1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I just cant imagine Lawwell being daft enough to have put in any clauses to give him a bonus should he win the 10. Not one without a get out clause for incase he * it badly.

Say what we want about PL, he aint that daft and Lennon didn't have that sort of sway at all.

His pay off will just be the remainder of his years contract, get him to * already.

3. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Laxalt is a loan player and should be sent back. This is half our problem, being reliant on loan players does not let you build and have continuity for the start of the following season, like the European qualifiers

The Phoenix likes this.
  4. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    I've been * since half time yesterday so sorry if it's already been posted...

5. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I genuinely can’t believe he wasn’t summoned upstairs after the game and told it was over.

The agent and lawyer could then sort out his severance package at the beginning of the week.

I now firmly believe that the board knew if we did 10 then that would be the end of TRIFC as it would have demoralised them and they are technically trading whilst insolvent and would have folded. It would then have taken the third iteration of the Ibrox club at least five years to get their * together. In that time as Celtic strolled to further league success, interest would diminish and so would sponsorship etc.

There can be no other reason why they have stood back and let this unfold. Loyalty and not wanting to let others gloat are reasons that should have been ignored or dispensed with months ago.

We now have to live with 55 and the celebrations like we have never seen before. All those treble pull outs in papers we never saw, treble treble documentaries, quadruple treble history making magazines and tv specials that never appeared, well just wait till the majority of the population get to celebrate their team putting the Tims to the back of the bus again.

The Celtic board, current management and players have the financial buffer and bubble of not having to mix with “the peepul” on a daily basis so they will largely be immune to the onslaught. The common supporter won’t.

I hate them for this meek capitulation. I hate them for their arrogance. I hate them for their inaction. I hate them for ignoring the obvious. I hate them for their lack of effort. I hate them for taking the support for granted.

It is also to the detriment of the financial performance of our own club. They see so much in the “rivalry”, but can’t seem to grasp the catastrophic collapse in the income from Celtic fans who will turn their backs in their droves due to this criminal inaction and lack of competitiveness. To not remove the manager immediately yesterday is further proof that the current board are beyond not having a clue, they are complicit in this freak show of a season and are fully aware that the world is watching and they don’t care.

Lenny must go, Lenny should have been gone in August, October, November or at any juncture so far. The fact that he hasn’t been “mutually consented” is a disgrace.

They are all a disgrace.

Shame, Shame, Shame on them all!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  6. ddub11

Unfortunately we seem to be a club that takes players on loan very often.I get what your saying regarding continuity but we will always get players on loan like most clubs.

I suppose in some ways its a good thing as with likes of Duffy,also some of these loans come with an option to buy after the loan period.As for Laxalt imo he,s not bad,certainly good enough domestically im not sure what some people expect giving the budget we operate under.

Lets be honest we would all like proven quality players brought in but they cost money we dont have,so we take a punt on players who are on the cheap and hope for the best.Laxalt is about as good as it gets with the budget we operate on so we may as well get used to it.

7. wulliebad

Loan players are a great way to work.It lets you try before you buy.Imagine if we had actually signed duffy:55:.But we got FF and eddy and some other crackers back in the day.But having said that you also need to use the system correctly,buy option should be in there,also you need to remove those from the team that are *,don't be scared to drop a player because he is on loan. And we should limit the amount of loan players we get so these is more stability in the team.We should never gets to a window and lose 30% of the team because all the loans go back.

8. StevieBhoooy!

They will be pretending that their club is 150 years old next year...

Im utterly demoralised myself with the antics this season and the collapse which as you say looks almost engineered to keep the ‘rivals’ alive...

If our club has ANY spine it will get itself sorted out and get season 21/22 won to not only start a ‘1 in a row ‘ for us again ... but to stop them celebrating anything in their bogus milestone anniversary year.

9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Does PTT still have the Lennons gone tweet up ?

10. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not saying we should nt have loan players but we have been too reliant on them. I'd you bring a loan player in you not only want him to be that quality player and go straight into the team and bring something we dont have, thay is our failing. Bit I do lile the idea of bringing in loans with the option to buy, gives you time to assess a player and make a descision on buying him before the season ends allowing the player and the team to be prepared for the next season

ddub11 likes this.
  11. SteveyNico67

Thank Christ Duffy was a loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. SteveyNico67

“Lennon admits that Ferencvaros defeat and his comments afterwards were pivotal moments but while a large group of fans want him out, he’s planning for next term”.

Emmmmmmm

In that article I’ve just read he’s bumping his gums about shaping the team for next season

Is he living in denial or am I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I know I remember there was talk of us trying to sign him permanently before we got him on loan. Thank *. Though I'm questioning if he really is a bad player he's shown to be or just another victim of Lennons coaching or lack of

14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Yeah but he knows as much as me. * all.

The Phoenix likes this.
  15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If he stays at least I'll know I'll save £60 on shirt.

Fiferbhoy1991 likes this.
  16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Can't understand if there is one place the club should not skimp its with the manager. The right manager should pay his own wages. Lennon for example has probably cost the club the guts of 15 mill on edoaurd alone

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

17. JamesM09

Of course. That’s how you know it’s not money it’s control. They’ve given Lennon enormous financial backing just so they can have their man running things. Sickening.

They would use every penny this club has to keep themselves running things.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  18. dmccourt95

Why the * has he no been sacked yet

19. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    One more sleep until Lennon is out

20. DonnyCelt

Why wait until Monday to sack this *.