1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

At this point we could lose 10-0 to Whitehill * Welfare and he'd still still be here, nothing to see here lads, players are clearly not up for it, pitch is rotten, changing rooms a disgrace, how dare you question my managerial credibilities. do you know who I am ?

Crilly, Slaw, Hammy89 and 2 others like this.
  2. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    As I said i think those comments are from Friday . When he also said he didn't know anything about Dominic McKay coming in.If he was staying here longer you would have thought that would have been discussed with him but * knows. Yeah he thinks getting rid of the players will solve everything

3. mayo

As a few have said in here clear as day after losing 4-1 to Sparta he wasn’t going to be able to turn it around.

Think there was 5 points in it at that stage. All to play for. Man for man we have a better team then them and we all know how they handle pressure.

Can’t believe he’s done us like this.

4. murphy88

I'll confess to finding that quite funny, but probably because it was another team's manager and not ours. Can you imagine Rodgers doing that? Or Rodgers sitting poolside in Dubai having a jar with Brown? It just wouldnt happen. We have gone from a complete professional without standards set sky high, to a complete * who is stuck in the dark ages when it comes to management.

5. Paul McAuley

I * hate him at this point. Hes hanging on for cash. Say what you like about Rodgers he’s never sabotaged the club.

The board anaw. How long do they leave it. Until half way thru the summer window? Out of Europe or 9 points behind?

Fan ownership is a must now.

cat123 and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  6. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Why the * is this * talking about looking forward to a rebuild in the summer? As bad as the board have been this season I couldn't fathom even them willing to stick with Lennon another season so either hes beyond deluded or hes deliberately trying to antagonize the media and fans with that pish.

Peej likes this.
  7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Just garden leave him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Heb Celt

Unsackable,here to gift the Huns the 10.

9. Paradise88

Neil Lennon staying at Celtic is a greater betrayal to the club than Rodgers doing a runner

10. SuperZidane

I think so. I'm not reading too much into these comments - Lennon also claimed that it was the media that were calling for him to go and not the fans.

The guy is delusional - he has talked BS about most of our performances this season and taken no responsibility for anything - even with Lawwell (Peter shouldn't bear the brunt of this season's failure). It's been the players, Lawwell, COVID, the fans, the media and the Scottish govt - nothing is ever Lennon's fault.

I honestly think DD knows the reaction he'll get if he keeps Lennon - especially if the fans are back in stadiums.

I just wish we would get some clarity - is it Lennon until May? We should be told and more importantly - tell us who will be in charge next season before Season tickets are renewed.

Personally, I'd give it to Kennedy until the end of the season (unless the new guy is available before then). I doubt any of the players really respect Lennon ( a lot probably can't stand him) - hardly surprising after the number of times he's thrown them under a bus.

We have only won 1 game in 6 this year (against the bottom team) so I think its worth giving Kennedy a go.

I honestly don't think Lennon will be rebuilding anything this summer - I'm more concerned about the new manager and when we'll know.

Mickmac, JamesM09 and celticdaft238 like this.
  11. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Getting rid of Lennon now would be best thing for the club in another way. It would give the new manager, whoever they are, time to bring in new players, get rid of deadwood and allow us the chance to win the league in 2021/22 season. If THAT happens we qualify directly for the CL Group stages in 2022/23 season due to the coefficient Scottish clubs are at right now.
    Currently they are in 14th place (Scotland as a group) but will be 11th the following season.

celticdaft238 likes this.
  12. Heb Celt

I don’t want any player leaving,just want this management team out the door ASAP so we can restructure for next season and maybe even win the Scottish cup and hump the Huns a couple of times.

13. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

His comments are from Friday, from a separate interview with the Sundays

Calm doon

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Are we likely to announce his departure on a Sunday..?

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    He won’t be staying until next season, that’s for sure.

The support is as toothless today as it’s ever been. We can’t even get into the stadium to voice our opinion. We aren’t toothless when it comes to season ticket renewals however, and they won’t get half of this years uptake if they don’t sack him.

They will sack him because if this, it’s just criminal it’s taken so long.

16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I take it the halftime bust up wasn't true either? Would have been leaked to the press by now I would have thought

17. murphy88

The 4-1 home defeat was definitely the beginning of the end. I remember watching it and when the 4th went in, I wasn't even bothered because I thought that was the final nail in the coffin for Lennon and it would have gave us a chance still to turn the league around by bringing someone else in.

Lennon feels like he deserves a lot more respect than he is getting due to what he has won, and deserves to stil be in the job for this reason as well. The fact is though, Rodgers left us in a good position, all Lennon had to really win was the Scottish Cup. He wouldn't have had to do much with the team because they were flying at the time. The levels of professionalism would have still be ingrained through the team. The longer Lennon's has been here though, the worse we have got. Players will get away with a lot more with Lennon than what they will have with Rodgers, and I think that is showing. The atmosphere appears toxic, and the winning mentality has gone. These players who would have had complete respect for Rodgers don't have it for Lennon, that much is clear. I said at the time when Lennon got the job we should have been aiming for someone the same level as Rodgers, instead we went backwards, and now every single player has done the same under Lennon.

18. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Im absolutely flabbergasted here.

My girl is "what's wrong?' and I was utterly speechless for about 20 minutes.

Why is this * talking about rebuilding protects and how he's excited for the summer?

GET TO * OUT

JamesM09 likes this.
  19. jambo_cfc

Ah didnt realise that was from friday , dominic mckay is a fan like us and realistically has no affiliation with lennon like lawwell does ! Genuinely believe when he comes in lennon will be away if he is not before ! I respect guys like holt and dyer who held there hands up and said listen this isnt working i think someone else needs to come in !! Look at martindale at livingston , shows what a new face or different methods can do ! In his interviews he sounds rough as but they way he speaks is class! Players would run through a brickwall for him ! His comments on the boy that went back to cardiff showed hes on the ball , they brought in a lb well before the boy was called back because they had a hunch he might go back to cardiff early and they wanted someone intergrated into the squad before it happened.

20. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

He will end up being a Sky pundit critising Celtic and the Celtic support to stay relevant....just like Walker and Commons

theweeman and JamesM09 like this.