1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Of course we should try and win, but I don’t care.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’ll want it postponed until next season so he has something to shout about as the huns romp to 2 in a row.

3. Sgt Neppers*

* frightening that there's a prospect he could be here next season.

MagicBallBhoy and celticdaft238 like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Journo's need to keep asking him in person every time there's a press conference about this "Review" on a consistent basis until there is some sort of further acknowledgment from the club...

6. Mr. Slippyfist

:56::56::56::56::56:

7. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

id bet our board are of the opinion we need to cut costs and who better to have in the manager post than a yes man

if theres no fans at the stadium next season what we gonna do about it ?

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Haha very good.. El Papa Knows

Rydo1888* likes this.
  9. Sgt Neppers*

No doubt that'll be on there mind and a factor. The board seem totally indignant and clearly thought this would pass. In fact its gone even further than they could have imagined. Wouldnt surprise if they buy the Lennon and Lawell bullshit of there was a few rotten eggs in the squad, let's get them out and rebuild, hence lennons comments.
    The silence and lack of communication is awful and only leaves doubt, uncertainty and club open to ridicule.

On the other hand, surely the new CEO wouldn't want to start his era with the black mark of the past regimes * show. He would be starting of on a hiding to nothing. That's why I believe he'll go in the end....or that's the hope I'm clinging to.

Lennon out.....

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    There was a rumour I saw on another forum the other day and it said PL wanted to sack Lennon but Desmond said naw. PL then tried to go down the mutually consented route and Lennon no way. Sounds like the type of thing you could imagine Lawell saying :87:. If its true it shows how much power that * Desmond has

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Everytime I hear going 23 points going ahead, my blood boils for this useless * of a manager.

Shouldn't have looked but had saw EPL City are 1/4, then decided to look at SPL, they * are 1/1000, still got 4 months to play, * embarrassing.

I can't think. Of a season like it, it is easily worse than any of the 90s that I lived through and was subjected to in the stands.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Imagine the biggest shareholder having power.

I doubt it’s true anyway.

Smithy likes this.
  13. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    The worst points difference between ourselves and a team playing as The Rangers franchise this millennium is 6 points. That's the most a Hun team has finished ahead of us in 20 years, and that was the Tony Mowbray season.

To put this season into context, even if we win all our remaining games, which includes two games against them, we'd stillbe 11 behind the scum.

James Mc, Wee Baldy and King of Kings like this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'll never be able to accept "cost cutting" due to Covid as an excuse from this board/club.

They've bleated on for years, over a decade, about how well run the club is, how we are one of the only clubs in the whole of the UK that wasn't in actual debt etc.
    We regularly matched up in the top 30 Deloitte list for finances, till basically the EPL and La Liga drowned the rest of Europe out - our finances still very healthy for our level though.

Not accepting "cost cutting" as their excuse to keep this diddy of a manager, not when other clubs around the world are all able to sack and hire different managers, still able to sign players etc.
    We get we won't go out splashing cash, but by * we can't go from being one of the best run clubs in the UK, to being * scared to change managers.
    If it was THAT bad for us, trust me there would already be a few clubs in the top league in Scotland gone bust, and we can all guess who would have been one of the first.

15. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Well, he does own 35% of the Ords, 54% of the Prefs and 63% of the Convertibles so in fairness he is entitled to a say

16. murphy88

We didn't actually play bad against Ferenczvaros. We created enough to win the game and dominated for the majority. The biggest problem was that Lennon decided to leave two strikers on the bench and play with none. After the game, he called into question the commitment of some players, and then the * hit the fan.

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    We didn't look right in the games before the Ferencvaros games either though. We were absolutely shocking away to Kilmarnock.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  18. JamesM09

Yep. There was clear problems from the moment we came back. Clearly the extended break had removed the last of Rodgers influence on the squad. It was Lennonball from then on and we've been suffering ever since.

Even if we beat Ferencvaros we would've lose the next tie or the one after that.

19. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Losing against that Ferencvaros team was unforgivable. Not only were they rotten, they were blowing out of their arses after 30 mins. They literally kept giving us the ball. Embarrassing.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They hadn't played for 2 month's or something like that if I remember right..

They were goosed before half time after a good start. Then second half we were all over them but just needed a striker on..

The wee clown waited til they hit us on the counter with about 15/20 to go and it was done..

Slaw and Ciaran_67 like this.