1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I don’t give two * about Scotland or their congas, Neil.

I do however care about Celtic, and the giant riddy you and your pals are giving me on a daily basis.

2. truedub1916

There’s a total difference to the Scottish team
    They played a game, stayed in the bubble

we went to a holiday resort in Dubai. The manager had pictures with holiday makers ffs

there was 0 reason for us to be there 0

3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    That “bubble” also made us lose players, as they had to self isolate after the internationals. There is very little between what Celtic did and Internationals as a whole, in fact going as a to another country probably has less risks. Considering the fact international squads come from all over the place to play for one team, that in itself is more of a risk.

oh bhoy likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

If you can’t see the difference between influencers and an entire football club that we support then there’s no point entertaining your opinions.

It was wrong to go that’s the bottom line. It’s wrong to spend that money on a Dubai trip when we are watching our team rot, paying £500+ for a season ticket we can’t use and they’ve just put the U18’s on furlough.

It was wrong to take Jullien.

It was wrong to put themselves in a situation where they are going to vulnerable to a media onslaught.

Most of all, it’s wrong to come back and double down. He’s absolutely * it. Letting his emotions get the better of him again.

markybhoy1976, seanm and connerm57 like this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    20210118_170314.jpg

I tweeted JP taylor to say last week "i dont trust tracj and trace how Helander can go on a coach and sit on a bench then get a positive test and have zero close contacts yet our 1 guy has 16 identified" and he liked it! Looks pretty much like that was the case

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Would people * up about “uh, uh, but the government said it was okay go”. Use your * brain.

Legally, it’s okay to do a lot of things during this lockdown but the government would still rather you didn’t. You can go a walk with your mate from another household, but the government would rather you didn’t.

The trip to Dubai was legal, but I’m sure the government weren’t buzzing about it. It’s not * rocket science.

The fault is completely at the door of the club. Nobody else.

7. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Bang on

seanm and connerm57 like this.
  8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Really don’t get why people are trying to compare this to the Scotland team.

It’s completely different scenarios altogether, never mind one of the teams actually stayed in their bubble.

seanm, Graeme1888 and connerm57 like this.
  9. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Been as raging as any * at this whole sorry state of affairs, but if the gov have shafted us AGAIN then am glad Lennon has came out and slated the *

Doesn't change the fact we have been a fyckin shambles top to bottom since the start of the season

seanm likes this.
  10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Do you think the trip was ATOL protected like? PL and DD didn’t just haul 30 tickets out his back burner on New Years Eve and tell the squad, the planning of the trip was probably planned, bought and paid for last year if not the year before, like the last umpteen times we’ve went there. Was all shots and giggles a few years back when we were there and our fans ripping the pish out of the huns doing ice baths in wheely bins eh.

No I can’t see the difference, between a football club and a load of “influencers” and celebs, in fact I find it repugnant that a club gets pulled over the coals yet these morons are allowed to go in their droves, party then bring the virus home with them. What it tells the public (the you and Is of the world) is that if you have cash you can do what you like, everyone else can go * themselves.

Because the seasons went to * you think cancelling a trip to save money because of a mess the SFA have made is now the boards fault? Go ask the SFA why they cancelled the reserve/unders league, ask them why they are unwilling to entertain U20 teams in the lower leagues, that’s why Celtic or other teams can’t invest in youth, as there is nothing for the youth teams to play for. That’s anti-football anti-development sitting firmly at the feet of the Scottish football authorities, you can’t pin that on a * trip to Dubai.

11. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    if only he had shown the same passion while sitting, arms folded in the dugout as he did in his wee press briefing.

The_Bhoy, seanm, TheHappyLoss and 2 others like this.
  12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I don’t see a double standard.

I would be disgusted with everyone involved if they tried to use the ‘he could’ve caught it in Glasgow card’ as an attempt to allow his close contacts to not have to isolate.

The government gave them the nod to go ie it was in the rules. They also publicly asked people not to travel, particularly internationally, even when it was within the rules.

This is entirely on us. All the Scottish government have done is apply the rules exactly as they should be applied.

Orsenfelt, seanm and connerm57 like this.
  13. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

is it 2 new players from isolation group or is 1 of them juliene ?

who are the new covid infected ?

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I feel like you’re conflating a lot of issues here, most of which have nothing to do with Dubai.

Wether or not the trip could be refunded or not, or when it was booked, is entirely irrelevant. The fact is money was spent, and we were left with a very obvious choice that was both stupid and ‘immoral’ in the context of what’s going on here, and the financial realities that include furloughing our under 18’s.

We made the wrong choice. We weren’t punished for it - the rules were simply applied that allowed us to minimise the risk of spreading the virus further.

rickyroma25 and MacEwan like this.
  15. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Honestly theres a small bit of me that wants to back him against the media and critics in this situation even though hes entirely in the wrong and has ruined our season and obviously deserved to be sacked months ago. Like yes hes acting a *, but hes our * and everyone else can * off.
    He does seem like a man who knows hes on borrowed time so here's hoping.

seanm likes this.
  16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Except we didn’t. We’ve made repeated references to breaches.

This is entirely on us, and pinning the blame on the Scottish government for following procedure just feels daft.

17. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Sorry Lenny , watched the very short clip on BBC Scottish football and I think a dignified silence would have been better.

seanm likes this.
  18. Celticbhoy97

Hun Legend, done more for Sevco to damage us than they could’ve ever dreamed of.

He’s not for leaving aswell after conceding the title more or less in today presser.

When you are evicted from your role never darken our doors again you parasite

seanm likes this.
  19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The Dubai debacle is just the cherry on top of the * cake, a nightmare of a season and it's still only January ffs lol.

20. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Again - not the point.

seanm likes this.