1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stew37

When he was reappointed people for the most part were disappointed, as far as I could tell, when you consider some of the names that were being mentioned. I was disappointed as I thought it was a step back, but I got behind him, like the vast majority of people. It's undeniable we've regressed though.

2. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Have we regressed as a team, or just Lennons stubborness? The performances since he has played Sorro and Turnbull just come to show that it was all about player selection than players available to play and perform. His continual selection of SB over Sorro has been bizarre considering he played well in the "cameo" appearances we saw before the Lille game.

3. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

We've got the best squad of players in the league by miles. Unfortunately you can only * with * you've got and that * so far has been Lennon.

4. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Is anyone else lost like so indifferent radio silence from the club treated for mugs can't wait for the email for season tickets

SuperZidane and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    "very beneficial last 4-5 years. Hoping for more again"

Aye Lennon, a * up in Dubai is going to overcome a 19point deficit to a team that has only shipped 5 goals and dropped 4 points all season.

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I've stopped listening to him tbh.

8. SuperZidane

Yep - I stopped quite some time ago - I just look on here and see if anyone's picked up on anything.

Sgt Neppers* and Lewis Kerr like this.
  9. SuperZidane

I'm not sure what the timing is for season tickets - I live abroad so not an option for me. I wouldn't put it past DD to use a win in the Scottish Cup (or even reaching the final) to try and keep Lennon for next year.

I certainly won't spend another penny on them until there is clarity and I really hope that a lot of fans do the same same.

JamesM09 likes this.
  10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

It’s a good job Lenny brought us some success previously stretching over about 12 years as a player, captain & most recently as a manager, otherwise he would probably be getting slagged to * in here.

11. Lewis Kerr

The last time I listened to him was after the second defeat vs Sparta. Thought it would be his resignation interview. How naive of me.

I just despair at the current state of him and the club. As a supporter I have genuinely never felt so disconnected from it all, we're * finished and I have no interest anymore until this man and the board are chased out.

JamesM09 likes this.
  12. Onefootwonder

Listening to who?

The Prof likes this.
  13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I've just perused the last few pages. Personally, I couldn't give a * where he goes after Celtic and I doubt Celtic will be his last management job. He's been very successful in football as both a player and manager and while it's gone badly wrong this season and I want him gone, I'll still wish him well when he eventually does depart. Right now I'm more disillusioned with the board for keeping him on, whatever their real reasons for that may be.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

There's plenty wrong with the trip but that quote isn't one of them.

It's historically factual actually. We've always came back stronger in the 2nd half of the season following these trips. Personally I think we will do again and be more consistent in the 2nd half (would be hard to be less) although that's still unlikely to win us the League.

We have no control over the Hun's
    games other than the remaining 2 we play them.

15. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Sick of hearing him spout the same * over and over again. He doesn’t seem bothered with the 19 point deficit. Seems in great form over there and yeah sometimes it’s about luck and we’re still capable of winning the games. * off mate, capable of winning what 4 or 5 and then when we lose or draw say it wasn’t fair or our fault and we’ll get another good run of form. He’s literally at the wind up along with the board. I’m beyond baffled that he’s still here tbh

Peej likes this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Aye the trip to Dubai has been beneficial over the last few years, but i don't recall us trailing the zombies by 19 points at the time, whatever way you look at it this season has been a nightmare, the more Lenny talks the worse it get's, because he has presided over this farce.

We need to get him out the door and start planning for the future, instead of prolonging the inevitable.

Sgt Neppers* and Peej like this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah get that, true wee always do come back better.
    True it may happen again (in part or can't surely get any worse?)
    But it's just the way he says it as if the league's still there to be won.
    Which I guess til it's mathematically not possible, you wouldn't actually expect any less from your manager.

But it's just the way this season has panned out and the general nonsense from Lennon all season that gets on the * and makes these comments sound stupid and deluded - since almost everything else he has said has been one of, or both these things.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

The Prof likes this.
  18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I think he's got to say it really, whether he truly believes it is a different thing.

I remember we lost at home to Motherwell in April 2008 to go something like 10 points behind the huns with 8 or 9 games to play and everyone said it was over and there was no hope. Had Strachan said that we couldn't win the League after that game, why would the squad think it's possible?

He's said some idiotic things, made some incredible admissions and generally conducted himself pretty poorly this season, which is probably more why people are getting wound up at what he's saying.

I'm the same as @The Prof in that I've stopped listening to his interviews.

While it's still possible to win the League I'd always expect a Celtic manager to be bullish about our chances.

The Prof and Peej like this.
  19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye can't disagree man.
    I need to stop listening/reading him. End of the day he's not the future of this club and as poor as he is, there are bigger issues and fights to be had (board).

Anything I see is just instantly going to be getting my back up. So yeah, best to follow suit.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Seán Mac D likes this.
  20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I've switched off from his interviews completely, the reason he's still here is all down to an incompetent board.

People expecting him to resign and forego £500k in a Global Pandemic when he has no immediate prospects for another job - be it in football or media - are being fanciful. Lennon was Lawwell & Desmond's choice and it's down to them to change it if they don't think he's performing and the evidence of that is all before their eyes, yet they still won't do anything.

Infact worse than that the only time they've directly addressed fan concerns was when the metal fences were lifted, before and after that all the info has been released through their media placemen. I just hope that disdain isn't forgotten by supporters in 3 months when the renewal forms drop.

Even those who are intending on renewing (which I probably will) should hold out til on or close.to the deadline to send the message. Make them feel as powerless as we did in November when we went through that 2 wins in 13 games spell with no comment from the club.

Gyp Rosetti and Peej like this.