that we are stuck with him (or Kennedy as caretaker at some point) for the rest of this season.

Frankly, I don't think there is any chance of Rafa or Lampard. The best person that we might just get is Howe (now that his long time assistant is also available). However, if the Newcastle or Palace jobs become available - he'll take one of those.

I think we'll end up with Jack Ross, Steve Clarke or taking a chance on someone from Europe (not Ranginick I'm afraid).

celticdaft238 likes this.
  15. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    I'm convinced it's because they don't want to pay him off. There may also be a bit of loyalty at play (letting him go at the end of the season rather than sacking him, to 'save face'). Could be miles off with that mind.

Also think there's no desire to bring a new man into the shitshow that is this season. And why would any new manager want to see out a season that has gone so horribly wrong? Better to start with a clean slate in June.

honda and Hammy89 like this.
  16. Dubliner1

John Kennedy is NOT in the reckoning for the managers role. The club have been have been speaking to certain individuals in recent weeks regarding next season. Some of those names have already been mentioned on here. Looks like the new structure will have a DoF in it. Are we going to get candidates to leave their current roles in England and other candidates who want to come to Scotland is the biggest obstacle

17. Dubliner1

The the next appointment will also have to deal with the current covid debacle when planning ahead. We are not living in normal circumstances. Moving to a new area is not as appealing as it was previous unless your family comes with u. Difficult times ahead for everyone which does not seem to be disappearing any time soon

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Biggest obstacle to any new manager or attracting any new new especially an established manager is the way this club is being run...

Peej likes this.
  19. Mr. Slippyfist

We managed to bring in Rodgers under the current set up.

Granted there might have been mitigating factors, but they showed they could bring in a top level coach WHEN they wanted.

That's the problem, they only do it when they want and not when it requires.

Sean Daleer and thailandceltic like this.
  20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Absolutely.. everything we seem to do is a reaction or to fix something..

Also with Rodgers I think he knew what he was doing too.. I don't think he was getting too many decent offers down South and knew if he came up here and won trophies it would put him back in the shop window.. it worked, soon as a decent offer came he was offski...

That's where we seem to be as a club, a shop window or stepping stone.. Going to be very interesting to see the next appointment.

DOF and an up and coming couch is my guess..hopefully not Kennedy