1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Covid isn't linear.
    Just because three tested positive meant 8 isolated one time. Does not mean that the next time 3 test positive means only 8 isolate as well.
    It's all very dependant on the circumstances and who was a close contact at the time.

As Lennon himself has stated, it's from the plane and the "rule" is 3 meters or 2 rows forward and 2 rows back (I'll assume to the side will also count here as I'm pretty sure covid is not directionally retarded).

It's nothing to do with anything else. That easily could be up to 12 people just from the plane, if he's sat on a bus coming back to Celtic park next to someone different again, there's another.

The government's across the UK have handled this pandemic pretty * terrible in relation to other islsnd nations, but let's not pretend the Scottish government is suddenly all anti Celtic and out to get us.
    They very well may be * and anti football fans, we all know that. But they get * all benefit from * us over.

------

As for the "whataboutery" of the boligoli scandal, the sheep, Killie, whoever, each one needs to be taken on its own and remembered that at the start of the season we were getting used to this bubble idea and since then things have been amended where needed.

13 players and staff out is on Celtic, no one else.
    The restrictions and rules were not changed to suddenly make it 3 isolating to 13 in a mad "aha, gotcha" moment.

Any reference to a change in guidelines from Lennon is regarding coach travel AFTER we returned, in relation to the fringe players who had to attend these last two games....is AFTER 13 have been told to isolate.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

King of Kings likes this.
  2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Was using what you posted to make a point to the two I’ve tagged, I tagged them, it was aimed at them not you.

Tim-Time 1888 and Marie like this.
  3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The government don’t have the best interests of us or football, but they aren’t telling Celtic to shut their mouth or they will shut the game down.

That’s boarder line criminal.

4. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah, after Marty's post and reading your post again I seen that, apologies....that's what I get for skimming over posts.

MacEwan likes this.
  5. Onefootwonder

It's based on the seating plans of the buses and planes for both the U-21 and us.

Unless the U-21 trip had a significantly bigger plane all to themselves than we did, with better distancing, then yes if you have three cases it should result in far more close contacts than one case.

It sounds as if everyone was in agreement that the U-21 players didn't have adequate spacing, yet still had an outcome with close contacts far better than us. They were criticised for having so many close contacts, but we have broken no protocols, but have a far worse result. There is no criticism of our protocols.

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    All she had to say is that’s irrelevant to today’s proceedings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joemc likes this.
  7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

No problem, I do it too!

Marie likes this.
  8. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    No coincidence that the people who believe these iPhone notes and Whats App walls of text are avid Phil McGobbledegook readers.

Keano88, joemc and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    As @Seán Mac D says though. She should be waiting to hear something factual....rather than going off of a couple of pictures, which she did at first..

Doesn't seem very professional from her..

10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Tbf Marie Mac23 hasn't even aimed at you far less shot you :97:

Ah that explains it - gullible is a fair assessment after all @MacEwan23 :giggle1:

MacEwan and Marie like this.
  11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    They threatened to shut it down after the Aberdeen stunt this is yellow next is a red ... she then put in place need to wear mask walking about pub she then refuses to do it where’s her yellow ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    T'is sorted :101:

MacEwan and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    That’s just it though - she hasn’t acted on it, in any way shape or form. She’s answered a question asked of here, while correctly highlighting that she doesn’t have all of the details, and left it there, while reiterating the guidelines.

I have absolutely no issue with her mentioning the possibility of breaching guidelines based on the pictures released. The immediate thoughts of pretty much everyone that saw them would’ve been a) have they breached Covid restrictions, and b) for Celtic fans at least - what a bunch of * lying about the pool, pints in hand, days after our season effectively ended.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

She's a law graduate, she knows (or should do) that making comments/judgements without knowing the full facts of a situation is an unwise thing to do for a person holding the highest political office in Scotland.

The 'she was just answering the question' argument holds.no water. She declines to answer questions on a daily basis, when she doesn't know the full facts.

Had they not jumped in 2 feet to give the press their salacious answer they would have seen that Government approval had been sought and granted by Celtic, which should have been where they went if they had any issues.

15. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Of course the Dubai trip shouldn't have occurred and of course he should have resigned months ago due to the team performance but he's made some very valid and correct points about the government, media and politicians using this as an opportunity to score points for themselves using our club. As for the way he's done it I couldn't give a *, he's telling it straight to these * the way it is.

16. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Reading the rant, definitely comes across better than watching it, there's no doubt some valid points in there regarding double standards etc However for me, and I'm not a fan of him, the Andy Walker stuff was embarrassing, Walker played with the club twice and has been a CeltIc Supporter all his days, I might not like or agree with most of the stuff he says as a pundit about us, but that doesn't change the facts. Asking him for an apology for asking Celtic to apologise for the dubai trip, after our CEO has already issued an apology for the Dubai trip is mind boggling!

Rant, double standards, politicians, Andy walker aside, Lennon is forgetting we have been abysmal all season and its whats going on, on the park thats the major issue, which he should be holding his hands up for and stepping aside. Not concentrating on off the park sideshows.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

That's where we differ then, I don't think it's her job to comment on 'possible breaches' of law.

It's not Loose Women where you get to give your opinion on what's happened that week.

She holds the highest public office in Scotland, her words carry weight and it's prejudicial to start commenting on things that haven't been fully investigated.

Through the Joint Response Group they had a clear path to do that investigation but instead of declining to answer the posed question and defer to investigation by them, she decided to jump in with both feet and score some political points.

18. Sgt Neppers*

All a sorry * show that with every passing day harms further progression for the club, divides supporters and tarnishes our reputation. Not even a few wins will cover this up. Its toxic and beyond repair whilst NL and PL remain. All eyes on DD now.

19. joemc

You really believe he picks all the players , listen its not as black n white as your trying to paint it , no one can say this season has been normal , its been horrendous and yeh mistakes have been made , but we are all capable of doing so , you can't just dismiss points made that do have a big impact on us, your answer of ra Masons, ok your saying its a worn out excuse im guessing, but a simple look tells you rangers have conceded no penalties and been given wot double figures , how many in games at nil nil idk , and they have produced no positive covid tests to date , you would have to say thats extremely lucky , but thats not the main point , things have gone badly this season for many reasons , its easy being the underdog less expectations, the hardest thing is to stay on top time and time again , there are many issues causing the problems not just the manager , but he took responsibility for the trip and spoke very well about the * atm .

20. Sgt Neppers*

Would have held more weight if he did it at times when it's needed to be done. Media/ref circumstances should have been highlighted ages ago. Not when your in last chance saloon playing whataboutery.

He played a bad hand, badly. As has PL and DD. No thought, planning or cohesion. Much like our playing style.