1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Martybhoy53

Lennon lost the dressing room after the Ferencvaros game with his post match comments and from then it has been a rapid downward spiral.

2. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I was up all night drinking burbon last night Jeannie. Should have kept myself some for today after that * :giggle1:

Jeannie960 likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

A chant is Hun behaviour, * off with this *.

What's the alternative, we all just politely criticise the manager from afar.

Oh yes, Mr Lennon, I do believe the performance today was below our usual expected standards.
    Please, if you have the chance, could you arrange for an internal squad meeting in our newly designed "player lounge" to address the situation at your earliest convenience.
    Kind regards,
    Peaceful and abiding Celtic fans.

"Lennon get Tae *" and rattling a construction wire fence and folk are acting like fans just burnt down a * hospital.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

4. JamesM09

Seems likely in hindsight.

I think the manager let the team down that night with his shocking tactics. Throwing them under the bus wouldn’t have gone done well.

If he took responsibility and apologised that night things might’ve went better.

It probably destroyed morale and confidence in the manager.

5. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    aye it feels better when you can put things in a hazy perspective :56:

Doogs. likes this.
  6. murphy88

Sutton can away and * off as well. He would have no problem with what's going on at Celtic Park tonight if Deila was in charge. If Lennon done the right thing and walked away straight after the game tonight (which would still be a month too late), the protest would be a lot more tame than it is. The fact he is still clinging on to squeeze more wages out is completely disrespecting the fans, along with his drivel he is spouting after every game. Then you have Lawwell, the * rat not doing the right thing and getting shot of Lennon. The fans have every right to be venting their anger tonight outside the stadium, the players and Lennon have been let off lightly by us not being allowed in the ground this season, because the utter * that we are being forced to endure is not acceptable.

Morcombe likes this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm actually wondering if the "* off" to Mikey Johnston last season was a catalyst for the players to turn on him.
    Performances were rotten long before the ferencravos game to be fair. It's been all * season.

Also, note how no one deemed Lennon of Hun behaviour for telling Mikey to * off... Go figure.

Crilly, bubbs, Sydneysider and 2 others like this.
  8. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Good on ye Jeannie! Enjoy that Rose....

Jeannie960 likes this.
  9. James Gold Member Gold Member

Some of support baffle me. People on twitter slating the banner now the protest all the while spouting about how Lennon deserves more respect all the while he sits awaiting his pay off

littlekennie likes this.
  10. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Showing up to the stadium en masse was fine when we cleared the superstore of Adidas gear with cash.

11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Obviously something was wrong when he said certain players were "not wanting to be here" earlier in the season. I reckon something should have been done there and then and not let it drag on this far. If it was (as the rumours suggest) Eddy, Christie and Ntcham and they were causing disruption in the dressing room, then they should not have been considered for a place in the team and their places given to guys that actually wanted to play for the team including Polish Paddy, Turnbull, Soro etc. It might have changed the whole dynamic of the club and we might not be in the mess we are in today.

Sydneysider and amnoabilly like this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Honestly think some are determined to be seen as more loyal and more "Celtic" than others in some * up hope that he gets this back on track and they can gloat with their "I had more faith than you" attitude.

2 wins in 10, no matter who you are, at Celtic that is not okay. At all. Ever.

James likes this.
  13. DonnyCelt

This * still here

Crilly and Peej like this.
  14. scootz

I’m a bit perplexed why some folks are comparing Sutton’s treatment of Ronnie and Lennie.

One is a Celtic legend and his mate.

The other is neither.

Its much ado about nothing.

StPauli1916 and Sydneysider like this.
  15. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    I've hoped for months that Lennon would prove us all wrong but its just getting worse and worse. how many penalties are we going to give away, how many goals will we continue to conced from corners and free kicks, nothing is changing.

2 wins out of 10, 4 home defeats in a row for the first time in 62 years, 23 goals conceded and ac milan is only going to make the statistic worse on thursday.

I'm sorry Neil but you dont have time to fix this any more, its over please do the right thing.

Artorias likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Because both are/were Celtic managers and he is a pundit for Scottish football.
    His treatment for both is wildly different and not fitting for the results and performances that both were achieving.

We all know why Lennon gets it easier from him, but he needs called out for it considering the abuse he dished out to deila.

Crilly and Moore like this.
  17. Hadouken

Multiple things went wrong at the same time unfortunately, losing Forrest was a massive loss, Browns age suddenly caught up with him, Eddy hasn’t turned up this season and the Duffy hype train got derailed before it even left the station add all this on top of the fact our confidence is shot and we haven’t been able to keep a consistent starting 11 or formation and it was always going to be a recipe for disaster- it’s absolutely heartbreaking but it is what it is we have to try and salvage the season and go all out for the league at this point Lenny can’t survive it’s clear that the players have downed their tools it’s sickening but if football players lose faith in their manager it’s something they can and will resort to sadly- just gutted tbh

18. James Gold Member Gold Member

In that lies the point. He chased Ronny now his mate is on a worse run than Ronny ever was and look at him

Crilly and Peej like this.
  19. JamesM09

I’ve wanted him out for months. Slaughtered him on here.

But he deserves whatever was in his agreement. He acted in good faith until the end.

Lawwell loves to take advantage of ‘Celtic men’ with lower wages and guilt trips. We can afford to compensate Neil Lennon fs.

Also, good luck attracting a manager of any calibre if you refuse to compensate as is common practice in world football.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    See Sutton and a few others on twitter are calling the fans a disgrace and toxic for protesting outside the ground. Our fans aren’t in question here, it’s the players, management and board. Don’t fix the spotlight on a crowd of people who actually give enough * to leave their home on a very cold evening to show disgust at how our team are performing. They are the core and heart of the fans and they have every right to peaceful protest. If this was Italy, Croatia or Serbia the players would not have made it to their cars. The fans would be inside the dressing room telling them like it is. The Celtic support have been absent all season and have only turned up to show support outside stadiums with positive banners. It’s only the last couple of weeks that things have soured. Most of these fans have paid season ticket money into the club to receive nothing back. I think they are entitled to be * off Chris Sutton. A man I usually won’t hear a bad word about. Very poor.

Artorias likes this.