1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Fickle :56::56::56::56:

11 points behind the huns, pumped out of Europe with one of the most embarrassing aggregate defeats in our history, a team in disarray, a "manager" utterly out of his depth blaming everyone except himself and so much more...

But oh yes, tut tut Neil :76:

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Blah blah blah blah blah * blah...don't give a * Neil... go away

4. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Look at the nick of him man! It looks like he cant pick himself up never mind the team, doesnt look well at all. PL needs to throw the towel in

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We all know what Lenny has been through over the years, but that does not excuse the shambles we are currently being forced to endure.

There is no defence for Lenny anymore, we're way past the point of turning any corners or kicking on, things will only continue to get worse the longer he remains in charge, he needs to be removed asap.

6. DonnyCelt

We're never gonna be rid of him are we :31:

7. wulliebad

There is no way lenny does not know how the fans feel,he is not a fool.He knows where we are and where the team is does not cut it in glasgow. He is in danger of ruining his history with the fans.

8. Celticbhoy97

Love being a fan of The Lennon Desmond Lawwell FC...

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The “spoiled” patter tends to come from * idiots with their head buried in the sand. “But the 90’s!”

Times have changed. The huns were in League 2 a a few years ago. It was only 2 years ago we were pumping them 5-0 to win the league. Now we’re “spoiled” because we think them outplaying us on a consistent basis, and being pumped 8-2 over two games by Sparta Prague is unacceptable? Never mind the back to back humiliations in the CL qualifiers.

People using the word “spoiled” simply can’t be taken seriously. They are out of touch with the current landscape of Scottish football.

10. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

decent post. giving you some much needed support on it.

“Lennon out” will always be more productive than “* Lennon”

Taz likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Saw someone on Twitter saying it but this “all Lennon has done for us”, “what a servant” pish has to stop.

Aye he’s been involved in a lot of the good times at this club. But he was paid a handsome wage as a player. He was given the managers job with zero experience as a first team manager. He was then given a second chance as the manager after having mixed success at Bolton and Hibs.

He should be thankful to the club. Not the other way around. He has no idea how lucky he is to be managing a club of our size.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

I disagree mate, he most probably is when he opens up his wage slip after spells with Hibs and Bolton...

Officer Doofy likes this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    They had a zoom chat, big Peter revealed that he copped a good few bargains online, Black friday ye canny whack it !

14. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I guess if expecting us to be a professionally run club, where opponents are analysed by the management team, our players have a clear understanding of their roles, duties and the tactics being employed, backed up with high level coaching, nutrition and fitness regimes, plus structured post match analysis for making improvements, both individually and as a team, makes me an entitled spoiled brat I am guilty as charged.

None of that is in anyway unusual in the current game, and yet we appear to be lacking in much of it. His coaching style is about 20 years out of date, and it shows.

15. Bonobhoy

A massive problem is that the fans cant make the noise in the stadium. If we were in,the noise would be defeaning and the board would act,its not as if Lawell and Desmond scan forums,they are oblivious to this at the moment (apart from the banner).

Pretty shocked today,i honestly thought he would walk,but to state the board are with him now intensifies this situation. Hes here until January 2nd at least now.There is no way they would get rid of him after the final,as how can you sack a manager thats just won the Quad Treble,and also the games coming up are easier than has been lately.

He looses on the 2nd January the board will move then,but its far to late as we will just have lost the league due to this.If there has been a sit down,they better have got everything out in the open,along with the players thats downed tools and sort this out.

There is nothing the fans can do about this at the moment,we cant get into the stadium to voice our opinion and wont be in the stadium till next season at least,when its all over.

We really are on the edge of a cliff here,and the board have done this by not making the correct decisions in years,they couldnt give a * about us,only to keep the books in the green and out the red.

16. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I respect what people are saying, such as @Padmill & @Officer Doofy and not disputing that we as a club should not be in this position. We have had every advantage, yet here we are. That was not the point of my comment, and personally I was not in favour of him being given the job on a F/T basis after the interum run, when he picked up the pieces after BR left, but that's all in the past now.

Think we all know that he loves Celtic and loves being the Celtic manager, after having seen the grass is not greener elsewhere. He had his chance and could have been here for much of the entire past decade, so getting a second shot at Celtic, when he knows there will not be a third, so can see why he wants to fight on, but it is to the detriment of the club, and no player, no man, not even the manager is more important than the club. To paraphrase @Bayern Bru don't have an issue with 'Lennon Out', but I do with those that are saying '* Lennon'.

Xatraps likes this.
  17. CountyDownFaithful

Yup it’s absolute lunacy

18. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Football without the fans is nothing.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

19. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes and so do we, We deserve better from the team on the park and Lenny will get the same measure of respect that he gives the fans

Most people are rightly annoyed by the situation we find ourselves in but what is enraging everyone is the total * he is trying to tell the fans! If he cannot respect us by being honest and accepting most of the blame then he will not get much respect in return.

Dreadful in Europe and he says we were excellent for 35 mins. Only if he is comparing that performance to the * one against the Huns at home.

I am certain that he will not turn anything around, we will lose to Milan and continue to struggle domestically. Getting pumped at Ibrokes might just be enough to see him go but the damage is already done.

He deserved the opportunity to resign,, he didn't take it and is now overstaying his welcome. The board wont sack him for the simple reason that they have no clue who to bring in and fix this mess so they will let Lenny stumble along until January

King of Kings and Keano88 like this.
  20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I * love the man. I hope with everything I've got he can turn this round