1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jj81

Doesn't seem real does it?

Disaster after disaster, knew lennon wasn't the man but I voted I'd back him , let's be honest with the players and oomph we though we had we would have had anyone as manager.

Look at the state of us, and it's easy to say , "oh you wanted him back " to folk

Of course feelings sometimes take over what's best , I never wanted him back , now it's tarnished, same as I wouldn't want larsson back as manager incase it went * up.

Board
    Manager
    Players

In that order imo

Keep soro, turnbull, calmac ( I know) and me as kitman, I'll throw a few rockets up their spinchters.

2. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Even the fact that Lennon and Kennedy are in quarantine for the next week means we won't be hearing from them, convenient for them to hide from the balls up. For once in my life I hope the press conferences leave no prisoners in questioning the state of affairs at Celtic when they hold them.

Rydo1888*, The Dude and Artorias like this.
  3. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Unfortunately you are almost certainly right. If you assume that the folk on here are probably the more critical and discerning element of the support, I've already seen quite a few saying 'aye, i'm very * off, but i'll probably renew anyway' then we should probably not expect much from the mainstream support. A lot of happy clapppers out there for Liewell (who looked * ancient btw in the i/v zesterday) and DD to exploit....

Wee Baldy and JamesM09 like this.
  4. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song

You're absolutely right.

The thing is, they'll probably take that out on us as well!

If we don't renew because we're unhappy, they'll sell all of our most valuable players to fill the huge hole in lost revenue that they themselves have created by causing this unhappiness.

seanm and theweeman like this.
  5. The Dude

You can guarantee that Lennon will go on the defensive. His attitude is stinking.

6. JamesM09

My exact take on it too, but I’ll keep beating the ‘don’t renew’ drum because it’s a simple and effective action - and it will likely be harmless even in the short term because change would occur so quickly.

The challenge is to change what ‘Faithful through and through’ really means to the support.

theweeman likes this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If Lennon is here next season, not many fans or players will be.

A good chunk are already wanting out. A few more will be right behind them.

With all the * that's went on the last few years, specially this season, can't imagine many players will be falling over themselves to come play for Neil Lennon in Scotland.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Take out Rodgers time here - that was an ego trip for Desmond - and look what our manager calibre is, mowbray, deila, Lennon X2,

They banked on an easy ride with deila to get the titles, but it looks very much like we are forever happy to be part of a two horse race and accept sporadic success as you point out.

Boards a joke.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9. seanm

Lennon get to *.HH

Rydo1888* likes this.
  10. oh bhoy

Exactly They have created the exact house of cards scenario Dave king talked about on top of another round of downsizing if sevco get into the champions league they will be every bit as an attractive option for players who are willing to come to scotland.all because they wouldn't get rid of that useless * lennon

celticdaft238 likes this.
  11. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Thats the point I've been making for a long time. When the huns went bust in 2012 our board should have saw that as an opportunity to put Celtic on a level where in no one in Scotland could compete against us ever again. Instead they saw it as an opportunity to save money, sell our best players and replace them with inferior ones. Aside from Van Dijk and Denayer, who were never going to hang around, the signings since then for years afterwards were based around ensuring we were better than Aberdeen so that we'd win the league each year.

The Rodgers appointment showed the level of appointment we can actually make if we use the money we have. They only did that cause they were briefly * themselves and knew the fans needed some level of encouragement to renew their season tickets. Every single time for the past 20 years that we've had the advantage over rangers the board have failed to capitalise on it. A successful team to them is not seen as a platform to improve even further - its seen as an excuse not to spend any more money on the team - "The fans are already happy, they'll renew next season, no need for too much investment"

12. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Nil desperandum - even if nobody listens you can take comfort from having at least tried, I know I do.

FWIW I think it will take something pretty special to get the rump of fans back on board and if its still Lennon, Ross or Kennedy in the dugout next season I think you will be very pleasantly surprised at how many won't accept that i.e. don't renew

13. SuperZidane

I don't have a season ticket but if I did, I personally wouldn't renew if any combination of Lawwell/Lennon/Kennedy were still there.

If its a new manager/assistant, I'll give them a chance and would re-subscribe to Celtic TV and purchase merchandise from the club - both of which I am not doing.

theweeman likes this.
  14. jambo_cfc

Anyone else heard lennon will be away tomorrow ?

15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

you apparently, who you heard it from ?

16. jambo_cfc

theres a few rumours doing the rounds on twitter !

17. celtic warrior

Pffft Lennon ain't going anywhere until league is officially lost.

celticdaft238 likes this.
  18. celtic warrior

Either way, it's there in black and white.

Hire the likes of Rodgers, they will get us in the CL first time, something MON couldn't even do. Profits role in. Fans know it can be done and you best believe after this * is over, we will all be watching their every step more than usual.

There is no hiding from this, if someone like of the ilk of Rodgers is allowed to come in, actually sort out scouting and be given £30mill to spend on players, we'd be * near close to an invincible season.

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    There are rumblings going around, how much truth is attatched i don't know.

20. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    bhoy_wonder likes this.