1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

The only reason he is still here is because of Lawwell and Desmond’s incompetence.

Going into this season they didn’t have a Plan B if Lennon failed.

Lennon should have been sacked months ago and they’ve still not managed to secure a new manager in that time.

Now they are wanting until the end of the season. #ShootTheBoard

2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    The only balls he's interested in are golf balls.

3. Keano88

End of year review.

- You’ve spent £30m over 3 transfer windows whilst keeping basically all the first team players bar Forster, yet the team have regressed massively.

- 23 points behind in 10IAR season.

- Humiliated in Europe by Ferencvaros, Sparta B and Sparta A.

- Record breaking cup run ended at home to Ross County.

- Your use of the squad is terrible. You didn’t use Soro or Turnbull until fans protested.

- You don’t watch games back to see where the team can improve.

- Keep up the good work Neil.

4. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I don't understand the logic behind not sacking him because we're rebuilding in the summer.

Dortmund are in a similar situation but it didn't stop them getting rid of Favre and appointing a temporary boss, because it wasn't working at all under him.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  5. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    should never have been given the job full-time in the 1st place, going from a manager like BR to Lennon should have set the alarm bells ringing, and in hindsight it was proven correct. but we are where we are.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Any Board worth their salt would have had the wheels in motion long ago.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Getting rid of him would at least take away a part of the problem and ease some of the anger at the minute..

The player's have chucked it under him. It would at least give them a chance to work under someone else for now also..

Delaying this is doing no one any good..

It's just gonna get more toxic from the support and the player's will be utterly demoralised that it'll take longer than a summer camp to come back from..

Getting Lennon out would take some heat off. Lot of anger still towards the board and other's but it would help for now..

Even appointing McCart and integrating some more kid's and giving them a chance....would be beneficial..

8. Delivery man

Fav Celtic Player:
    Caeser
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Probs been said before, imo Lenny would have been gone by now if the protest at CP hadn't happened the tory * have dug their heels in so not to be seen to be bowing to mob pressure.

I've not had a season ticket for a couple of years and really feel for the season book holders just now... The only way to hit these cnuts is in the pocket only thing is this also hurts the team but for the long term success of the club the season book holders and wider support must hurt these tory cnuts where it hurts most their pockets.

9. Sgt Neppers*

Today should spell the end of any notion that Jack Ross is the man to take over from Lennon, with such a massive rebuild as well.

10. MusselburghBhoy Gimme danger, little stranger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Momo Sylla
    Correct, found it utterly baffling that he’s been 2nd/3rd favourite at times. Utter *.

The_Bhoy, kristof and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

I just cannot fathom out something, and it follows on from the first line of your post:

The board aren't idiots (maybe to some though), but being the ones in charge who do hold the cards with the club - why aren't they even "scapegoating" Lennon by sacking him? They have a chance to deflect blame from themselves by a percentage and get rid of him, but haven't. Even if they were trying to protect him or whatever, they can do that with finances give him a decent severance package. That isn't happening (thus far). What is actually going on?

We can have players coming out and saying how much respect they have for Lennon etc, but come on man you don't have to be an idiot to know that that dressing room is fractured and it is doing the squad absolutely no good knowing they will be going into the next 4 months knowing that the league is gone and (even if Lennon stays to the end of the season) that the manager will be gone at some point very soon.

I do have to say I have been very vocal against Lennon (admittedly over the top at points), but for *'s sake the pressure has got to Lennon as a man. It's been bad enough most of Scotland, and further, against him over the years but now even we as a support are against him. He says Celtic is his life, well come on man this surely isn't how your life is meant to be.

Please man, for his own sake, as well as the club, he needs to leave immediately and just let us get on with trying to repair this utter * show that has gone on this season. We as a club need to repair more than just the team on the park - we need to repair the fracture between support and official levels at the club, we need to repair fractured relationships with other SPL clubs Lennon has slandered in the media, we need to repair our reputation over a broad spectrum - that DOES include media, and even our relationship with the Scottish Government caused by our extremely poor choices during this pandemic, and especially with the words spoken in Lennon's meltdown(s) in press conferences over recent weeks.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's bizzare. Almost like they genuinely don't have a clue or care about what's happening..

The player's can say they have as much respect for him as they want but I don't buy that for a second..

I've seen our supposed captain to be contradict and question his tactics pretty sleekitly post game's pn more than 3 occasion's..

I've seen Ajer completely go against what he's said
    Edouard asked to be left out game's
    Ntcham a clear dislike between the pair
    Ajeti clear attitude anytime he's been subbed for him and now can't even get off the bench
    Seen it with Mo as well

That's just off the top of my head. Why would they respect him? He threw 'several' of them under the bus after getting us knocked out of the champions league by Ferencvaros..

We never recovered for me..

Why would Turnbull and Soro respect him? They've been ready for age's..

When you lose your player's, you lose it all..

He might be waiting for a pay-off but his standing should mean more at this stage. It's genuinely gone past the point of repair for when he does eventually leave now. He'll be a joke figure to them and an embarrassment to us..

He should've bowed out and asked for calm whilst we looked for candidate's to take over. He's left us in a sorry state..

Our board did back him to be fair but where they have majorly, majorly took the *...is how long they've willingly let this drag on. They've almost run away to an island and bounced from all the negativity. Theyve shown zero leadership when it was required to sack Lennon. That and the 10 is on them. It was doable still but they chose to stick when the twist was on..

Both parties are a disgrace. They make me sick how inept they've been this season of all season's..

13. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

I would seriously go with Broonie as manager until the end of the season. I know he kind of goes into Broonie mode on the park but I think his press interviews he comes across as calm and measured and he also knows the dressing room inside out. Who's is in need of motivation, who needs some confidence building, who couldn't give up a * etc. He is an extremely valuable asset in my opinion in times likes this.

14. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    He'll end up managing in some backwater if at all

He has become our Fatsally at this stage

SuperZidane and Jeannie960 like this.
  15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

are u joking ?

hes part of the reason were * aswell

no for me, came on the other night and got himself sent of within minutes

why the * didnt we blood someone into the his role before it got to the stage he couldnt do it and the team suffered as a result

its been * poor management from the club as a whole for a few years not just this season and this manager

16. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

No, not joking, his footballing career is clearly over but worth a punt a a manager for the rest of the season.

17. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    couldn't do any worse tbf

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Scott Brown as manager days after he’s getting sent off for elbowing a boy.

Aye nae bother.

freitassen and SwissCelt like this.
  19. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

* was asking for it, whats your problem sis ?

seamus1967 likes this.
  20. murphy88

To be fair, I'm no sure teams would go into a season with a backup plan if their manager fails. Probably because you don't know who is going to be available should that happen. The board should have been looking for someone back in October/November though, that's for sure.