1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Satire or not it's in very poor taste as too close to the current reality.

2. SteveyNico67

What worries me is if so many fans knows we’d be better off without Lennon and his rubbish management - the silence from this board is deafening.

I’m giving them till 5pm to sack Lennon.
    If not, I am downing tools supporting Celtic for now. Sick to my back teeth of these same problems resurfacing every game because our manager can’t change it.

thailandceltic and celticdaft238 like this.
  3. jambo_cfc

I expect some sort of banner up at celtic park soon or even i wouldnt be surprised if another protest wasnt far off

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I'm not even sure we will come 2nd at this point. 3 points from 12 and I don't see it getting better any time soon. We won't even get a Europa league spot for 3rd,it will be conference

5. ddub11

Any body think its a simple case of lenny not leaving because he blames the board for the mess and is annoyed as us but wont leave because he wants the board to suffer for not giving him the freedom the manage the way he wanted to?

I mean i want him gone like anyone does and im trying to work out why he still here.I think its a standoff with him and the board.Perhaps he feels hes unfairly getting the blame for the mess while its the boards fault?

Not for a minute am i defending him or trying to justify his bad management,just trying to get me head around how he can still be here after such a * show,i think theres a lot going on behind the scenes that we dont know about.

seamus1967 likes this.
  6. TransferBhoy

Protest in cars outside Celtic park. In

cas79 likes this.
  7. stew37

We're giving folk plenty of ammo at the moment, I'll expect more * like this.

NomDePlum and Peej like this.
  8. Sgt Neppers*

Always thought there was a limit that if it was crossed he would be punted. Dropping points in any of the 3 games in hand was one of them. Now I'm not sure. Seems as if NL has free reign to do and say as he pleases, without consequence.

Like you, if we have heard nowt by 5pm, then I can assume the parasite will be here until the end of the season. What a * grim thought that is.

Listening again to his interviews last night. He sounds angry being asked questions regarding his future and performances. So much so he believes he's done nothing wrong. Almost goading the board to sack him as he won't walk. Going back to limits of this farce, of it doesn't happen today, I have no idea what the limit of his disastrous season will he. That's truly worrying.

celticdaft238 likes this.
  9. ddub11

Mate at this stage iv given up on this season(yes even Europe qualification)im more concerned that hes still here next season,thats truly worrying.

SuperZidane and Peej like this.
  10. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Any links to the full post match interview?

Los Palmas 7 and seamus1967 like this.
  11. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    nah your smelling us mate were honking

12. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Yes too close. I fully believed it at first.

From that site...

"Soccer on Sunday is written by a footballer who currently plays in the Premier League. Because the stories poke fun at players and managers the author knows personally, he has vowed not to reveal his identity until he retires from playing."

It seems like everyone who knows him is saying the same thing.

A sad fall for a Celtic man who was once held in high esteem.

NomDePlum likes this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Agreed and I've made noise about this the past couple weeks.

The fact he's been here so long and had a hand in developing do many keepers, all but two are failures.
    He lives off some unknown reputation at this point.

Let's be honest, Forster and Boruc are different class. Boruc came in like barkas should have, international caps and straight in to the side. We even had both Forster and Boruc on loan at first to make sure they were up to scratch - or woods didn't need to do much with them.

Hazard, Mullen, doohan are all 20-22 and neither look remotely good enough, woods has been here throughout their development - that's proof enough to me he's not very good if he can't make one of these three get a game before this disaster of a season.

Previous to that you've got a host of keepers who have came at an age still with development time, but some have came and left without ever warming the bench.

Lennon is a disaster of a manager and had truly * this club. The fact he is still here and the board haven't done anything about it suggests now that they all know this is their last season and final pay off from Celtic. If not it should be. And not a penny more should go in to the club while these men keep control.

From Peter lawwell all the way down to Stevie woods, they all need sacked.
    I'll excuse the youth and development staff (basically odea and McManus at this stage) since they've not really done anything wrong, still young and learning and not like they've got a * reserve league to be able to do anything other than basic coaching drills with the fringe players.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

14. jambo_cfc

I can honestly say ive never hated a celtic man up until now ! Neil lennon is that man !! He is always causing a lot of hate towards christie as everyone can see he is a weak link and last night he was dreadful as was duffy but he takes turnbull and aher off !!

15. jambo_cfc

The man is a lier , he said if thing didnt work he would walk !! Now he saying he would havve to be sacked ! Basically two fingers up to the fans aswell as the board !! Unless he knows the club cant afford to sack him he seems very cocky about it !

SuperZidane likes this.
  16. Martybhoy53

A mercenary who doesn't give a toss about the club or supporters.

17. oh bhoy

just imagine leonardo di caprio's depiction of jordan belfort

Peej likes this.
  18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    * SURELY today is the day :31:

Graeme1888 and DonnyCelt like this.
  19. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    He's like a smelly fart that won't go away.

20. SuperZidane

I know that you are not defending Lennon.

This is his problem - no manager with any integrity would allow their assistant/coach to be dictated to them. Can you imagine trying that with Eddie Howe - he'd tell them to gtf.

Lennon was out of work and accepted Lawwell's conditions because he wouldn't have got the job if he didn't.

That's on him - he accepted the conditions - he accepts the responsibility.

ddub11, Peej and celticdaft238 like this.