1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Hes a * clown, get him to *. All this "signing" talk, * bullshit, seriously taking us for mugs. Theres never been such a disconnect between the fans and the club in my lifetime.

2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Course it is. “Review in New year” in hope we win the cup and beat or draw with Rangers.

Ok hold review until we beat Hibs and Livi. Doesn’t happen.

Ok review after Livi away with first team back. Draw again so doesn’t happen.

Right only a few days left of January if we beat Hamilton let’s do the review we will say we can’t sack him as we just won :56:

The_Bhoy and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  3. ddub11

The longer this * goes on the better the chance he,ll stay.The one positive out of all this was he,d go but even thats starting to look like it wont happen.What a depressing thought,we go through this * with the real chance we,ll have the same next season.
    Its like covid,ye think it we will return to normal in a few months time and when the time comes its still the same.

4. david100825

I fear the story will be COVID really impacted us - how can we go from a treble to this? Lennon may win the Scottish Cup, we'll go on a bit of a run and it'll be hailed as progress.

This is grim.

5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Even if this were accepted, then the board should walk for not ensuring the club and players stuck to epidemiological protocols.

6. jambo_cfc

Think we need to realise he is here till the end of the season ! I hate to say it as i actually cant stand the man anymore but it is clear he will get the season just with the way hes talking ! The shining light is that there will be a new man at the helm for next season!

Even last night thought we were slow and passed up too many opportunities! I think this is the way we will have it till the season ends im afraid!

i think there will be a massive rebuild from top to bottom which can only be a good thing !

7. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Where did you hear this mate

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This could and should be done now. Judging by the lack of incoming transfers, not even Lawwell believes Lennon will turn this around. I'm just (pleasantly) surprised Kennedy hasn't been promoted to manager.

9. jambo_cfc

I am also but i think they hope lennon can go out on a high and win the scottish cup or rebuild some of the damage done with the fans ( beyond repair for me ) i think they will already be in contact with the person they want but he either wants to wait till the summer or he may even be attached to a club who knows !

10. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

As far as I'm concerned he can go and have a pint and a few laughs about how he put himself first and * over the fans and club with Judas and the Rat. Thats his new * "club" , he might still be the Celtic manager but he's never a Celtic legend. Players like McStay, Larsson, the list goes on and on, they're Celtic men and Legends.

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Assessing a squad takes time, and it's best done as soon as possible. A manager that wants to wait on that process is an idiot, or waiting for more appealing options elsewhere.

If the manager is attached to a club, then the delay is obvious: our board won't pay the money.

I'd add a third possibility: the stunt Lawwell pulled with binning applications of candidates 2 summers ago is publicly known, and managers just don't want to deal with our board. So, there is no one interested in the job.

Lennon could repair some of the damage by resigning, and openly disclosing the details of his talks with DD, Lawwell, and admitting who really picked the XI. This would be enough-ish for me.

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I would much rather see Kennedy take up the managers role until end of season than persist with Lennon.

There’s a decent chance that he’s part of the problem and needs to go too, but there’s also a chance he’s not. Giving him the reigns until the end of the season would at least let us answer that question. It’s not as if there’s much in the way of downside risk.

The_Bhoy and SuperZidane like this.
  13. Sgt Neppers*

Last night was turgid. Got the win but it was poor. His subs are * baffling. And the fact Griff still can't manage 90 mins and we're almost in February is shocking. What's happened to Ajeti???? He's being ruined.

He should be using the squad in general better now the leagues done. Welsh, Connell, Ajeti and Klimala, Dembele all should be playing more. They would be more likely to burst a gut as they wanna play and keep their spot.

Lennons worse than inept. Hes * awful. Last night is now the template for the rest of the season. The review is meaningless. It will be a fob off regardless with this idiot in charge.

14. stew37

What a * shambles. Can't believe the way this is developing. I don't actually want any new signings because that would suggest they're even considering keeping him on next season. Haven't listened to any of his comments after the game, switch the games on just before and straight after, sick of his pish.

15. wulliebad

Celtic thought they were being clever with the review as it would buy the manager some time to turn it around.We are now not any better and in fact worse because all players have returned and we are still *. So how do they now review and make any sort of claim there is light at the end of the tunnel. I expect some scabby statement with very little info in it other than lenny is brilliant,and covid killed the 10. * you DD.

16. SteveyNico67

Can I have this week’s lottery numbers as well?

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Agreed. Now is a good time to try bleed some of the youngsters in. A big overhaul needed in the summer so some of these boys might get relied on more and a lot of the “first team” will be away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  18. SuperZidane

Absolutely agree - as far as the fans are concerned, its clearly not if Lennon goes but when. Damien Duff raved about Kennedy as a coach - I have my doubts but there's only 1 way to find out. The league is gone and Kennedy has the same chance (at least!) of winning the cup as Lennon.

Lennon is just aggravating most fans with his pressers now - why not give Kennedy a go? If we really picked up under him, maybe he deserves a go next season - if not, well now we know.

If DD's plan is for Lennon to go at the end of the season and just give it to Kennedy - he can forget any expenditure from me for a long time (and I doubt I'll be the only one).

As you say, it's not like we would be risking a lot - it's Kennedy who loses as, if he doesn't get a go here - he'll have to try a lower club to prove his credentials as a head coach/manager.

King of Kings likes this.
  19. TransferBhoy

There will be announcement tomorrow which will confirm Lennon leaving. So I’ve been told...

Not had confirmation of whether that’s immediately or at the end of the season.

Don’t shoot the messenger

20. JamesM09

The person that told you that is just guessing.