1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Remember him at Hibs in the 5-5 game at Easter road.....running on the pitch with his arms out ....what a tool he is.

2. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'd give it to a random homeless guy, still do a better job than lennon.

* you to the useless ginger *, you have * the club in a way beyond anyone's imagination.

mickey95 likes this.
  3. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He's looking forward to the rebuilding job, goody.

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Those comments about him rebuilding the squad were made on Friday I think. he didn't even know about Dominic McKay coming in either

5. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    He is very calm in most of these post match interviews. It looks to me that he has been given reassurance that no matter how bad it gets his job is secure until the end of the season.

PiotreQ likes this.
  6. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Also, do you think he’s totally oblivious or just in denial about how the supporters feel about him as manager?....

Twisty likes this.
  7. Sydneysider

Or maybe he is resigned to his fate, just waiting for confirmation that a new manager is coming in.

8. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    After reading NL's quotes about next season today I honestly think that they are sticking with him for the rebuild.

9. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

A new * shed and conservatory hopefully.

theweeman and s'escocès! like this.
  10. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

They will need the cheap option with the lack of season ticket cash.

11. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What I can’t understand is what the board view as the “line in the sand” where a manager needs replaced. Papped out of Europe twice? Ross county? Losing both hun games? Embarrassed by Sparta twice? A run of 8 wins in 24? Being miles behind the huns in jan? Getting beat for the first time in 30 years by st Mirren at home? Fans protesting? Dubai? * football? I don’t get it.

12. SkyeCelt

An open letter to Neil Lennon projected on to the stadium.

13. JamesM09

Edouard, Ntcham.. wasn’t he suggesting Ajer at one point?

Because we signed Soro, Turnbull, Ajeti and Duffy.

Look, it’s total bollox. Some players want away - that’s the reality when you have quality players. He’s failed to manage that.

The reality is it’s not been anywhere near the biggest problem this season. As I’ve just shown he has plenty of replacements brought in at large cost. Saying the players don’t want to be here is just a weak scape goat to hide his own failings. Because it is never Neil Lennon’s fault.

If the players you mentioned had been sold, Lennon would be using that as his excuse instead.

Every Club deals with wantaway players. If a manager can’t deal with that - to the extent he’s TWENTY THREE points behind in January and embarrassed in Europe - he’s not fit to manage.

Tommy25, theweeman and Jmac402 like this.
  14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    No way he's here next season, not a hope in *.

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I remember listening to a podcast with Ronny being interviewed. He said before that semi final against the huns he was thinking of chucking it because the players weren't playing for him anymore. This * in the dugout however seems to think getting rid of the players is the answer.

16. CountyDownFaithful

Those comments about rebuilding the squad are horrifying.

Get him to * right now. Nobody wants you as manager Neil. You’ve outstayed your welcome by several months and your legend status has evaporated.

Tommy25 likes this.
  17. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

I came on here this morning fully expecting to see Lennon has been sacked, not resigned cause he doesn't have the decency or self respect to do that. Instead i see on Celtic TV its business as usual with the post match interviews, blah, blah throwing the players under the bus, Scotland even. So we're being told as wee weans to shut and keep watching turgid pish from now till the end of the season, and maybe even beyond. Are they * insane ? The Celtic support will not stand for this and they've seriously under estimated our ability to leverage OUR position, whatever form that may takes and there are multiple.

Tommy25 and Crilly like this.
  18. JamesM09

I think he’s just looking out for his own ego.

When Lennon is eventually let go, he will spend the next 10 years of his life pretending everyone overreacted and ‘you get no time in football’ or some * like that. He’ll act shocked when he goes.

You see it already when he tries to claim he’s won 12 trophies in a row or his 5/6 trophies patter. Anyone with any sense can see Rodgers team carried him to a treble but he’ll still shamelessly pretend he’s a good manager.

19. Al Bootyerbaws

At this point even if they said he was away in the summer at least that would give folk a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Every game we drop points it blows my mind that he is actually still here.

Los Palmas 7 and Artorias like this.
  20. jambo_cfc

His comments i read this morning are extremely worrying ! Its as if he has been told that he wont be going now or even next year ! But at the same time if it is a rebuild why has he not been given funds to sign in this window if they know he will be here !
    I honestly think tho he thinks he is not at fault and that it is the players ! He will be thinking hes won this and that so it cant be him ! My worry is if he has been told hes staying then you can forget the DOF because lennon will not want that as he will see that as he has failed !

celticdaft238 likes this.