1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Pure conjecture. He was a very good player and highly regarded in the Premiership. You nor I have the slightest inkling of what he would or would not be offered.

Sydneysider likes this.
  2. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Always did like Lennon but it's more so all post matvh interviews and stuff this season comes across as if he doesn't give a crap , he's constantly thrown the players under the bus questioning their commitment but kept playing the same players through our probably worst run of form (results wise in the last 30 odd years since I've been watching) and basically not took any blame, there's been many times so far when the club should have fired him this season thats where I feel all the anger has came from

TheWolf likes this.
  3. JamesM09

And we don’t have the slightest inkling what his salary was at Leicester or Celtic, so let’s not pretend we do.

What we do know is he shouldn’t be the Celtic manager right now and any decent Celtic fan would’ve walked months ago to save the 10.

littlekennie likes this.
  4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thats him. Passion, commitment and trying. Zero tactics, plays, plans, subs, * all. I remember his first stint we had players holding a number up, a different cross type and play used. Not now. Christie punt n hope.

5. SteveyNico67

BBC sport’s main Celtic headline still isn’t ‘Lennon leaves Celtic’ or news to that effect.

I’m refreshing hourly.

ede, mayo, Sgt Neppers* and 1 other person like this.
  6. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It was widely reported at the time and you will see a report from a paper quoting the transfer that I posted earlier saying that he took a paycut. Unless you have some kind of quite to the contrary I will take my view as prevailing.

As for him walking - yes he should. I'm not disputing that. This season has been a disaster and he needs to go.

7. wulliebad

DD and lennon.

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Don’t think he was any better than what we had at the time regarding that we had lambert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Is trying one of his traits though is it really ... if you look at the big picture if he was really trying he would implement these things I think he comes across as lazy in his management now ... as a player though could add those things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honda likes this.
  10. SuperZidane

He did a great job for us and that should never be overlooked. However, he was 29 and had been with Leicester for 4 years when he joined us - I don't remember us fighting off any other teams to sign him. I don't think its likely that any of the giants of the EPL were going to buy him - if any of them were interested, they would have done it earlier and could easily have outbid us in terms of transfer fee and wages.

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye your right actually. I really hope we get someone good in soon so we can get some excitement for Next season.

12. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Keep refreshing in hope :55:

13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Been doing that for the past 2 months :43:

14. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Still no news whatsoever. I am an idiot for thinking every night something positive might happen tomorrow. Whether its Lawwell or Lennon I hope one of them goes soon.

BTW does Lawwell need to be voted out in an AGM or EGM?

bhoy_wonder likes this.
  15. truedub1916

If he’s going it has to be today or tmrw
    There is no way, or certainly no reason why they would bring him back for a game then let him go. It simply does not make sense
    There is no better time to part ways then now

imagine if he came back and we won well on wed.

16. JamesM09

I'm not disputing he took a paycut (although a paper reporting it without evidence doesn't make it a reliable source). I'm saying that 'taking a paycut to come here' and 'making financial sacrifices to come here' are not necessarily the same thing.

As a basic example, he could've went from £35k p/w to £30k p/w but reliably estimated he would be here for 5+ years on that salary, therefore technically taking a paycut but making far more money.

It's fairly clear to many supporters now that Lennon cares little for the club or the fans and is only interested in himself, as EVERY real Celtic fan would've walked a long time ago to save the 10 for the rest of us.

Paper talk about him supposedly making a 'financial sacrifice' to come here sounds like the typical 'Celtic man' bullshit we've been fed over the years. I think it's time we stop regurgitating that * to defend the character of a man who can do nothing but patronise a support putting thousands up to back him.

17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It does make sense. It would look like they were sacking him for results that happened while he was isolating, and not directly in charge. They can't do that as they are just as much to blame for the Dubai trip as he was, so they need to wait until they can say it wasn't Dubai related to cover themselves.

18. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    He was a great player. Very different from lambert and complimented each other well. Dont talk *.

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Is there even a rumour he is leaving..?? I see a few of you saying your hitting the refresh button ha.. is this just in hope or has there been anything floating about Glasgow rumour wise?

Absolute madness If he's not gone before the end of the season.. worst season I can remember as a Celtic fan..

20. Sgt Neppers*

Havent listened to him in a while, but his press conference today should be interesting enough. Is he gonna be apologetic for Dubai, is he gonna concede the title, what's he gonna blame for the past 2 games, any response to his pal Hartson saying he should go. His demeanour will hopefully provide insight to when his departure is.

Even announcing he's here till then end of the season would clear a lot of things up.

JamesM09 and thailandceltic like this.